Thread: pulling 101

pulling 101

with cata beaing out we once more need to use our old pulling tacs but sens there was alot of ppl who joined us in WotLK who don't know all of the therms used or if you have forgotten this is a quick guide/reminder of the slang used in pulling and what it means

LoS pulling = Line of Sight pulling, bascly you hide behind a corner the tank uses a range ability and you hide untill the mobs comes to you often used with heavy caster mob packs that needs to be pulled back and then CCed or Aoed down

CC pull = crowd conrtoll pull, means that you start with CC often used sens the mob in question dose somthing dangerous at the start or that it can't be CC after it has used an ability

AoE pull = Area of effect pull, the standard pull of WotLK you just use your AoE abilities, now for tanks to make it easier on yourself mark 1 target with a skull here sens many dps classes now have sort of lance like AoE (more dmg on 1 target and then some dps on the rest)

pull pat = pulling the patroll, means that he is going for the patroll so it won't pull more if you where going for an other group

w8 pat = wait patroll, means that there is an patroll coming so that is why the tank isn't pulling somtimes shortend to just "pat" if you are going for a CC pull and need to warn the puller

other things that you might need a refresh on is what kind of universal marking and what you need to think when you see said mark

skull = first kill target
    cross = second kill target
    moon = sheep
    diamond = hex/banish
    triangle = third kill target/hex
    square = freezing trap
    cricle = mostly unused and often namned as needed
    star = sap

that is the general feel i have gotten when i played back in TBC and how it is now

as a side note on the moon square and star can be used for other CC if you have more of the same class CC in your group

i hope this will help some of you new guys out there not used to some harder HCs

10+ Year Old Account
    It's good to point out this stuff for those people who didn't play before wotlk. When I tank I start by pasting this macro just to make sure everyone is clear:

/p Hello, I mark targets often so please be aware of what I mean by each symbol: {skull}= 1st kill target, {X}= 2nd kill, {moon}= polymorph/hex, {square}= freeze trap, {star}= sap, {diamond}= banish/shackle {triangle}= repentance, {circle}= hibernate.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmon View Post
    It's good to point out this stuff for those people who didn't play before wotlk. When I tank I start by pasting this macro just to make sure everyone is clear:

/p Hello, I mark targets often so please be aware of what I mean by each symbol: {skull}= 1st kill target, {X}= 2nd kill, {moon}= polymorph/hex, {square}= freeze trap, {star}= sap, {diamond}= banish/shackle {triangle}= repentance, {circle}= hibernate.
    I try to do this too when in pugs, except in guild runs for when lets say, there's no tank on! It helps a lot, and it's important that people know what the hell is going on and what will be sheeped, etc.