Real Life Class "mechanics"

Ok, so here is an interesting idea I have when playing various games and I hope you find it interesting.

So say wow was 'real' and you were say, a Mage trying to explain to another class how your mechanics/abilities work, the one I have in mind is Hotstreak. Or a hunter would know when it is time to use Killshot.

I hope you kinda get the idea of my post, and maybe you could post you own mechanics and try to 'explain' them, and try to explain others.

So basically describe your abilities like youre on an RP server?
    -
    Charge: "I ran into the battle with my blade drawn."
    Rend: "I slice deep into my opponents flesh causing them to bleed heavily."
    Heroic Strike: "With my anger at it's highest I unleash a heavy blow."
    Mortal Stike: "I struck with such ferocity the wounds would not easily heal."
    Execute: "With the enemy weakened I saw the perfect opening deliver a killing blow."
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hot Streak, a helpful lecture by Professor Magey T. Magicus

/removes pipe and tobacco pouch and begins to puff thoughtfully

The primary obstacle to creating magically-generated flame is concentrating enough arcane energy into one spatial region to overcome the low combustibility of the mostly inert atmosphere of Azeroth. On its own, the element of Air is highly combustible, but in everyday life it mingles with Water vapor and Earth dust to create a neutral substance highly resistant to alchemical or magical conversion to the element of Fire.

Hence, generating fire requires a period of time to draw sufficient arcane energy from passing ley-conduits to overcome the high ignition point of largely-inert atmosphere. This is referred to, in layman's terms, as "casting time". A brief, poorly-controlled burst can singe foes, but to truly devastate them with, say, a Pyroblast requires sometimes untenable seconds to finish gathering enough energy.

Surrounding temperatures have a strong effect on the atmosphere's combustibility and, hence, the time needed to reach ignition point. Usually the intense heat released by a Fireball or similar spell will dissipate rapidly, having little lasting effect on the target's ambient temperature. However, a sufficiently intense burst of flame can bring the ambient temperature up by enough margin, and for long enough seconds, to cause a relevant change in combustibility.

The warps and ripples in typical ley energies used for arcane manipulation can cause significant enough spikes in released energy, called "critting" in the vulgar slang the younger mages seem fond of. Now, due to the nature of Target-Concentrated Energy Release (a concept we should all be quite familiar with from the lecture on Alturian and Ur's third fundamental treatise), it is the ambient temperature around the target, not us as the caster, that matters.

A relevant phenomenon that should help put this information into practical perspective is the so-called "Hot Streak", wherein repeated bursts of high-potency fire magic can cause a sudden and dramatic drop in the energy required to reach full ignition and hence, the perceived "cast time" of even major effects (eg, Pyroblast). It should now be apparent that this effect is due to the rapid and lasting spike in target spatial region ambient temperature.

That concludes today's lecture. Remember, your in-depth report on the kinetic factors contributing to the Shatter effect is due Tuesday and we'll have a midterm covering both Frost and Fire specializations before dismissing for Noblegarden Break.

/puffs pipe

Quote Originally Posted by lovestar View Post
    hot streak, a helpful lecture by professor magey t. Magicus

the primary obstacle to creating magically-generated flame is concentrating enough arcane energy into one spatial region to overcome the low combustibility of the mostly inert atmosphere of azeroth. On its own, the element of air is highly combustible, but in everyday life it mingles with water vapor and earth dust to create a neutral substance highly resistant to alchemical or magical conversion to the element of fire.

Hence, generating fire requires a period of time to draw sufficient arcane energy from passing ley-conduits to overcome the high ignition point of largely-inert atmosphere. This is referred to, in layman's terms, as "casting time". A brief, poorly-controlled burst can singe foes, but to truly devastate them with, say, a pyroblast requires sometimes untenable seconds to finish gathering enough energy.

Surrounding temperatures have a strong effect on the atmosphere's combustibility and, hence, the time needed to reach ignition point. Usually the intense heat released by a fireball or similar spell will dissipate rapidly, having little lasting effect on the target's ambient temperature. However, a sufficiently intense burst of flame can bring the ambient temperature up by enough margin, and for long enough seconds, to cause a relevant change in combustibility.

The warps and ripples in typical ley energies used for arcane manipulation can cause significant enough spikes in released energy, called "critting" in the vulgar slang the younger mages seem fond of. Now, due to the nature of target-concentrated energy release (a concept we should all be quite familiar with from the lecture on alturian and ur's third fundamental treatise), it is the ambient temperature around the target, not us as the caster, that matters.

A relevant phenomenon that should help put this information into practical perspective is the so-called "hot streak", wherein repeated bursts of high-potency fire magic can cause a sudden and dramatic drop in the energy required to reach full ignition and hence, the perceived "cast time" of even major effects (eg, pyroblast). It should now be apparent that this effect is due to the rapid and lasting spike in target spatial region ambient temperature.

That concludes today's lecture. Remember, your in-depth report on the kinetic factors contributing to the shatter effect is due tuesday and we'll have a midterm covering both frost and fire specializations before dismissing for noblegarden break.

/puffs pipe
    i love you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    Hot Streak, a helpful lecture by Professor Magey T. Magicus

The primary obstacle to creating magically-generated flame is concentrating enough arcane energy into one spatial region to overcome the low combustibility of the mostly inert atmosphere of Azeroth. On its own, the element of Air is highly combustible, but in everyday life it mingles with Water vapor and Earth dust to create a neutral substance highly resistant to alchemical or magical conversion to the element of Fire.

Hence, generating fire requires a period of time to draw sufficient arcane energy from passing ley-conduits to overcome the high ignition point of largely-inert atmosphere. This is referred to, in layman's terms, as "casting time". A brief, poorly-controlled burst can singe foes, but to truly devastate them with, say, a Pyroblast requires sometimes untenable seconds to finish gathering enough energy.

Surrounding temperatures have a strong effect on the atmosphere's combustibility and, hence, the time needed to reach ignition point. Usually the intense heat released by a Fireball or similar spell will dissipate rapidly, having little lasting effect on the target's ambient temperature. However, a sufficiently intense burst of flame can bring the ambient temperature up by enough margin, and for long enough seconds, to cause a relevant change in combustibility.

The warps and ripples in typical ley energies used for arcane manipulation can cause significant enough spikes in released energy, called "critting" in the vulgar slang the younger mages seem fond of. Now, due to the nature of Target-Concentrated Energy Release (a concept we should all be quite familiar with from the lecture on Alturian and Ur's third fundamental treatise), it is the ambient temperature around the target, not us as the caster, that matters.

A relevant phenomenon that should help put this information into practical perspective is the so-called "Hot Streak", wherein repeated bursts of high-potency fire magic can cause a sudden and dramatic drop in the energy required to reach full ignition and hence, the perceived "cast time" of even major effects (eg, Pyroblast). It should now be apparent that this effect is due to the rapid and lasting spike in target spatial region ambient temperature.

That concludes today's lecture. Remember, your in-depth report on the kinetic factors contributing to the Shatter effect is due Tuesday and we'll have a midterm covering both Frost and Fire specializations before dismissing for Noblegarden Break.

/puffs pipe
    I want to Cool story bro you, But this post was way to epic. You sir win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.