Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know, that like showing up drunk at a funeral in real life and insulting everyone who knew the person who died, sadly, let all those Alliance players who participated in wrecking that funeral rot in hell, even if I don't believe in it.
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

Deleted
    Its like having a funeral on Call of Duty modern warfare 2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    To all the Serenity Now flamers, how retarted do you have to be to organise an in-game funeral?
    Retarded* Ironic imo

OT, SN was in very bad taste doing that just very disrespectful

Quote Originally Posted by trollusohard View Post
    Its like having a funeral on Call of Duty modern warfare 2
    Except not since this is an mmoRPG, where role playing shouldn't be considered blasphemous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodegrance View Post
    Whether people want to admit it or not..what they did was against Blizzards rules and could have had action against their accounts PVP server or not.

This right from Blizzards own site under Harassment Policies..

Zone/Area Disruption
    This category includes language and/or actions intended to disturb groups of players or areas of the world, such as:

* Disruption of player sponsored events or gatherings
    * Excessive use of in-game sounds or visuals
    * Excessively casting spells with noticeable effects in crowded areas
    * Impeding or blocking access to an NPC, doodad, doorway, or any other area of the world that a player would normally be able to access

Note bolded and underlined areas.
    This is right from Blizzards own PvP realm policy.

This category covers PvP combat between members of the Horde and the Alliance.

The Ongoing Harassment policy does not apply on the PvP server when there is a PvP resolution available. Characters have the ability to deal with their conflicts through combat and Game Masters will only involve themselves in extreme circumstances.
    Actions that would typically be considered "dishonorable actions" are considered PvP mechanics and are not considered harassment.
    Policies governing general decency are still in effect. Actions such as inappropriate names, obscene language, and spamming, will still be addressed according to our current policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Addamus View Post
    You realize that video is 4 years old, right? But with that being said, I'm one of the people that got rather upset about that. It may have been in-game and on a PvP server, but that doesn't excuse people wrecking a memorial for someone. It was rude and very disrespectful to the guild members, the friends, the family, and the deceased.

Just my two cents though.
    Sure, just a game and everything, but I'd personally put it on the same level as those idiots boycotting military funerals. Especially since this is a game "knowing" someone online, this gathering would be the only real way to do something for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by azolan View Post
    Hmm, I can't open the video. Is it the one where they have a funeral in Winterspring and some guild sneaks up and kills them all?

If that's the one that you're refering to, imo it's a pretty entertaining video and it made me laugh. I hope that the funeral is held for someone who is leaving the game tho. I would feel bad if he had died in real life (which I doubt). But I don't have any RP experience at all so I'm not quite sure for which occasions people hold a funeral like this.
    I cant remember exactly what happened since its more than 4 years ago. But someone did actually die en real life. a teenage girl if im not mistaken...

I got mixed feelings about it .. I think its cute and cool that people do something like this, even ingame.. that they did it on a pvp and knew 100% someone would ruin it is a bit stupid... Altho it is really disrespectfull for the girl to ruin it. I really hope the people who ruined it learned something after

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    For people who think its funny do you find it funny to piss on a war memorial?
    Sure, I piss on war memorials all the time - and laugh my ass off while doing it.

Just to save you time: I also burn US flags - and any cats I find in the neighborhood - laughing the entire time.

Of course, thats only when I'm not sexually molesting neighborhood children and slashing the tires of cars in handicapped parking spots.

Deleted
    This is world pvp at its finest. With that being said, I think it was a little harsh for them to ruin it, and yet I can't stop smiling at the success of the ambush. They took a risk doing it in a PvP-zone (on a pvp server), and therefor they knew that the chances for this to happend (or for any lonely rogue scrub to ambush the VIP) would be there.

There are a lot of ways to contribute to a persons life, and to mourn about the loss, so choosing this method -on a pvp server- was risky, and it ended up being worst case scenario. That's what happens, and there's always some people who gets a thrill for doing so, sadly.

Deleted
    PvP is PvP, regardless of anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to have to say it was ok. If they didn't want to be bothered there were steps that could have been taken to prevent it. We live in a country that prides itself in the freedom to do what we want.

With that said, was is horribly distasteful? Absolutely. And much like those Westboro people, if I knew anyone who did it in real life I'd kick their ass.
    Last edited by Sycobob; 2010-12-12 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Retarded sentence structure

To be frank, no one would know about this now if there wasn't a gankfest and it would of been forgotten within a week of it happening. But here we are 4 years later and we are still talking about it, thats a good memorial if you ask me.

If i were the deceased i'd be chuckling hard at the events

Quote Originally Posted by Catratbat View Post
    If i were the deceased i'd be chuckling hard at the events
    That's easy to say when you're alive and kickin' right?

This movie is blocked in my country for obvious reasons. I saw this back in Classic. The funeral crashers knew the reason of this event. That tells me all I need to know about that person in real life, doesn't matter if it's a game, on a PvP server or whatnot. The person that died was pretty much real. The funeral was held in Winterspring because that was her favourite place at that time. A little unfortunate that they were located on a PvP server.

It's a little sad that people find this entertaining and funny. But hey, internet makes people disrespectful.
    Last edited by Solstark; 2010-12-12 at 05:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Robot arms apartment building, New New York
    Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    To all the Serenity Now flamers, how retarted do you have to be to organise an in-game funeral?
    This pretty much sums up my exact thoughts whilst watching that video.

Those guys were begging for a good ganking