Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I only want one voice for every character, but I want it to be BRIAN BLESSED.

hmm where to start.

The oblivion game world seemed a bit small, compared to morrowind. Not sure if that was the true case, or if it was an illusion from the far-seeing graphics and fast travel / mounted travel. I don't think it was. The non-modded map was also extremely annoying. The number of cities / towns / fishing shacks was minuscule compared to morrowind, and it seemed that dragged the content down a lot. Then there's the scaling issue.. there was nothing you COULDN'T do, you were never to weak to beat a certain enemy, to enter a certain dungeon, and worst of all, the loot scaled too. Good luck getting some epicly cool item, you were more likely to beat the game before you started getting items, and if you didn't every creature dropped the same items and there weren't any unique, hard-earned special gear items. Add that to no levitation spell and it seems they took a game that was immersive, made you feel the need to go explore every inch of game space, and the feeling that the game space was really the size of the continent it depicted, and was totally three dimensional and immersive (levitation spell made you able to explore rooms, caverns, outside terrain from every possible angle; without it you could only go where they allowed you, and it sort of deterred from the free roaming feel of the franchise; not to mention few secrets such as under water shrines with epic quest lines, caverns with ledges a mile high etc), and instead... made a sequel that had very little of it. It did draw you in with the main quest, but I didn't like that either. Morrowind offered more factions, and more free style quests - no emergency, you were given the freedom to explore at your own pace. In oblivion the main quest made it feel as if you needed to rush the main quest, but when the main quest was done you were left with a feeling of "why should I keep playing" as all the characters you were bound too basically stopped doing anything, and there were only sporadic quests left to do.

If I had to trade better graphics for as huge a reduction in game content as oblivion did vs morrowind (in reverse order), I would in a heartbeat. Not to mention give us better and MORE true expansion packs, and flush that DLC shit down the toilet pleeeease.

And make sure the music is better, oblivions seemed to degrade.. not as epic (i like that word). Also, believe it or not morrowind had BETTER graphics in certain parts of the game.. principally, the night sky. Stars, moons, planets visible when you looked up were a big disappointment in comparison - I often stared for long periods of time at the sky in morrowind as if it was the real sky, it was that great.
    Last edited by Darthmullet; 2011-04-30 at 04:28 AM.

i didnt like playing as a magic user in oblivion, i had the magic tower dlc and whatever reasonable spell i wanted to create, i never had enough magicka to cast it. other spells you bought from a trainer just wouldnt cut it. as a warrior type the game was much much easier and was a lot more enjoyable. in skyrim i would like to see better leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by ryoukthebloodelf View Post
    still to early
    They've announced a couple times that there will be no multiplayer component.

Deleted
    While I agree with most of those points, some have already been fixed with Fallout: new Vegas, which is technically the same game, only in the future and with guns instead of bows and magic. But I have to admit, what bothers me the most with oblivion and fallout series is that the NPCs are dumb as dirt.

For example, in oblivion you already mentioned the invisibility but in New vegas, when using a silenced weapon and crouching (same as in oblivion) and then killing someone with one shot, the others don't react at all. It feels really awkward:P Like "oops, my friends head just exploded, guess hes just having a bad day" and go on doing their things.

So my biggest hope is that they make it more natural. That you have to get rid of the body or they go alert and try to find out what happened or something. With stealing too.. if you you loot someones store when they're in the back room, shouldn't they be able to put 1 and 1 together, especially if you're the only one there and haven't left when the owner comes back?

Quote Originally Posted by ryoukthebloodelf View Post
    i want references to the new madgod =D
    Do you mean me? :b

To be on topic though, all I'm hoping for is everything they've promised, as well as for them to continue with the daedric shrine quests and runestones. I found all those stones/shrines to be a fun adventure... and yeah, hopefully having the new Sheogorath actually be the hero of Oblivion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want melee combat to be more engaging. There needs to be more than one button, or melee gets pretty boring pretty fast. What would be awesome (but unlikely) would be combos for unique and powerful attacks. Worst case scenario, I just want a bunch of kill animations, almost Assassin's Creed style (yeah I know they have some of those in the trailer, but I need MOAR).

Edit: Ah! What would REALLY be awesome would be counterattacks! I hated the concept of playing a dagger-user in oblivion and blocking a claymore with my 8 inch knife. Dual-wielders should have the ability to counter attacks while people using a shield or 2-handers only have the ability to block.
    Last edited by Rageissues; 2011-05-01 at 03:32 AM.

For the most part I believe that Skyrim should be more or less an improved oblivion. If you ask me, kick up the graphic detail a bit, wider variety of voices, more items, redesign a few things and tweak some stuff, new content, and we're good to go. You people asking for every little detail to be perfect have to understand that what Bethesda is doing here is not exactly a very refined art; they are breaking new ground with Skyrim just as they did with Obilivion, and Morrowind, and Arena and Daggerfall before that. This is why they leave the game so open ended, and why it took them SO LONG to make Oblivion and now Skyrim: There is simply too much to improve on. I think Skyrim will rock our world.

Also to what an earlier poster said: People on the console, I feel sorry for you. You simply could not even begin to experience Oblivion without it being on the PC, and I think that Skyrim will be the same. Looks like I'm going to need a new video card too when it comes out, also =P

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    You people asking for every little detail to be perfect have to understand that what Bethesda is doing here is not exactly a very refined art; they are breaking new ground with Skyrim just as they did with Obilivion, and Morrowind, and Arena and Daggerfall before that. This is why they leave the game so open ended, and why it took them SO LONG to make Oblivion and now Skyrim: There is simply too much to improve on.
    A lot of what they're asking for is or has already been in consideration by the developers, based on UESP's page on the game (seen here if anyone is interested in more info (and believe me, there's a decent amount)). Even based on what they're saying will be in the game, as long as they keep their promises, Skyrim will perform well above and beyond Oblivion.

10+ Year Old Account
    right behind you but dont turn around cause that will only piss me off!

This has been posted in like 40 different threads - Skyrim related and not. It was funny the first time now its getting old, seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was the first time I've seen that. I had a jolly laugh.

Deleted
    If Skyrim is anything like Fallout NV then I will be a happy bunny. I loved Morrowind but found myself getting bored of Oblivion very quickly after I had done the main faction quest lines. The main quest itself was soooo dull that I gave up on it. That said the factions were awesome and I loved joining each one and kicking ass. The game was huge even though it was quite easy to do each quest. Fallout NV is a big game but nowhere near the scale of Oblivion (I think).

Hopefully they will sort out the levelling process because hopping your way to level 20 is just dumb. I also want to see new and improved models for the NPCs because, DAMN, if I have to see one more elf with 5ft hair and widow's peaks I will go mad.