Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Wink So...What is the new healing plan?

So now with cata healing we are having to conserve mana and not spam rejuv and wild growth anymore, what general plan have people picked up on and are now using?

At the moment all i've been doing is:
    1. Get 3xLifebloom on Tank.
    2. Spam Nourish as it is only 1k mana and it refreshes Lifebloom.
    3. If Tank is still taking a worrying amount of damage I apply a Rejuv and Swiftmend.
    4. If Tank is stable and group are taking damage, spam Nourish on them and use a Wild Growth.
    5. Using Regrowth when Omen pops.
    6. If shit is hitting the fan and everyone is taking an uncontrollable amount of damage, use Tranq, if that is on cooldown die.
    7. Also using Tree Form for bosses when it is getting rough and Innervating on boss fights as early as i can but gain the max amount of mana.

What do you do and any tips for me please? :<

Edit: Changed from the word rotation to plan >.>
    Last edited by Zebila; 2010-12-12 at 12:33 AM.

That's not a healing rotation. You just have to know what heal to use, when to use it and who to use it on. Every encounter is different each time you do it. There are untold variables that you have to take into account for every spell you cast. From what you've written, I would say you have a solid grasp on the healing game. Although the last part of step 6 has me concerned. Just keep practicing and you will keep getting better...unless you are a bad. If that's the case, I have bad news for you.

There's no such thing as a "healing rotation".

I am keeping 3xLB on tank, rejuv if he gets dmg and HT to top him.
    No need to use nourish since he either needs HT or rejuv is enough. nothing in between.

When group is taking dmg then WG and efflo.
    When group is taking a lot of dmg then ToL and roll LB on everyone plus HT on CC procs

When I am low on mana I let melee die and so on

Healing Rotation on a druid? Not a good idea. Improvise!

Ok i guess rotation wasn't the right word to use, i was trying to get across just want you normally do for most fights as a set plan kinda thing...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mroz123 View Post
    I am keeping 3xLB on tank, rejuv if he gets dmg and HT to top him.
    No need to use nourish since he either needs HT or rejuv is enough. nothing in between.

When group is taking dmg then WG and efflo.
    When group is taking a lot of dmg then ToL and roll LB on everyone plus HT on CC procs

When I am low on mana I let melee die and so on
    I try this also, yet i seem to go oom fast as hell
    I try keep CC procs for healing touch on tank if needed

I have like 11 346 items already and i still run, although when the boss dies it's amazing. I think the heroics are fun but i guess i have to get used to this because i'm oom near the end of the fight all the time, the only fight i think should be brought down a little is BRC 3rd boss hc, man that's insane.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need to nourish raid damage often. Just wild growth then rejuv the raid. let other classes do a bigger heal. If more healing is need though then you swiftmend and nourish. I hate tranq. It is garbage. That really just gets you more behind on healing. I am speaking of 25m content though. Let laser beams do the healing chunks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiding 10s, 25s and 5 man heroics will all be vastly different. Depending on how you assign heals for 25s, unless you are assigned to groups Tranq is not trash, not even close. It gets everyone to full and is smart cast. If you are assigned to groups, chances are it wont be healing yours, so it's not as powerful. Everything besides 25 group healing, tranq is amazing.

What I would suggest for raiding is assigning groups. Rj spamming is useless now, but when you have 25 people to heal you don't have much of an option. So, assigning groups will make it so all of your healers can easily use their triage and not have intense mana problems while healing correctly. You will see all your healers hps spike and bosses will become much easier.

Do not use HT outside of omen procs. This is why druids are having such terrible mana problems. Use your nourish! We cleared all heroic bosses and got the achieves and the main reason is nourish. If the group doesn't need healing try and keep your tank at 100% at all times with nourish. Unless you spi starved yourself, you should have enough regen to easily spam nourish. When the big abilities do happen, you can throw and emergency heal and keep healing your group without too much trouble because your tank isn't in the red region because he started at 100%.

