Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Chaos Orb Prices

I was curious about how much does your server / do you sell crafts with chaos orbs for?

I'm a BS and made the Hardened Elementium Belt for some guy and said 500g for using 2 of my orbs,The rest was his mats and he seemed pretty happy with that amount but I'm not sure how much every one else seems to be selling them for, i was figured around 250g per orb but in the back of my mind though it was a bit much ,although it is the start of the Xpac and every thing seems that way to me :P

250g per orb seems incredibly low this early in the expansion to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    the orbs are BoP.

They'll be going for quite a bit since all the casuals can't actually complete an heroic.

There still pretty rare on my server at the moment only about 15 peeps that I know of doing heroics on horde side, yeah its a slow server, and I saw a guy over to pay 500g per orb for the belt. I Imagine they will stay fairly high until heroics farming becomes more common and a little faster, if you get Heroic GB you can easily be in there for 3 hours if your group isn't very good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Leatherworkers can buy Chaos Orbs for 10 Heavy Savage Leather, so can't really go above what they cost. Basicly just normal crafting fee

Quote Originally Posted by scaredandbaked View Post
    the orbs are BoP.
    Try and actually read the OP before replying next time.

OT: Considering Primordial Saronites were going for roughly 3k or more a piece at the release of ICC (and keep in mind those were BoE), I'd say that 250g is ridiculously low.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Deleted
    If you only charged 500g for 2 orbs there's a good reason he's happy. That belt is going for 19k on the AH on my server and other than the orbs the mats aren't to difficult to come by.

the orbs are BoP.
    Its not selling the orbs on the AH, its paying the crafter for their orb, to make your item.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

They're current 5000g each per orb on my realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Leatherworkers can buy Chaos Orbs for 10 Heavy Savage Leather, so can't really go above what they cost. Basicly just normal crafting fee
    LW can buy Pristine Hide, NOT chaos orbs from the vendor.

About 4-5k on my server

Quote Originally Posted by Barrowwind View Post
    They'll be going for quite a bit since all the bad players can't actually complete an heroic.
    Fixed.

Casuals can complete them quite well, they just don't do allot of HC's in their playtime.

Crafted gear that use 3 orbs go for about 20k bo on our server.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrowwind View Post
    They'll be going for quite a bit since all the casuals can't actually complete an heroic.
    I guess your mind works like this
    Casuals = bad
    Hardcore = good
    You probably dont know what casual means.
    sigh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    Fixed.

Casuals can complete them quite well, they just don't do allot of HC's in their playtime.
    Thank you for fixing that

10+ Year Old Account
    the orbs are BoP.
    This^^

And considering they are used in epic patterns, IF they weren't BoP I would sell mine for at least 2k

10+ Year Old Account
    selling mine for 1k per orb as a blacksmith. I run heroic in a group full of enchanters and jewel crafters, so i get all the orbs, so they are not exactly hard to get for me

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    250g per orb seems incredibly low this early in the expansion to me.
    They are not that hard to obtain and they are somewhat farmable, but even frozen orbs were going for something around 100g when wotlk first came out. 250g is not that much at all, a stack of that new cloth goes for almost that much on my server.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Atm they are probably worth about 4-5k each. Trust me, there are plenty of people trying to gear up that are willing to pay it, don't screw yourself over by someone going 'zomg I refuse to pay more than 200g each'. I have one atm but I'm saving it for myself, I think, for the LW belt. I mean I sold the Frozen Orbs in the first couple weeks of Wotlk for 1,000-1,500 each (and they were boe then) and that is when heroics were faceroll and people had a lot less money then they do now. Given the fact that even in a good group heroics are much more difficult, they are less common and worth quite a bit of money.