Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    ya my dk at lvl 83 can tank bosses just fine it is just the trash i have probs with.. and learn when to use cds it will help.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had never done ICC tanking on my DK and I main tanked all the way up to LK on my first run in with these new mechanics. I think it works just fine personally... we shall see. Just got to have skilled players these days like it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Herald View Post
    Just as it meant nothing in WotLK, so too will soloing 5man dungeon bosses mean nothing in Cata.
    Right, you mean soloing a boss from 20% isn't something? DK survivability via their abilities is ridiculous.

Finding 0 problems tanking in lvl 85 hc's, Death strike when used well can stop alot if not all inc dmg till the next heal which can be 2-3secs because of the healing casting times. Icebound Fort feels overpowered to be frank, Runetap heals for wayyyy to much + glyphed to heal the party/raid for 5-7k per person which is good in a pinch. Im in love with my death knight lol

Deleted
    I read somewhere that DK's and Bears are easiest tanks to heal now in cata, cause of the avoidance they have(No shields) and you are saying that DK's are shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Athyle View Post
    Finding 0 problems tanking in lvl 85 hc's, Death strike when used well can stop alot if not all inc dmg till the next heal which can be 2-3secs because of the healing casting times. Icebound Fort feels overpowered to be frank, Runetap heals for wayyyy to much + glyphed to heal the party/raid for 5-7k per person which is good in a pinch. Im in love with my death knight lol
    I'm glad you're burning through heroic dungeons with extreme ease, but heroic dungeon inc damage is nothing like raid damage. Remember that in a month or two.

Note to all: Don't put words in my mouth and don't exaggerate to extremes. I'd expect this type of behavior from the monkeys on the WoW forums; try to step it up.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Uhh this isn't world of 1shots anymore, nothing will have the base damage capable of hitting you for your entire health pool unless its a voidzone.
    When you aren't going to be instagibbed, mitigation is mitigation, in any form.

But having a self regenerating class over a mitigation class is that the regenerating class is more sensitive to spiking, but can heal it all back up given time, where the mitigation class can not.
    But they have the mechanics to one shot you or at least deal repeptitive damage so quickly a healer cant heal through it.. or you have to pull several hard hitting mobs at the same time.. the world of 1 shotting is alive and well whidden with the damage dealt by abilities and mobs that need to be cc'd.. one hunter mutli shot and its all over..

I'm looking for feedback from all relevant audiences.
    Okay, as a healer I've actually had an easier time healing a DK instead of a warrior. (not dissing warriors in general, may have been a gear issue, but not sure).

Example: Warrior with about 130k buffed HP in a dungeon, had a hell of a time keeping him alive during trash/boss mobs.
    Warrior dropped, got a DK tank. It was smooth sailing from there.

Of course I'm not addressing all the mechanics, just showing an observation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Paladin, 35k health remaining; gets hit for 40k damage but mitigates 10k. He lives.
    DK, 35k health remaining; gets hit for 40k damage but has 20k absorb from Death Strike. He takes less damage than the Paladin.
    I fixed your example.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    I fixed your example.
    Hey, while we're assuming that all defensive masteries are always up let's assume that the Pallys and Warriors block every physical hit! Oh goodness, now Pallys and Warriors are taking massively less physical damage than DKs!

But wait, there's more! Let's assume the Pally has 30k overheal shield from GbtL; now he's taking EVEN LESS damage every hit! And the Warrior's Blood Craze was ticking the entire fight and Impending Victory proc'd every time; such an OP amount of healing! Don't even get me started on Druids; they get to crit with every melee swing AND receive a shield for it!

Or, instead, you could stop making retarded arguments.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...atami/advanced

This is my character (slightly behind as im ilvl 340 now) Me and my guild druid healer haven't had any problems. Especially ever since I respec'd and picked up lichborne and endless winter. Not only do I now have a way out of fear, my interrupt cost nothing, AND I can pop 3x death coil heals for 60-66k health in 3 GCD's and that's without vampire's embrace popped. Most our problems are just executing new fights properly not DK tank issues. I personally think we are VERY well off for this expansion. Interrupting casts on bosses, and using stuff like AMS properly can go a long way in keeping your dmg recieved at or below other tanks.

Deleted
    Hey, while we're assuming that all defensive masteries are always up let's assume that the Pallys and Warriors block every physical hit! Oh goodness, now Pallys and Warriors are taking massively less physical damage than DKs!

But wait, there's more! Let's assume the Pally has 30k overheal shield from GbtL; now he's taking EVEN LESS damage every hit! And the Warrior's Blood Craze was ticking the entire fight and Impending Victory proc'd every time; such an OP amount of healing! Don't even get me started on Druids; they get to crit with every melee swing AND receive a shield for it!

Not to mention that the Blood Shield only mitigates physical attacks, if you get slapped in the face with a spell that 20k blood shield doesn't really do much then.

Overall I'm not too bothered with the changes as I've done a few instances quite well but it's the mobs I'm more concerned about. I recently did a throne of the tides instance and the mobs + a dragon boss all have a haste slow effect that are applied to players. Now considering how our runes work, waiting for 30 seconds on a much needed blood boil while trying to tank 6 mobs becomes quite an annoyance.
    Last edited by mmoc2e399f4f83; 2010-12-12 at 05:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Consider the following:

Paladin, 35k health remaining; gets hit for 40k damage but mitigates 10k. He lives.
    DK, 35k health remaining; gets hit for 40k damage but will heal for 10k on his next GCD. He dies anyway.
    If this were the exact same scenario, the DK tank should have already used Rune Tap and Death Strike to heal himself above 35k before the blow hit him, making the 40k hit non-lethal. Also, if your group is doing things right, your healer should have plenty of time to top you off before a 40k blow kills you. Damage is far less spiky these days.

Why are you assuming block IS up? Paladins and Warriors aren't going to to unhittable. You do realize that if "all defensive masteries are always up," then Death Knights would usually take less damage, right?

Besides, Will of the Necropolis would have proced, giving a free Rune Tap and reducing all incoming damage by 25% for 8 seconds.
    Last edited by Foibles; 2010-12-12 at 07:16 PM.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

I did notice some of this, but it's far more apparent at an earlier gear level. My level 85 DK tank has a mere 20k armor, even with a 329 iLvl, and that reduces damage by 20% less than my 29k armored warrior tank who is still level 81

As a result, I've watched massive incoming damage that requires me to stay on my toes with Rune Tap and Death Strike. I keep most of my frost and unholy runes up for Death Strike at those very moments. The self-healing makes a huge difference. Still, I have to say from personal experience between my tanks that DKs are taking more physical damage overall (nothing beats anti-magic shell!).

Does this make us undesirable? No, but it does mean that healers will need to realize this and be ready with EFFICIENT large heals in the initial stages of a pull or boss fight.