Page 1 of 3
LastLast

is anyone else disappointed?

I am having a hardtime having fun with the lock in cata. I was a mage for a long time before switching to lock, I felt mage had got boring at the time and decided to take up my warlock, loved the class, love the mechanics back then but now I don't find it fun at all especially at 85. To me the class has become "watching the ISF buff" more than anything else. The class has gone from fun to tedious from my point of view, i'm utterly disappointed.

I was also disappointed with my lock. I used to wreck paladins (holy) and had no problem with dealing with a rogue. Now I barley touch paladins. Very upsetting.

I just dont feel the all powerful lock-fulness anymore. Not as many big crits as I used to get either. This is all at 60-70 range though. But still.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having a blast. Also, if you don't like keeping an eye on timers, procs, etc. Locks probably aren't the class for you. Get power auras. You don't have to watch the ISF buff. You have it tell you when it's ticking down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordender View Post
    I am having a hardtime having fun with the lock in cata. I was a mage for a long time before switching to lock, I felt mage had got boring at the time and decided to take up my warlock, loved the class, love the mechanics back then but now I don't find it fun at all especially at 85. To me the class has become "watching the ISF buff" more than anything else. The class has gone from fun to tedious from my point of view, i'm utterly disappointed.
    Then reroll. There's never been a better time.
    Thank you dubbelbasse for the excellent sig!

I enjoy the lock it just doesn't feel as powerfull as it used to, the spec is called destruction yet it doesn't really feel that way and I often don't even cast SF because it feels like I'm losing so much dps having to cast a 2.7 sec spell every 15 seconds and it's not like you need the haste THAT bad when your incins are only 1.95 seconds long with DI up.

You guys are funny. Now were more fun than ever, more challenging than ever and actually more powerful than ever.
    As destro 16k dps with heroic hitcap and a bit lower with raid hitcap. In pvp you can destroy pretty much anyone as demo.

Cata is for me amazing, so are the warlock changes (with the exception of the DI sound).
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Deleted
    Try a different class for a couple of weeks, go back to your main, you might find you prefer something different or you've got tired of your lock, or you may realise that you miss loads of things about playing your lock and come rushing back.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I'm not enjoying is the loathsomely abyssmal quality of heroic pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The only thing I'm not enjoying is the loathsomely abyssmal quality of heroic pugs.
    This and the lock T11 set bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordender View Post
    I don't enjoy that we are supposed to keep that buff up for maximized DPS, but I am enjoying myself at 85.
    Guild: <vodka> - Armory: Qtica

Deleted
    Well, I play affli and destru in pvp and its really fun and both seem to be quite viable. for pve .. meh... try to stop watching timers too hard to squeeze out the last 10dps out of your char and enjoy the instances and content more.

Ive leveled my lock to 85, geared him up for hc and ran dozens of those. I've tried all the specs and none of them feels fun for me anymore.

I'm not gonna lie, I like to have an easy rotation. Being an officer in my guild during raids I like to observe other raiders and look out for anyone failing. When the rotation is too complex I just cant split my attention. Destro used to be perfect for me, more difficult than spamming one button like in TBC, but still not too hard with only (CoD, immo, conflag, chaos bolt, incinerate) 5 skills to manage.
    Now you have bane of doom on 30 sec timer instead of 1 min CoD, you have to manage corruption, ISF every 15 seconds, SF on empowered imp proc, you have 2 extra cooldowns to look out for - soul burn and demon soul and you have fel flame when on the move and on top of that depending on the setup you might also be on CoE and improved shadow bolt duty.

I also have a problem with our aoe. RoF has lower dps than single target rotation unless you fight 6(?)+ enemies. While classes like DKs just spread diseases and continue with their normal rotation dealing massive amounts of damage.

Do you remember what blizz has done to locks at the start of wotlk? You know, the time when warlock class nearly died out, with everyone rerolling op dks.
    I decided to wait for blizz to fix locks, it took em half a year to buff us from terrible to 'below avarage', I dont know if I want to wait again.
    If you dont enjoy your class simply reroll, so now I'm lvling my alt, will hit 85 soon and then I'll decide which one to continue playing.

