Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If you want the first to have it, then you're going to have to sacrifice something. Realms First doesn't just come if you're going casual and steady..

it wouldnt be so special if every alchemist could easily obtain it now would it

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    it wouldnt be so special if every alchemist could easily obtain it now would it
    See, this man got a point.
    H E R O E S

\ "When I was a kid ... I used to wish some stranger would come and tell me my family wasn't really my family. They weren't bad people, they were just ... insignificant. And I wanted to be different. Special. I wanted to change. A new name, a new life. The watchmaker's son ... became a watchmaker. It is so futile. And I wanted to be ... important." \
    Sylar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nFeF View Post
    My only complain about the whole situation is not being able to pick what race I want to research. I'm ok with grinding 0-525, ok with 29k vendor mats, and ok with 12 truegold. I am not ok with grinding all of fucking Kalimdor for races I don't care one bit about just to get a Tol'vir digsite to pop.
    This.

On my 16th NightElf sceptre. Didn't care about the first one, sure as hell don't care about the 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    The NPC vendors are going to lower their price? I somehow doubt it.
    level 24 guild perk - bartering.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    The NPC vendors are going to lower their price? I somehow doubt it.
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/83964/bartering/

10+ Year Old Account
    Archaeology mount.

Sorry pressing 'create' does not make it an Alchemy mount. From a purely time spent perspective.. alchemy isn't even in the ballpark when it comes to aquire this.

My only complain about the whole situation is not being able to pick what race I want to research. I'm ok with grinding 0-525, ok with 29k vendor mats, and ok with 12 truegold. I am not ok with grinding all of fucking Kalimdor for races I don't care one bit about just to get a Tol'vir digsite to pop.
    Blizzard is calling it an ALCHEMY MOUNT. So, unless you want to look stupid, You should do the same. But to be fair, it should be called the Alch/Arch mount because you have to have both to make it. One step towards getting it might take longer, but you still can't have this mount without 525 Alch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    One step towards getting it might take longer, but you still can't have this mount without 525 Alch.
    The problem as I see it is that getting to 525 Alchemy took very little time or effort. Getting to 525 Archeology on the other hand, is a major grind.

But this is indicative of the trade skills in general this expansion, I dont feel that they where done very well.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Blizzard is calling it an ALCHEMY MOUNT. So, unless you want to look stupid, You should do the same. But to be fair, it should be called the Alch/Arch mount because you have to have both to make it. One step towards getting it might take longer, but you still can't have this mount without 525 Alch.
    Well you'll just have to pardon me if I don't care what Blizzard calls it or what your opinion is on the matter. It requires massively more Arch effort than alchemy and that is poor design no matter how you cut it.
    Last edited by nFeF; 2010-12-13 at 04:27 AM.

Well you'll just have to pardon me if I don't care what Blizzard calls it or what your opinion is on the matter. It requires massively more Arch effort than alchemy and that is poor design no matter how you cut it.
    And no matter how YOU cut it, this is still little more than a vanity item, albeit a very very rare one. And if you want the really really rare item when it hits, you have to grind for it. Simple as that. This was the case with lots of things before...the Wintersaber comes to mind - back when that was hard to grind.

Archaeology is likely to become easier and level up faster in the future, but right now, if you want the super rare item, you will have to grind your ass off and spend the time and money needed.

And yes, im also grinding for it on my main as we speak, and yes I also find the archaeology tedious, but the end result is just gonna be so much more sweet when you know you have been rewarded for your hard work. And I dont really care if they "nerf" this in a future patch so it gets easier to get - im certain they will. But that doesnt take away from MY sense of accomplishment when I get mine

You are entitled to your oppinion as are the rest of us. And, to use your own phrase, "no matter how you cut it" doesnt mean you are right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post
    And no matter how YOU cut it, this is still little more than a vanity item, albeit a very very rare one. And if you want the really really rare item when it hits, you have to grind for it. Simple as that. This was the case with lots of things before...the Wintersaber comes to mind - back when that was hard to grind.

Archaeology is likely to become easier and level up faster in the future, but right now, if you want the super rare item, you will have to grind your ass off and spend the time and money needed.

