Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Enhancement Using Healing Rain in Raids

Hello, Everyone. I just completed Argaloth in Baradin Hold for the first time today on my item level 340 Enhancement shaman. We were having trouble keeping healers' mana up, so I began to use Healing Rain combined with Healing Stream Totem to help out a bit.
    It turns out I pulled literally half of my group's healer's heals per second using just Healing Rain with Maelstrom Weapons 5 stacks and Healing Stream Totem, and we managed to down the boss with ease. What are your thoughts, and do you think this will be a viable technique in harder raids (i.e. Blackwing Descent)?

P.S. I apologize if this is in the wrong section of the forums, I just started using them.

I did the exact same thing and the healer really noticed the difference. We didn't really struggle with the kill having our healers on half mana at the end. I did manage to get 14% of overall heals though.

I think when healers are struggling with mana on AoE fights it could be very useful.

It's a great idea. It is a little mana heavy, but anything that helps get the boss down.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just dont abuse it or it will get nerfed to the ground.
    If you are pulling 1-2k hps, thats fine, if you are pulling 4-6k hps, thats broken.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    Just dont abuse it or it will get nerfed to the ground.
    If you are pulling 1-2k hps, thats fine, if you are pulling 4-6k hps, thats broken.
    Not really. It can have a 100% uptime, so as long as it's ticking for around 2k on 2+ targets you would get more hps than what you think of as op.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    It's a great idea. It is a little mana heavy, but anything that helps get the boss down.
    It's not mana heavy. A 5 stack of MW makes it a free instant spell at the cost of some dps due to less/no LBs.

If it becomes too good, they'll probably remove HR out of the MW talent.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

This is how things for enh SHOULD be...at the cost of some DPS they SHOULD have the option to support adequately enough that it makes a difference

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it doesnt affect pvp on a significant way, i dont think they nerf it
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

I think this is EXACTLY what good hybrid players should do - and this is where the true hybrid tax comes in - a DPS player loses DPS from the LB he doesn't cast, but instead makes the whole raid easier on his healers. I'd much rather have this player in my raid than the one who tunnels the boss and worries about max dps, but then we wipe at 50% because healers can't keep up. It works so well in Baradin Hold because all the players are grouped up close together (5 and 5 on 10 man) making Healing Rain the perfect choice of spell.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was actually pulling approximately 3.5k hps according to Recount, and managed about 11.5k dps. I was able to stack 5 Maelstrom before the 10 second cd was up twice, so I had it with a 100% uptime, and still managed some LBs here and there.

I think it'll be nerfed tbh. It just seems to be too good for fights like Magmaw or the burn phase on Cho'gall where you have a consistent stacking.

OMG! Not a hybrid fullfilling their role as a hybrid, we can't have that! Healing at the COST of dps is a fair trade off.

The healing is decent but it does come at a penalty of doing less damage. Having it proc earthliving as enhancement may make it a little too good but there is no reason why it should not be on the maelstrom weapon list. If anything, don't let enhancement use earthliving or make it half off mana instead of fully free.

Let hybrids be hybrids

Our Enh does it too. Very usufull. I mean why not ? I just makes sense and Healing rain is so OP. On Azgaloth our SP was on dispelling duty while our 2 other healers just focused on pure healing That's also a good use of hybrid classes.

I use it quite a bit when my guild does heroics.