Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Had a mage from my guild need on a wand because he claimed AMG ITS BETTER THAN MINE. I explained he didnt need spirit yet he still wouldn't give it to me.........

There's a thread similar to this where a DPS is complaining against hybrids. I'm a healer too, I sympathize. But it's the nature of pugs. Loot is not owed to anybody. If you want to play with people that will care about your gear progression, then group with guildies or friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sc2071 View Post
    it's the nature of pugs.
    100% true.

There's no reason to whine about assholes taking gear that is more useful for your character when you have the ability to eliminate said assholes from the equation.

Use. Your. Guild.

Don't have one? Get one.

Don't want one? That's your choice, and you shouldn't be crying about your decision. Maybe an MMO isn't your type of game.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Meh, I've seen elemental shamans and balance druids asking for DPS cloth (thankfully they can't roll need on it). I wonder if they realize they lose 5% intellect by doing so (probably not).

But yeah, the only time I ever roll need on a piece of spirit gear is if A) the healer has already greeded it and B) it's a major upgrade even with the poor itemization. Otherwise that spirit is wasted.

Remember that even though the spirit is wasted, the intellect is not. Intellect for mages/warlocks is typically quite a bit more valuable than secondary stats like crit, haste, or mastery. If the value of the increased intellect overwrites the loss of secondary stats the piece is going to be an upgrade (and this doesn't take a whole lot of extra intellect to achieve). Even without reforging a higher level blue with spirit can increase damage more than a lower level green itemized for DPS.

Granted many are doing it because they either still think spirit is useful or are just greedy. But it's not always wasted on them. I'd just never take it over a healer simply because the healer is going to get *more* benefit than I am and I already know I'll be getting good raiding gear at 85 =).

No fun is had when the shaman steals the belt with agility/stam or when the tank steals the gun with agil/stam, even though there is a gun for tanks with str/stam on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    An upgrade is an upgrade, even if it's not budgeted right for dps. Is it bad that they need on it and not let a healer grab it? Yes it is. However, the item they grabbed that has spirit may be a bigger upgrade for them than people realize.
    You sound like a lootwhore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    There is no such thing as healers rolling on DPS gear. Just because it doesn't have spirit on it doesn't make it solely for casters. This is illogical and selfish reasoning.

Go ahead and take haste/crit, mastery/crit, haste/mastery. But please shut up about mana problems if you do.

EDIT: Not specificly directed to you, but to all healers who whine about mana.