And yes, im also grinding for it on my main as we speak, and yes I also find the archaeology tedious, but the end result is just gonna be so much more sweet when you know you have been rewarded for your hard work. And I dont really care if they "nerf" this in a future patch so it gets easier to get - im certain they will. But that doesnt take away from MY sense of accomplishment when I get mine

You are entitled to your oppinion as are the rest of us. And, to use your own phrase, "no matter how you cut it" doesnt mean you are right
    He was saying that the mount requires more Archeology effort than Alchemy effort, not complaining that it's too difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post

Grinding Winterspring rep - 100% working towards Winterspring mount
    Grinding Fossil and Night elf digsites for hours when you have absolutely no use for them - 0% working towards dragon mount

He was saying that the mount requires more Archeology effort than Alchemy effort, not complaining that it's too difficult.
    I never said there was anything difficult about it. Archaeology is damn near the easiest thing you can do in this game. There is nothing hard about this, just like if you read me posts I don't care that it's a grind, it was 100% expected to be a grind. Grinding TOWARDS A GOAL is ok, grinding some shit that has absolutely nothing to do with your goal but you're forced to because of bad design is not ok.

If you're going to try to argue at least try to comprehend my point.
    Last edited by nFeF; 2010-12-13 at 05:47 PM.

Deleted
    I never said there was anything difficult about it. Archaeology is damn near the easiest thing you can do in this game. There is nothing hard about this, just like if you read me posts I don't care that it's a grind, it was 100% expected to be a grind. Grinding TOWARDS A GOAL is ok, grinding some shit that has absolutely nothing to do with your goal but you're forced to because of bad design is not ok.
    This. At least one other person shares my view ...

Grinding Winterspring rep - 100% working towards Winterspring mount
    Grinding Fossil and Night elf digsites for hours when you have absolutely no use for them - 0% working towards dragon mount

If you're going to try to argue at least try to comprehend my point.
    So it requires alchemy.. i dont get your point?

Its a recipe that was buried in a bottle.. how else would you liek to get it? Do you think it should be a vendor recipe???

Grinding holiday achievements for a violet protodrake doesnt make any sense either.
    Last edited by HavokHeart; 2010-12-13 at 06:24 PM.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Few things.

1. It's possible you could get this within the first 2-3 days. Mug'thol isn't an extremely populated server and we had the server first Arch within 22 hours. I myself only needed about 25 hours to get 525 as well, so it's possible you could have made it by then. Beyond that though, it's extremely unlikely you had about 12 Alchemists that all got to 525 the first day, used their Truegold transmute, sold it (probably out of the guild) to the same guy who just so happened to be an alchemist who just so happened to get the recipe out of a Canopic Jar his/her first try (most Tol'vir artifacts take several hours due to RNG digs so I doubt many attempts to get the jar alone) and had 45k gold (probably more) to blow leveling up now their Alchemy and buying all those overpriced herbs/mats. Oh sure, it COULD happen, but 2-3 days in is a bit much.

2. You don't need max Alchemy to get the recipe. I have it myself and I was sitting at 525 Arch/450 Alch when the pattern dropped.

3. Bartering doesn't work. The Innkeeper out in the Oasis that sells the vendor mats to you has no faction affiliation, thus no discount.

4. Rare mount is rare. It would just be another mount on the pile if 80% of all Alchemists had it after a week, gold sink or not. If you want certainty in your mounts, grind rep or do the AT dailies.

5. Archaeology is optional. Just like the Fishing achievements/rewards, this isn't for the faint of heart. There's a reason they made it a secondary profession with no real benefits. I, for one, love the soul crushing aspect of the Archaeology grind. I know when I get something really rare out of this, it's staying rare.

6. I have the Vial done so hate on, haters :P

EDIT: I also wouldn't mind them doing this with other professions and Archaeology. Super rare Tailoring/Engineering/etc. mounts/recipes sounds like a good idea to me.
    Last edited by Leefnmajors; 2010-12-13 at 06:23 PM.

Ah the tears from Blizzard bringing back truly epic items are amazing.

This should be coloured a level higher than purple to make it even more epic since its a rare epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Perapsam View Post
    He was saying it was poor design...it was that I disagreed with

Does the recipe drop if you aren't an alchemist?

Cause if it drops for me I'll probably drop one of my other profs and level alch for it.. though probably not, I'd be tempted though.

Quote Originally Posted by Glomp View Post
    Does the recipe drop if you aren't an alchemist?

Cause if it drops for me I'll probably drop one of my other profs and level alch for it.. though probably not, I'd be tempted though.
    I don't think anyone knows at this point. It's confirmed you don't need 525 alchemy, many people have had it drop at 450 and even lower.. but I haven't seen someone post that they got it without even having alchemy yet.