Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Alchemy Mount: Vial of the Sands.

I have a few questions about this mount. I also would like to QQ about how hard it's going to be to get this mount.
    Mats:
    Recipe: Vial of the sands (only obtainable through archaeology, correct me if I'm wrong... I hope it's wrong)
    Pyrium-Laced crystalline vial (5kg from the vendor)
    Stands of time x8 (3kg EACH from the vendor)
    Truegold x12 (Look up the mats for truegold, then look up the mats FOR the mats for truegold. IT'S INSANE, selling for over 8kg on my server's AH)
    Flask of the Winds x8 (Easily obtainable with herb farming)
    Flask of Titanic Strength x8 (Same as above)
    Deepstone oil x8 (Requires Albino Cave fish and 1 fish makes 1-2 oils so.. very easily obtainable)

So... if you've done the math, it will cost 29kg for the mats from the VENDOR alone. And from what I've read the only way to obtain the sands of time, and the vial are from the vendor in Uldum.
    Why is this mount so damn expensive? And 12 truegold bars is insane.... the mats require.. just UGH.
    I've talked to engineers and they said the engineering mount was really expensive, but when I told them all the mats and the vendor items, they were shocked.
    So what I'm hoping for is that I'm wrong about ...most of this stuff. Maybe the recipe can be obtained some other way? And maybe those mats don't have to be bought from the vendor or at least for a lower price show how? Anyone know anything? Also, has anyone seen anyone with this mount yet?
    I COULD have it right now.. except, at 8kg per Truegold bar... that would be over 100kg all together. >.> I only have 22k.
    I want this mount, BAD! QQ!

Deleted
    Why do you want this now?

All mats will come down in price, just wait till you can afford it

If you want an EPIC mount, pay epic prices. Yes it's overpriced and the mats are insane but if you can't afford it, don't make .... simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone can ride on my BACK! How cool?! It's the only mount like it, I wanted to be one of the firsts to have it. =/

Deleted
    It is going to be 10 times easier to farm the 50k (if we assume that the material costs will be around 20k) needed for the mount - than it is to grind the 525 Archaeology, grind NightElf digsites (o you will) until you get a Tol'vir spawn, hope that the Tol'vir artifact is the Jar, and hope that the Vial is inside the jar.

I made 15k gold in a little over 6 hours at the beginning of cataclysm.
    I've spent over 33 hours grinding Archaeology and I'm no closer to the Vial now than I was last week

Deleted
    It's supposed to be difficult to get, that's the whole point. Getting it is a huge achievement.

Deleted
    There is nothing difficult about farming NightElf necklaces for hours upon hours. It's merely time consuming.

the bars are easy to get... just transmute. theyre 8k because of the cooldown. the materials for them cost <500g.

Just spend some time grinding for the recipe and wait for the economy to chill out. It'll probably be easier to get the bars or their mats after cata has settled in, and if the archae grind is that long maybe by time you can afford the materials you still won't be close to getting the recipe. Does seem quite hard (or time consuming) to get, but it'll feel that much better to get it in my opinion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baggiez View Post
    There is nothing difficult about farming Night Elf necklaces for hours upon hours. It's merely time consuming.
    You get the recipe FROM Nightef archaeology?
    That sucks because I don't think I've made anything from night elf pieces yet.
    Archaeology is fun... it's just a pain in the ass to fly North, dig all four there. then fly ALLLLL the way south, and dig everything there >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Fringerman View Post
    Just spend some time grinding for the recipe and wait for the economy to chill out. It'll probably be easier to get the bars or their mats after cata has settled in, and if the archae grind is that long maybe by time you can afford the materials you still won't be close to getting the recipe. Does seem quite hard (or time consuming) to get, but it'll feel that much better to get it in my opinion
    i agree with this guy, if they made it really easy to get, everyone would have it and when you get it you wont feel special

Deleted
    No, you get the recipe from Canopic Jar http://www.wowhead.com/item=64657

It is an artifact from Tol'vir research and there is a % chance the Recipe will be inside the jar, if you have max Arch & Alc.

The problem, imo, is that the digsites themselves are random spawns, so for hours I've been waiting to dig up Tol'vir artifacts but have _only_ been getting Night Elf digsites, which I need to dig and clear, and then hope for a spawn in Uldum.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiez View Post
    No, you get the recipe from Canopic Jar

It is an artifact from Tol'vir research and there is a % chance the Recipe will be inside the jar, if you have max Arch & Alc.
    That doesn't seem so bad then. Thanks for clarifying. Still time consuming, but WoW itself in all aspects is rather time consuming....People seem to focus themselves and their time on some project, whether it be achievements, pet collecting, mount collecting, money making, professions, honor grinds, whatever, and I don't mind archae/this mount being a long-term project of mine.

I've seen 2 separate people with it on my server already. One was a day after cata release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goulashia View Post
    I've seen 2 separate people with it on my server already. One was a day after cata release.
    I'm calling bullshit on this.

Not only was my server first Illustrious Archaeologist 3 days into release, but to get 12 truegold bars (on a 24 hour cooldown from a 525 Alchemist) within one day, not to mention the other 40ks worth of mats, it's all too much to be believable imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goulashia View Post
    How is this even possible if the recipe is so hard to get. I call bullshit now that I see you have to have max alch. and arch.

it's all RNG. they could easily have gotten it on their first canopic jar (doesnt require 525 archaeology).

realm first archeologist was within 24 hours on KJ server and with a busy server like that im sure there were plenty of 525 alchemist to get transmutes from and the other shit is just gold so yea, I can see getting it in 1 day with luck and on a very populated server.

Deleted
    on my server it was less than 24 hours after release someone got server first archaeology
    RNG is random I guess :P

Archaeology mount.

Sorry pressing 'create' does not make it an Alchemy mount. From a purely time spent perspective.. alchemy isn't even in the ballpark when it comes to aquire this.

My only complain about the whole situation is not being able to pick what race I want to research. I'm ok with grinding 0-525, ok with 29k vendor mats, and ok with 12 truegold. I am not ok with grinding all of fucking Kalimdor for races I don't care one bit about just to get a Tol'vir digsite to pop.
    Last edited by nFeF; 2010-12-13 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sonof View Post
    All mats will come down in price, just wait till you can afford it
    The NPC vendors are going to lower their price? I somehow doubt it.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-