Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    ^^ you actually bottom out in dps around 84, and then it starts going up once you hit 85 and start to get your 333+ gear.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    depending on the class and spec, people should do about 7-15k on trash and 12k+ on bosses.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd say 11k+ depending on the class with appropriate gear. However, there are a few fights where that will drop, because of dots ticking on a boss, movement, etc. Just situational tbh. I can do 15k on some fights and 9k on others, just because of movement, and dots ticking when I'm not on the boss because I'm moving out of something, etc.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted
    In heriocs my guild pulls around 12-14k before bosses drop, this varies alot between bosses as some require alot of swapping and we end up around 8-9k.

Today in BWD I (warlock, Emy, Trollbane) pulled 18k on bosses. Raidbosses last longer and fully buffed damage rises alot apparantly.

Clearly they should pull more, but then again, I'm running around in almost full 246 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzykizzy View Post
    posting on this thread causes an epeen bonus +10
    Exactly my point! XD

item level is for the most part a myth, I'm wearing 4 piece sanctified (1 heroic) and easily doing 10k at 85

why? i'm expertise capped and have adequate hit rating...... the basic rules still apply (for melee anyway)

I've just been keeping high ilvl gear in my bags so i can queue for stuff

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerOnly View Post
    He's exaggerating. clearly. I'd bet on one of the following: A) He hit 10k on a trashpack once, and like many Wrath players, thinks that means he does 10k dps, or B) He's still 80, and assumes that if he's doing 4k now, he'll be doing LOLTWICETHATAT85.

We have a paladin tank in the guild that jumps up to 10k _occasionally_ on a trash pack, if the dps burns it down in 3 seconds because it's one of those weaker trash packs. But it's only because he hammered them once and then they died, which isn't dps, nor is it relevant. This particular tank is pretty good, and he's usually at around 5-6k on a fight where his vengeance stacks up good.

Remember that some people feel a need to exaggerate their dps. You don't remember all the people on this board within the last year, claiming to be doing more DPS than the current record holders, who when asked to prove it just said "LOL IF YOU CAN'T DO THAT MUCH YOU'RE SUPER BAD" Don't take them seriously, and don't use them as a gauge of your performance.
    Don't be so sure. The warrior tank in my guild averages 12k+ for a normal instance (and from what i've heard it doesn't change in heroic). The DPS is less than half that (including myself @ about 5.7/5.8).

Upon saying that, he has more free time than us and has well over 333 and I've only got 321. I'm pretty sure I'm not hit capped and generally I'm not interested in playing my level 85 atm (I'm over mage and I'm leveling my undead hunter which is unfortunately only 72 atm).

I'm still unsure how he does it. He is very good at maximising his dps but it's a bit insane. *jealous*

Quote Originally Posted by syntaera View Post
    I've been itching to say this for a while now...

How much DPS should you be doing, starting out in Cataclysm endgame?

Isn't it obvious?? It's over 9000 !!!!!!
    You win the intarwebs.

In other news -- I'm not heroic-geared yet, but I'm consistently putting out 7k-8k damage on bosses. Given the rate at which my damage has been improving as I gained gear, I'll be doing the requisite 9k by the time I meet the ilvl constraints.

Thus, I wouldn't want to do heroics with any DPS doing less than 9k. :-)

I don't know what server you people are on but I never see anyone doing 11k to 15k dps!
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

On a tank'n'spank fight in a heroic with a good tank (so I don't get aggro) I do around 15-18k with avg ilvl 346. So if random people in hcs have around 330-340 ilvl I guess they should be doing no less than 10k atleast.

I do around 13.5k-16k depending on the fight (Fire mage)

Deleted
    Trash 7-10k
    Bosses 9-13k depending on how much you need to move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BukkaKid View Post
    Heroic bosses are tough to gauge, average DPS falls mainly to the class, and to a lesser extent the player.

