Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I Miss my Ret Pallys

I main a rogue, obviously, but i havn't gotten a ret pally in a dungeon even once since cata hit! Where'd yall go!

We're still here. But...

ret pallies CAN be pretty amazing in dungeons, a buddy of mine plays ret paladin whenever i'm tanking, and he just makes everything go better, kiting mobs, CC, good intelligent damage, even helping out when the healer is swamped. but he works hard at it XD
    Do your best
    Expect the worst
    Enjoy the mediocre

I switched to Tanking on my Pally (which is may main) until further notice. I just enjoy Tanking more that I do Melee DPS. Got burnt out on either facerolling or having to run back and forth to get one spell off, then having to run to do something else during a boss fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    we've actually turned into rogues now with interrupts and CC. i'm liking the return of utility.
    "A drug person can learn to cope with things like seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth. But no one should be asked to handle this trip. "

Yeah the population of paladins has totally gone down until blizzard decides to make us flavor of the expansion again!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    holy power is not funny, too much rng

Ret has become spec you rarely see on my server anymore. I'm sticking with it but you have to be decent at it to actually succeed. WTB more procs for ret paladins... because we don't have enough yet...

15+ Year Old Account
    my main atm is a ret pally. I noticed yesterday that I was lowest in dps in the instance but nobody complained. I did adjust my perspective a little. I was CC by sleeping the healers and stunning whatever needed to be stunned. I use healbot, so occasionally I stepped in with healing. All in all, I felt useful, but this was not why I made a ret pally. The Storm spell I used to love is pretty useless for damage. I noticed upon reading it that its mainly a crowd healing spell now. duh.
    The CDs are way too long for the pally to be effective. I am reminded of what the Beastmaster spec is when I play my ret pally. Did blizzard want all the tanks now to be DPSers? This seems to be the case. I just do not understand their reasoning.
    The CD for crusader strike needs to be adjusted for quicker response as this seems to be the focal point to use other skills. (i.e. you need 3 up on your bar)
    Can Upload Images for Signature No
    Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature No

10+ Year Old Account
    I am still playing as retribution even though I really don't like the new way their rotation works but they are indeed a great contribution when they know what they are doing.

For example using Holy Radiance can be nice to help the healer to keep melee dps topped off (first boss SKF hc) or HoS is good to reduce spike damage on tanks or someone else as well. As is Lay on Hands and HoP!

My point being. If you know what you are doing you can be a great contribution to your group even though dps ain't the best.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Those of us who didn't reroll in WotLK are still here. The population of paladins will go low like it was until WoTLK.
    Paladins were extremely popular, even when they were crappy. The "holy-warrior" archetype is very appealing to many people.

I benched my paladin, spent most of my time as prot but some time as ret. I was really hopeful about the changes but I honestly don't like the class anymore. I loved all the buffs, seals and judgements. Now most of that is gone, either by making them worthless (see seals) or just removing them all together (like the judgements).

I understand that for balance reasons it kinda had to be done but I don't like it.

I got a question for you. Where did all the rogues go? Most severs where plagued with them before, now on mine you are lucky if you ever see one. Rarest class now.

Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post

I got a question for you. Where did all the rogues go? Most severs where plagued with them before, now on mine you are lucky if you ever see one. Rarest class now.
    All rerolled feral druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilec View Post
    Paladins were extremely popular, even when they were crappy. The "holy-warrior" archetype is very appealing to many people.
    This i started out as ret pally but after pulling my hair out i rerolled now i has prot pally alt
    Hi Sephurik

Some of them don't want to wait an hour for a dungeon. They will tank or heal if the want to do a 5man

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret is just how its always been, boring. The new 5mans make things kind of interesting with ppl screwing up and me having to help with healing, cc, and HoP people. I've only stuck with my pally cuz he is my oldest toon and has a shit ton of achieves. After getting 4 other classes to 80 I have realized that they are all much more fun.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    Ret is just how its always been, boring. The new 5mans make things kind of interesting with ppl screwing up and me having to help with healing, cc, and HoP people. I've only stuck with my pally cuz he is my oldest toon and has a shit ton of achieves. After getting 4 other classes to 80 I have realized that they are all much more fun.
    As a BE paladin I found Ret to be the most fun I have had in WoW during the last few months of TBC. I got tired of Prot and started looking into ret, and learned seal twisting. Seal twisting was insanely fun. The burst potential was awesome but my tank didn't think so. I actually killed things a few times so fast that my friend lost track of it. "Wasn't there three of these?" was fun to hear on vent.

Back on topic here, as someone pointed out here, Paladins can tank and heal so if they have any sense they will just go as that for instances. Waiting for 30 minutes or more as DPS is not very fun for most people so if they can avoid it they will.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Ret Pally Influx was from a mass group of players called "Flavor of the Month" Players. These FotM players did what they do best, reroll the new shiny popular class.

They are like rats, they all jump ship when things get rough moving on to infest more places.

Ret is in an odd spot right now, but I'd take that any day over having all them FotM players.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Rilec View Post
    i actually play a paladin for the "melee caster"/battlemage/swordmage archetype :X
    but in general, i feel quite useless as ret sometimes, i do same damage as tank in the offensive ret equip (just onehand and shield), even while questing, i can pull 3-7 mobs (depending on what nasty skills they have, like casting) and survive without much hassle and pull the next pulk. while as ret 3 is suicide, and even 2 is hard to do, with just one you will most likely survive with health below 50%.
    then of course there is the difference between instant invites and 50 minute queues, while i sometimes go into an instance as retribution. i got kicked from a hero today for no reason, just because i am a paladin (well reasons where like "useless cc, bad damage, no real utility anymore, gtfo we take the next dd")

the only real reason to play retribution in heroics at all is because as prot-dd you cant kick casters or cc mobs at all. but then again you can tank yourself anyway and dont nee to go into heroics as dd at all (most likely you will be top dd anyway beside some boss fights, but most of them are easier than trash anyway)

Deleted
    All the ret pallys got angry because they were no longer able to hit their frustrated heads on the keyboard and do high dps. This resulted in almost every FoTM ret leaving the spec/class ... now only a few remain and try to make the best of what is essentially an "Intersting" spec right now.