Thread: Tanking and WoG

Tanking and WoG

Now this isn't bashing WoG. I love it. However, recently during our first 10 man TB raid. I found myself pulling off the other tank just by CS and WoG spamming, causing our raid to wipe. Now It could very well be that the other tank was doing something wrong, however I feel it my job to make sure that I"M not the one doing something wrong (zomg a tank taking responsibility for a wipe, he must be a troll!).

My Kweshun is dis. Does WoG generate threat, for the life of me I can't seem to tell, and if so, any suggestions on how I can maybe make this stop other then the obvious "Stop doing it."

"Some have been thought brave because they were afraid to run away"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoAutoshot View Post
    Now this isn't bashing WoG. I love it. However, recently during our first 10 man TB raid. I found myself pulling off the other tank just by CS and WoG spamming, causing our raid to wipe. Now It could very well be that the other tank was doing something wrong, however I feel it my job to make sure that I"M not the one doing something wrong (zomg a tank taking responsibility for a wipe, he must be a troll!).

My Kweshun is dis. Does WoG generate threat, for the life of me I can't seem to tell, and if so, any suggestions on how I can maybe make this stop other then the obvious "Stop doing it."
    It does generate threat, but I read a post on EJ in the original Tanking Field Manual(before they closed the thread and xfered the data to a new one from Beta-> Release) that it's threat wasn't anyways near comparable to SotR threat.

I suppose it depends on the class of your other tank, but I'd assume they'd have much higher threat generating abilities/attacks at their disposal because I think WoG was like .25 or so of threat compared to SotR, so it seems like the other tank was def doing something wrong.

Btw, I'll find that link.

---------- Post added 2010-12-11 at 07:31 PM ----------

Tanking Field Manual(Beta Thread)

There you go, ~7 posts down by Wrathblood...given this was Beta testing, so idk how much that changed, but that's the last I knew of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mackenzie View Post
    The real reason why everyone hates Garrosh...he sparkles in sunlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakusai View Post
    Saw a hunter named Michaelvick with no pet out

Back when i was testing threat thru TankadinTPS I ran a bunch of test as of the 4.0.3a on ptr. As far as i could tell it was doing as much threat as any normal heal would. It was about as much threat as a HotR (which was hitting harder than CS back then) for a 3 stack. But I did find out that it didn't produce any threat from overheal. So if most of it is healing you it should be producing threat about half the heal quantity which still shouldn't be anything massive.

Alright Thank you very much. Just confused the hell out of me.

"Some have been thought brave because they were afraid to run away"

15+ Year Old Account
    In a lot of fights where tank swapping will take place, the first tank to take the boss will usually end up with higher threat due to the vengeance being pre stacked, when i was doing tol'barad i pretty much just salved myself after the first swap, after that the gap is probably big enough and the second tank has enough vengeance to keep up unless hes terrible or severely ungeared

any heal including WOG does as much threat as if you had done dmg equal to that amount to every target in combat with you. But only if it is actual healing overhealing does not cause threat