Quote Originally Posted by hidey0shi View Post
    Do you remember what blizz has done to locks at the start of wotlk? You know, the time when warlock class nearly died out, with everyone rerolling op dks.

If you dont enjoy your class simply reroll, so now I'm lvling my alt, will hit 85 soon and then I'll decide which one to continue playing.
    I LOVED that time. Most crappy warlocks rerolled because playing lock was 'too hard' compared to TBC. The good ones stayed and showed we could rape the meters if we actually knew how to wield our weapons.

Not saying this was the case with you, but I wouldn't mind this happening again, indeed I would support it.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The main thing Blizzard done with this expansion is making choises.There is perfect rotation,where you can do max damage output/dps,but it just doesnt fit with moving and stuff.Thats why you have to choose wheter you are going to cast that spell or perhaps other spell,depending on situation.No more blind rotations,hitting buttons and AOE-ing.

Thats why you dont have fun.You are not DPSing nearly enough that you want,because you didnt learned how to make spell choices.

To me fun is trying to be better than others,not actually being better.Being best is just a result,and its short-time before someone surpass you.
    Last edited by Palcica; 2010-12-12 at 04:28 PM.

Ehh as Affliction I am not liking having more buttons to press and more timers to watch. I use Procwatch, awesome addon (recommend it!), but still tedious. Really I could do with a massive culling of abilities from my bar on a lot of classes. I think they need to take away ability spamming and do more.. secondary mechanics to create depth in fights.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hidey0shi View Post
    Ive leveled my lock to 85, geared him up for hc and ran dozens of those. I've tried all the specs and none of them feels fun for me anymore.

I'm not gonna lie, I like to have an easy rotation. Being an officer in my guild during raids I like to observe other raiders and look out for anyone failing. When the rotation is too complex I just cant split my attention. Destro used to be perfect for me, more difficult than spamming one button like in TBC, but still not too hard with only (CoD, immo, conflag, chaos bolt, incinerate) 5 skills to manage.
    Now you have bane of doom on 30 sec timer instead of 1 min CoD, you have to manage corruption, ISF every 15 seconds, SF on empowered imp proc, you have 2 extra cooldowns to look out for - soul burn and demon soul and you have fel flame when on the move and on top of that depending on the setup you might also be on CoE and improved shadow bolt duty.

I also have a problem with our aoe. RoF has lower dps than single target rotation unless you fight 6(?)+ enemies. While classes like DKs just spread diseases and continue with their normal rotation dealing massive amounts of damage.

I decided to wait for blizz to fix locks, it took em half a year to buff us from terrible to 'below avarage', I dont know if I want to wait again.
    Have you tried downloading Faceroller add on or Easy Destro? Makes worrying about rotations a thing of the past.

At lvl 83 when i ran a heroic, on a boss fight that lasted maybe a minute i did 8k dps, that was in blues/greens, but just quest items..
    I can imagine in raid epics, i think Elitis Jerks simcraft maybe correct with T11 heroic gear in the 20k

yeah theres alot to watch, but what do you want, wanna be like a mage, roll a mage and hit 1 button the whole time. I don't like that our prioritys are centered around ISF, but what can you do, we just gotta deal with it and make use of it.

Dissapointed? Yes. Probably going to raid with another toon? Yes.

Tedious is the best way to describe playing pve, for me, as a lock right now. It's just not fun. Removing ISF from the equation, or changing it to be more fluid, would go some ways to fixing the lack of fun. I don't really care about meters, and I do find it hilarious that top tier guilds are actively recruiting multitudes of locks because they sim out well, I care about having fun while raiding and achieving things with my guild.

Never played with any dot timer or power auras anything before, and I dont intend to start. A seperate computer program telling me how to play another program doesn't help the lack of fun, it actually makes it less fun.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    I LOVED that time. Most crappy warlocks rerolled because playing lock was 'too hard' compared to TBC. The good ones stayed and showed we could rape the meters if we actually knew how to wield our weapons.

Not saying this was the case with you, but I wouldn't mind this happening again, indeed I would support it.
    This, and it seems like that is becoming the case. Good. Keeps the bads away and makes groups need me more.

Having fun. Not much has changed about the class other then a few abilities and a changed rotation. What I did like is the new Demons in this expansion that I'm able to enslave.