Talking Potential Tol Barad attacker tacts

Since there are a lot of threads about how TB is impossible to win as attackers, I figured a thread about how to break the zerg tactic of defending might be refreshing. My tactics haven't been tested but I'd like to know what you guys think and if possible test them out:

Assume you are the attacker, holding down one base (e.g. Ironclad), while the enemy have the other 2.

* * Start by distracting the enemy by sending a team of 3 to use sieges on the towers.

* * Send a medium sized force (maybe 40% of the raid) to assault Slagworks and the rest of your raid to wipe out Warden's.

* * This will inevitably draw the enemy to zerg Ironclad. How to guard against this? Once you've taken out 30-40% of the defenders at Slagworks & Warden's, immediately leave half of the raid to finish off the defenders, while the other half will rush back to Ironclad and hopefully capture it. There is a 30 seconds window of enemy ressing and about 45 secs of capping to be done, but my times might be off by a bit.

Feel free to add your own tacts to this thread.

I've found that the defenders hardly bother defending the towers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elitany that was all very nice but very hard to organize in a pug.
    Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?
    Sun Tzu

And even if you could organize a pug, you'd still lose, the towers are too easy to attack, it takes way too much time for the attacker to take control of it, on the other hand the defender does not have to cap it, just tag it. Plus with the number restrictions for the area they can just huddle up on one structure and hold it there and if by any chance the attackers kill em off, they can move on to another structure and repeat then win. Tried all sorts of tactics, to split their force, to lure them away, there are just no bonuses for the attackers, face it that place is broken and tactics for a broken place are also... broken.

So real question is now "What is more shitty: wintergrasp or tol barad ?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    So real question is now "What is more shitty: wintergrasp or tol barad ?"

it's quite obvious. wintergrasp was fine nearly all of wotlk apart from faction unbalance which is not the fault of wintergrasp.

tol barad is just stupid in its current form.

Elitany that was all very nice but very hard to organize in a pug.
    This is the main problem. No matter how good your tactic is, the randomly choosen people wont be able to work it out, and they wont listen to the few smart people that would try to lead them.