Use WG for group dmg before RJ, especially if it's more than 1 person taking dmg. Wg is a lot cheaper than 3+ RJs. Once they have a hot, once again, nourish if needed. There is no reason to throw a RG. Unless the RJ/wg/efflor is enough to keep them up, you should be using nourish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mroz123 View Post
    Lifebloom is only one target at a time, so you can't be rolling LB on everyone...
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Well I will post my own here...

Roll 3x lifebloom on tank
    Use nourish for minor damage(70%+ health) on tank
    Use healing touch for those around 30-70% health
    For those really low, pop a regrowth then healing touch (also applicable for really heavy damage due to nature's grace proc)
    If everyone has taken light damage, wild growth
    If everyone is around 50% health and taking damage, tranq
    When the shit hits the fan (in general), pop tree
    for single people around 80% health roll a rejuv on them, forget unless they take more damage, if lower health, follow with nourishes/healing touch.

That is pretty much my plan here

---------- Post added 2010-12-11 at 10:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    Lifebloom is only one target at a time, so you can't be rolling LB on everyone...
    When you are in tree you can put LB on as many people as you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

How can you even justify using RJ. There's no way you can use it as much as people in this thread are saying to throw it out. For me RJ is for the tank or when shit really hits the fan and I know I'll be using my ToL later. My biggest issue ATM is using Nourish over HT. I'm also torn on using Nourish/HT to refresh Lifebloom on the tank, when just casting Lifebloom again will proc Replenishment. Obviously when the tank needs a big heal it's necessary, but I like to keep Replen up 100% of the time. I also do not like how our ability to move and heal has been gimped, I'm casting a lot more than I am rolling HoTs on people.

Refreshing lifebloom through nourish/healing touch refreshes replenishment.
    Possibly make clearcasting apply to rejuvenation? just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

I have to agree with Myrrar, don't overlook the use of nourish. Spam it constantly. Use it on the tanks, use it on the raid, use it a lot. If the incoming damage isn't going to kill somebody them use nourish to slowly heal them up. People need to stop expecting instant return to 100% health after one spell cast. Keep people alive, not topped off at full health. The healer that keeps people alive with the least amount of mana spent is the best healer in the group. The healer that blows his HPS wad in 2 minutes and then scrapes along with his mana regen is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Refreshing lifebloom through nourish/healing touch refreshes replenishment.
    Good to know, ty

You can in ToL form. Procs an ungodly amount of clearcastings...
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    You can in ToL form. Procs an ungodly amount of clearcastings...
    To clarify, when you use your Tree of Life cooldown, you are able to cast Lifebloom on more than one target.

There is no rotation, there isn't even any definite plan. It really depends on the situation, who you're healing, why they took damage, how much life they have left, if there is more damage coming, etc.

To be honest, so much goes through my head when deciding who to heal and what spell to use that I really couldn't explain it in several simple steps. But here are a few things that I use as guidelines:

1. The spell's mana cost. Read and remember how much mana each spell costs. When you know that, deciding between AoE vs. single target healing spells becomes much easier.

2. Damage source. It's important to know whether the damage someone took is a one-time thing or an incoming stream of damage. Furthermore, I will most likely not be very keen on wasting an expensive spell heal on someone who takes avoidable damage.

3. Role of the person who took damage. Generally speaking, melee DPS tend to take more damage than ranged. Often a mage can handle being at 50% HP a bit longer than a rogue, so I prioritize my heals accordingly. I also prioritize myself over DPS for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by emni; 2010-12-12 at 04:37 PM.

Possibly make clearcasting apply to rejuvenation? just a thought
    Would be nice if you could...
    I use my OoC procs for HT or Regrowth, depending on how fast I need that heal to land.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    All my "ticks" have allready been stated, HT on OoC proccs etc. I didn't roll with efflo earlier but I tried it out today and even though it's not a huge amount of healing, with wild growth that stuff really does help out.

And for the record, I love how healing is now, intense and challenging <3