Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    By casual you mean the end of baddies? Casuals =/= baddies per se. See, at the moment I am guildless an dplaying casually for a variety of reasons and I already have 4 heroic dungeons completed through random dungeon finder and I didn't hit 85 until Thursday and I have work, school and all that too. There are people that are douches when someone dies regardless of the reason but just think 'maybe they will be hit by a bus tomorrow' or some equally happy thought if they are a complete douche. You have to 'work' a little harder to get gear and kill shit now, sure, but what good is a reward if even a caveman playing a deathknight can achieve it?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're going to get a lot of negative feedback with a thread like this.

A lot of BiS items are actually from reputation which you can obtain by doing quests. Most of them give insane amounts of reputation, so it goes quick.

Also i dinged 85 on the Cataclysm release day and have farmed normals and heroics, I have yet to kick or see anyone be kicked yet. So you can put that down to bad luck.

A normal dungeon requires 15 minutes maybe a little more and a heroic is around 30-40 mins with a random group (I only run guilded, so can't comment). Casual players can still easily obtain gear and keep playing even with a limited playtime. You just need to put effort into it now.

Good luck with Cataclysm, whatever you choose to do.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding
    Ranged DPS and Healers needed

If you don't want the challenge just do normal modes they are the same and you have seen all content, ok?
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    If you don't want the challenge just do normal modes they are the same and you have seen all content, ok?
    Sad thing is people are still treating dungeons and heroics like wrath "Tank runs in picked up everything", "trys to rush dungeon in 10mins", and then wonders why they and the rest of the group die. Still many from the pugs I have run myself don't want to mark or cc targets :<

Regards

Angelluss

This game is actually really good for people who are casuals... The cap on Valor points means you can't grind as much for gear (except rep grinds if you want that gear). The amount of time you'll be sinking into this game will be pretty minimal once you start raiding and pushing up against that cap frequently.

Your problem is that the content is actually challenging and a bunch of people give up too easily. That will correct itself over time when the bad players realize they are just dying all the time, eventually getting kicked from their guilds and quitting or shaping up and learning how to play. Everyone's used to instant satisfaction in everything... some things take time.

Quote Originally Posted by hawt09 View Post
    This post brings a tear to my eye.

Are you really there God?
    What? I don't even know how to respond to dat.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a huge difference between playing casually and being bad because of inexperience or simply lack of skill. This is not the end of casual gaming, but it's a huge hit to those that are generally bad, and I like it. Just because you play twice a week doesn't give you the excuse to refuse to CC, target wrong mobs, ignore mana, and - worst of all, in my opinion - completely ignore boss mechanics, especially right after someone explains the fight to you. Dungeons shouldn't be a faceroll just because you simply suck at the game.
    MSN: thesaddestpanda@hotmail.com
    XBL GT: ReverendGodless (with an i)

Alliance/Spinebreaker

10+ Year Old Account
    They finally put the HERO into heroics
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Deleted
    Honestly, I think the problem here is the self labelled "casual".

What makes you a casual? You dont farm 6 hours a day, complete heroic raid content, are part of a raiding guild. Really though, this comes down to why you are playing. If you are "casual" and running heroics then you're massively ahead of the curve for what I would deem "casual" players. This does lead me to believe you are probably just a regular player who doesn't know to not stand in big circular things of death, or are a healer who has switched to dps due to mana issues, or are normally a dps taking up tanking for faster ques.

Stop hiding behind the pretence that you are too "casual" to make it in the World of Warcraft because nobody cares, the dungeons have a gated iLvL, if you have the gear you should be able to pull reasonable dps, CC and not die; if you think that because you don't pump hours into the game (although you clearly do if you are already running heroics) you can get away with just playing bad, then you will lose as you would if you played any other game bad; which is in this case being dropped from the group for being a bad player.

On a side note you're making real casuals look bad, those people who are taking their time levelling up, enjoying the new scenary, finding new pets, levelling proffs instead of grinding, these are casuals, casuals shouldn't be at the stage of running heroics at this point or they simply aren't "casual".

10+ Year Old Account
    you fail to grasp the idea of casual does not mean bad.

i like that the game has changed for the better. I grew terribly bored and rich at one point.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy the difficulty of these heroics. The last boss in Grim Batol is definitely a boss, and 3 hour Deadmine runs are awesome!

Natural (Virtual) selection reins supreme!

excuse me but your using the wrong word to describe yourself its not casual its scrub

10+ Year Old Account
    Im a casual player. I raid. I do heroics. Dungeon runs and pugs.
    And I've been playing since the second year of Vanilla and i must say Catacylsm is so awesome. Its not the end of us casuals lol

You make the game fun for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    In regards to this being a serious post...

I personally think you're being a bit of a wet towel. What would you prefer, cheat codes?

Deleted
    Dear OP, casual players are not bad players. Bad players are bad players.

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Cookie View Post
    Finally! This is the best day of my life

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpmILPAcRQo
    so... if you don't have 4-6 hours a day to commit to this game, you shouldn't play? WoW is not the game for you my friend, you might like the Final Fantasy community....

Quote Originally Posted by Kvitulven View Post
    Everyone hits 85

Now the gearing up part

Oh wait, the good items you need for doing heroics are only obtainable by players that is far from a casual player

So now everyone start to kick and leave groups with party members that never done a 1 week old dungeon before? Oh that's reasonable.

I could go on, but I leave it at that... Just one more, finale

< Games are suppose to be about fun for everyone. >

It's a reason for casual players like myself never done a heroic in Burning Crusade, they say - you have to farm everyday for 6 hours and do alot of pvp to join us on heroics, noob.

>_< Guess we back there again, maybe even worse?
    Since when does casual mean you don't have the skills necessary to kill stuff? All I did was the same as any casual would do. I quested, got those blues. Got the blues from honored w/ factions since you do at least that while leveling, got an item with the JP I had, ran 2 normal dungeons getting 1 upgrade, then bought 2 items off the AH for really what was very little gold, and was at 330 item level, ready to queue heroics.

What part of that is unobtainable by casuals?

Quote Originally Posted by Rystastic View Post
    These are reasons we kick people when we have to pug a deeps:

1) Dying to something easily avoidable.
    2) Dying to something easily avoidable.
    3) Dying to something easily avoidable.

Yes, it needs to be said 3 times.

If you fall into that description, you give "casuals" a bad name, as most casuals know better than to stand in fire.
    I've died doing number 3 by accident already, really made me feel like a horrible player, so i went to sleep. Only way 1,2or3 should ever happen is if you are interupted by something irl or if you are reeeaaally sleepy