Deleted

Heroic Dungeons - Me or the DPS?

Hi Guys, Hope you are enjoying Cataclysm.

I've been running Heroic Dungeons for the last couple of days and I'm both enjoying it but at the same time hating it!

Healing wise, I think I'm defiantly doing my job correctly and have adapted to the new playstyle introduced with the expansion, I'm playing Holy at the moment but have experience with Discipline since the launch. Running into a boss fight I ;-

Chakra -> Heal -> Renew [Tank]
    - Drink to 100% -
    Then spam Heal and the Instant "Chastise" heal to keep the tank alive. Heal is obviously refreshing Renew.

for AoE, Keep PoM on cooldown and use a CoH when damage gets heavy. I VERY rarely switch into PoH Chakra as I honestly can't justify the mana for throughput. Lightwell is nyerking amazing so I use it when needed.

When TANK damage is heavy, I normally cast a Greater Heal or if I think he's going to die I'll Guardian Spirit -> GH. Flash Heal is PURELY emergency and I very rarely resort to it.

Now the group I normally run with is a Guild group, consisting of ;-
    - Holy Priest [Me]
    - Balance Druid
    - Destruction Warlock
    - Demonology Warlock OR Shadow Priest
    - Protection Warrior

Overall, we do really well. The group interrupts, CC's and use's both offensive and defensive cool-downs at good times. Where we struggle is on certain bosses and instances. Now It's really been frustrating all of us as we seem to be doing something wrong. My thoughts make it think it's the DPS, the locks are hitting around 7-8k and the boomkin is a off-spec hitting roughly 6. What I've been reading/seeing, Is DPS meant to be higher?

What I need to know is, Is it my lack of healing or the lack of DPS that's making us fail?

Towards the end of the boss fight, I'm either OOM or searching for scraps of mana. Is this due to my bad mana management or that the fight is taking too long due to low DPS.

Here are my stats:

Spellpower -> 5400
    10% Haste
    10% Crit
    2800 Mana regen.

What do you guys think? Don't be afraid to call me an idiot if I'm doing something obviously wrong!
    Thanks in Advance, Daniel

My death knight is capable of 12-14k on most fights in Heroics, your dps is definitely low. Whether or not its low enough to prevent you from clearing or not I do not know, but I am certain it could be quite a bit stronger.

Edit: I am at a 345 ilvl currently, which helps too.
    Last edited by Emothianes; 2010-12-11 at 11:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

Deleted
    The DPS is definatly low, I would suggest running more normal instances for them to gear up rather than trying to jump straight to heroics if they are undergeared.