Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    The world disagree with you.

Seriously. If you call yourself fanboi "finish" Oblivion. Do 120 quests and explore every dungeon you can find. Then come speak.

I got probably 800 hours on Morrowind and 400 on Oblivion. You are correct about bugs, especially in Morrowind. Oblivion have it's flaws to. The UI for one, the lack of elevation for another. Nothing is perfect, Bethesda is closer than anyone.

I understand though. TES is nothing for you clothie. It's more of a paladin game where you are a warrior with the same arsenal of spells as a mage including healing.

You seem to dislike TES strongly, but fail to reason why. Listing game mechanics is not reasoning. And what are you comparing with, Daggerfall?
    Of course the game have changed heavily. It's like comparing Wolfenstein 3D and Crysis.
    Dude. You keep saying I dislike TES. I don't. I love TES, but I hate Oblivion. In fact, if Oblivion could be retconned, it would be downright awesome.

I finished Oblivion, including all quests (grinding my teeth frequently thanks to the "oops, were you doing something?" crashes). I even did Shivering Isles, which was marginally better than the main game. By the way, a pure clothie mage can wreak a lot more havoc than the plate-wearing battlemage if built right. Or broken right, I should say. I played both, and at some point the difference becomes nonexistent.

I'm not going to argue that the tech changed, though it did take a massive step backwards. Your comparison of Wolfenstein 3D and Crysis is not terribly valid, seeing as how you could do MORE things in Crysis than you could in Wolfenstein. If I could fly in every game before Oblivion, why take it away? Just an example, mind you.

And whereas the tech changes I could live with, I can't quite live with the changes in the story. Sure, it's passable. But where playing pre-Oblivion TES was like reading a good book, Oblivion barely passed for the checkout-line paperback.
    "The Patient? Well... maybe... the mental kind..."

And and... erm, Oblivion is like Morrowind's twin brother.
    No. Just no. And I'm not going to argue about it. If you believe that, then sure, from where you're sitting, TES is alive and well.

Also, if something is dead now, it doesn't mean that it wasn't great before it died. I don't know how much more clear I can make it, but I loved TES series pre-Oblivion, and Oblivion and Fallout 3 convinced me that Bethsoft is no longer capable of making good games. I expect them to make a right mess out of the fifth installment, unless something changes in a BIG way before 11/11/11.

I guess we'll see.
    "The Patient? Well... maybe... the mental kind..."

Quote Originally Posted by Olgierd View Post
    And whereas the tech changes I could live with, I can't quite live with the changes in the story. Sure, it's passable. But where playing pre-Oblivion TES was like reading a good book, Oblivion barely passed for the checkout-line paperback.
    Well if you want a book, buy a book. This is an entirely new medium that needs to portray itself differently. I never played Morrowind or Daggerfall, because the graphics are too hard to readjust to (I've tried Morrowind, and while most everything else seems like a pleasant change of pace it cannot be looked at in this day and age) but I will be the first to admit that Oblivion had flaws, tons of them. So how am I looking at this differently than you? I loved Oblivion because it was a great game, perhaps it treats you like a simpleton but that doesn't make it evil. So instead of saying "LOLZ Bethesda is de crapz now" I've been pointing out the flaws of Oblivion and suggesting my own solutions to them.

Why don't you try the same? Or is this "Leave It to Beaver" syndrome. The past is not as good as you make it out to be, not by a long shot.
    Last edited by Faerillis; 2010-12-14 at 10:57 PM.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

Morrowind is one of my favorite games, with baldur's gate 1&2, vampire bloodlines the masquerade, portal and others, whereas oblivion is correct.

Morrowind was just so strange and beautiful ! (yep, beautiful, even now, with a few addons and the Mge program !)

but that's just my humble opinion
    Last edited by Mando; 2010-12-15 at 03:42 PM.

Finally. But still a year before it comes out, damn it

Man I can't wait for this game! >.<

The trailer was kind of lame though...I hate trailers that have 0 in game footage

Deleted
    Awesome! Cant wait :P

Deleted
    I looooooved Morrowind, got bored of Oblivion, but still cant wait to try out new one hope we dont wait too long for it.

I loved Oblivion. I'm definitely happy to see a sequel.
    I just hope that it isn't as buggy as Oblivion.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olgierd View Post
    TES is dead. All talent leaked out of Bethsoft drop by drop, they are no longer capable of making good games.

New Vegas was the proof. Yes, I know, it's a buggy mess, but it still plays and tells a better story than Fallout 3 by a mile. Because a company with actual talent made it.

It doesn't matter if they drop Gamebryo or not (though if they don't, that's the end right there). Unless they hire someone else to write the story, the dialog and the quests, it'll be another bland bowl of game gruel like Oblivion and F3.
    Your opinion, Oblivion was the GOTY. Just sayin', and besides, the OMODs? Yea, best mods EVER for any kind of game, seriously, Nehrim was a TOTALLY NEW GAME, it didn't even happen in Cyrodiil, no other game had that much awesomeness. Seriously, kids playing TES in Consoles are crazy, the game's nowhere as awesome as in the PC.

And that is why games use mods. Seriously, Oblivion with the Unnoficial patch, QTP3, Natural Enviroments, Better Cities (Included a "More NPCs in cities mod" and then quest mods like Kvatch Returned or other mods, Oblivion is 100% better. Then get Nehrim, and bam! Only problem is that if you suck at english and/or german, you're screwed (For Nehrim).

So TL;DR: Bethesda games are 100% better because of mods, but hey, that's why I love em Compare them to other RPGs (Except Dragon Age, that also has a lot of content and mods :P), you finish it and love it, and then what? That's the difference with those sagas (Dragon Age, Oblivion) they have a lot of play time apart from the campaign.

Got a great example! Fable, it's fucking awesome, but after you've done it twice, maybe three times, then you just say "Fuck it" and you're done. If that game had the modding community TES has, it'd be 100% better.

Not even close to as cheap as Cata feel. Someone should be shot for accepting a immensely unbalanced, incomplete, bugged and easymode expansion pack that is beaten the crap out of before 6 real time days have passed.
    Shit man, so Sinestra's dead? Man, I bet you are one of the guys in Paragon if it happened, I guess you have nothing left to do.

/sarcasm

No, really, they are not even HALFWAY DONE through god damn heroic mode. And it's been... 20 days! In Wrath it took a LOT less. I hate it when people say bullcrap like that without facts. If this was a POS easy x-pac, then what about Wrath?

And before you say Top 10 guilds aren't on a lot now, let me remind you they try hard, and then when the bosses are ON FARM they don't have to try 24/7.
    Last edited by JohnnyTKF; 2010-12-27 at 07:20 AM.

And and... erm, Oblivion is like Morrowind's twin brother..
    yes... they're twins.... same parents vastly different personalities and one took better care of it's looks and the other worked on it's personality.

In one game you could summon legions of minions and sack a town. Why? cause it was THERE!
    In the other you had whoever would follow you (like one guy and any quest related guys that you didn't want to finish helping) a compelled guy and a minion at most. No more than about 9-12 people unless you're on pc in which case you could get more through various means (TES = made for PC not xbox/playstation).

the differences between the two start to look like the differences between fable and morrowind, especially if you look into the story and combat.