Thread: Gemming as holy

Deleted

Gemming as holy

Hi first time poster
    Im gonner start healing soon and was wondering how to gem as holy now. Know some of my guild mates gem spirite, but do int still count holy?

Red (Int/Spirit)
    Yellow (Int/Haste)
    Blue (Spirit)

It depends a lot on the socket bonuses. For the most part we are still just pure int. The only socket bonuses worth gemming for are +spirit and +int. Personally I feel the throughput needed in the raids currently makes spirit gemming almost not viable.

Tandoor of Something Novel

man allways the same reply's i get from peopple with the iq of a appel.

Int Int Int. The only time you gem anything else (and even then just a Int/Spirit/Haste hybrid gem) is if the socket bonus is more Int.

Deleted
    Paladin in my guild with full heroic gear seem not to go oom in raids, so i suggest going for pure intelect once you get the gear. In meanwhile you can consider spirit aswell and don't forget about haste and mastery.

Deleted
    thx alot for fast response

Quote Originally Posted by s8mpurye View Post
    It depends a lot on the socket bonuses. For the most part we are still just pure int. The only socket bonuses worth gemming for are +spirit and +int. Personally I feel the throughput needed in the raids currently makes spirit gemming almost not viable.
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pretty much any spirit you find on gear (which is just about all holy pieces with exception to a few) is more than enough. I haven't gemmed any spirit in my gear and I'm sitting at around 3k mp5 in heroics and always find I have plenty of mana spare at the end.
    Intel's value extends far beyond just extra mana - its extra SP, mana, regen and crit. I have roughly 92k mana self buffed and even working on some of the harder heroic achievements, if we fail its rarely ever because of lack of mana.

Because int = more spellpower and more mana (which in turn is longevity).
    More spellpower means you have to cast fewer heals and the ones you do, impact for more and again more longevity.

Im going for Int. And then Inc/Crit gem for my meta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistrblank View Post
    Because int = more spellpower and more mana (which in turn is longevity).
    More spellpower means you have to cast fewer heals and the ones you do, impact for more and again more longevity.
    Having a larger mana pool does not equal longevity. All the mana regen mechanics based off your maximum mana pool size have been gutted. Obvious examples are replenishment and divine plea. So all your really doing by inflating your mana pool is giving you an extra X amount of mana to spend at the start of the fight. Once you've used it up, its gone and it isn't going to give you any further benefit.

For holy paladins the main ways to regen mana now are via spirit and Seal of Insight.

I read somewhere that your in combat regen is 5% of your base mana plus 1/2 your spirit due to meditation. So if you want longevity, I recommend more spirit.

As for me, I have gone for INT in red sockets, pure spirit in blue sockets and pure haste in red sockets because having my Holy lights at 1.91 seconds hurts. >.<

Of course you need to tailor your gemming to your requirements. If you find yourself going oom alot, get spirit or spirit hybrids. If not, go for INT and haste.

People who say int now are still holding on to wrath, think about gemming for spirit and int, and reforging mastery to spirit, haste, or crit (in that order, except for crit/haste: reforge into these as you see fit after spirit, but I suggest a good mix of both) You can never have enough mana regen. From what I've seen and what I've been told, this is the way to go until you start getting those epic pieces with a ton of spirit on them.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    I read somewhere that your in combat regen is 5% of your base mana plus 1/2 your spirit due to meditation. So if you want longevity, I recommend more spirit.
    The equation for combat regen is mp5= (0.001+Spirit*(Int^1/2)*0.033445)*5 Int directly effects the amount of mp5 we get from spirit. If we were to keep judgement on cd that alone is more mp5 than we get from gear until we are fully raid geared regardless of your gemming.

Tandoor of Something Novel

man allways the same reply's i get from peopple with the iq of a appel.

Deleted
    atm i'm gemming like this:
    Red : full int
    Blue: int + spirit
    Yellow: int + mastery or int + haste

and i'm having no mana issues and my throughput is at a good level