Prot and PvP @ 85

So, I'm currently not able to play wow due to exams and as a result haven't been able to play any of cataclysm, but will be returning soon after the new year.

My question to all you 85 warriors, paladins and, to a lesser extent, DK's out there is, how are bg's as tank spec?
    I really want to start playing my warrior as prot in pvp, but I'm unsure how it'll play out. There are very few videos on youtube as of yet so I'm asking you guys for your opinion.

Additionally, do you think a prot warrior and a shockadin could put out enough damage to hold their own in 2v2 arenas?

Thanks

TL;DR - How is prot in pvp @ 85, and could prot warr/holy pally be a decent 2v2 team?

Well I got the crafted blue pvpset now on my warrior and that shield from justicepoints doing prot-pvp for a couple of days.
    Since arena and rated aint out yet I dunno how they will be but in normal bgs its just lol.

WSG and that new wsg-like bg is heaven for me. Nothing rly can kill you, well maby 3-4 ranged classes with excellent timing but the rest is just lol. It'll be good in the start I guess, you can crit rogues for 30k with shieldslam+shockwave. But as ppl get resilience I don't doubt your damage will be so tiny its useless and your only usefullness will be carrying that flag and enoy the shit out of ppl with all your stuns and charges.

I will be trying Protwar+afflock+shaman on tuesday, we'll see how that goes : )

I don't know how prot is going to be except for warriors. For them it will probably be the same as always... just lock a caster down the entire game and make them cry. Prot/shockadin would probably work well because at the moment lots of healers seem to run out of mana pretty quickly. With the warrior locking them down, you force them to burn valuable cooldowns to stay alive, and they run out of mana. For double dps teams, he can just lock down one of their dps while not taking much damage, and you outlast them. Seems viable at the moment.