Melee classes tend to not have any responsibilities other than to DPS the boss. They're the ones *mostly* boasting anything 13k+, anything higher is due to a gimmick fight. Ranged on the other hand are the ones in charge of CC'ing adds or killing adds, hence less DPS on the boss. Now this isn't always the case, but it holds true for the majority of the Heroic instances.

So anyone bragging about 13k+ DPS, good for you. You had no responsibility other than mashing your buttons mindlessly during a gimmick encounter. Playing an SV Hunter I can average about 11k, maybe 12k, on a Heroic boss fight, depending on class makeup and buffs. Of course if adds have to be managed or CC'd, it can plummet down to below 10k.
    Are you serious? We have to kill adds as much as you have to, and we have to interrupt as well, try to sound less ignorant when making a statement alright?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in ilvl 338 and I pull 14k on tank n spank, 9-11k on movement intensive or mechanic heavy. I peaked 15k on the TB boss, but leveled out to 14k again. Seems like 14k is my limit right now. Survival is pretty pimpin though
    Last edited by Kurdiern; 2010-12-17 at 10:16 AM.

Deleted
    im healing atm (340 gear atm) but when i go dps i tend to be around 11-12k as elemental shaman .. and when ever my guild group is lacking a dps and we have to take a random .. there average dps is around 5k dps -.- to many people need to learn how to play there class ....

Deleted
    I love how everyone is going "Well, I do 20k dps, so I guess 5k is reasonable." Get off your high horse. Either you're lying and you're not actually doing that good dps, or you consider yourself so awesome that it's okay for others to have way less dps than you. How about saying "I do 14k dps, so anything below 12k should be considered bad"?

Personally I'm overjoyed if I am in a PUG and I see anybody doing 10K.

No joke, I had a pug (random) Grim Batol last night where 3/4 DPS were doing 3.5K single target. At 85. I don't understand how people can be that terrible.

Entry level heroics (ilvl 329) I think anything above 7.5K single target is good. Above 10K is great. Some classes (warlocks/dk/hunter) are stronger then others especially in AoE situations.

Quote Originally Posted by BukkaKid View Post
    Heroic bosses are tough to gauge, average DPS falls mainly to the class, and to a lesser extent the player.

Melee classes tend to not have any responsibilities other than to DPS the boss. They're the ones *mostly* boasting anything 13k+, anything higher is due to a gimmick fight. Ranged on the other hand are the ones in charge of CC'ing adds or killing adds, hence less DPS on the boss. Now this isn't always the case, but it holds true for the majority of the Heroic instances.

So anyone bragging about 13k+ DPS, good for you. You had no responsibility other than mashing your buttons mindlessly during a gimmick encounter. Playing an SV Hunter I can average about 11k, maybe 12k, on a Heroic boss fight, depending on class makeup and buffs. Of course if adds have to be managed or CC'd, it can plummet down to below 10k.

You're cute. I can pull 11k-13k easily while sleeping one add and rooting another on beauty as feral. Or rooting on ascendent lord in BRC. In fact, on ANY boss that requires add control I'm generally having to sleep/ root. Or running out of shatter on Ozruk ('sup, ranged not dealing with it?)

just because your melee suck and do nothing doesn't mean all melee don't help CC while still hitting the meters.

Considering my experience with dps in my groups, I feel like there is a TON of exaggeration in this topic. I don't think anyone is helping by posting their one super awesome fight they had.

As a tank, i've seen very few people over the 11kdps mark, so I would really love to see what people are geared in to hit these 13-16k numbers.

But even with everyone around 9kdps, heroic bosses are stupid easy.

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    As a level 85 tank with greens & blues (330 ilvl) I'm doing 9-12k - I'm not sure why DPS are having such a hard time in dungeons.
    A) Because they don't have Vengence stacking like you do.

B) Because when we have to move we stop doing damage where as you are always facing and attacking the boss.

From what I have seen 10-12k is the average for all classes with some exceptional specs (frost dk, surv hunter) doing more dps on average.

I am relativly pleased to see that for the most part all classes are relatively close together.