Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    hunters dont use mana and therefore dont have spells.
    Kill Command and Mend Pet are both spells, as are traps.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Kill Command and Mend Pet are both spells, as are traps.
    Traps are not spells, any more than a rogues poisons are.

Hunters have no spells for a spell reflect buff on the boss to reflect. Hence, they cannot get a DoT on themselves during this fight without meleeing the boss. Any healer can dispel the paralyze, however, providing they get themselves out of it.

Xux, you're an idiot. Not just misinformed, but actively stupid. Stop spreading it.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Hi Xux, maybe do the boss with a Hunter before you start insisting that your "help" is the best shit ever. Or, better idea, go use Google yourself and you'll find numerous mentions of the fact that Hunters cannot escape the Paralysis.

Hunters have nothing to reflect. Get your healer to dispel you. I'm able to dispel at least 2 people before Paralysis runs out - one has always been a Hunter.
    Who knows what secrets hide in the dark?

Ah yes...*I* do...

Quote Originally Posted by xux View Post
    Since he has Black Arrow, that means he is Survival. Now there is this skill called Explosive Shot that I heard does a dot. But since I got warned for trying to help him, I see no point in posting here or checking this thread anymore
    Explosive shot doesnt get reflected either, so before trying to give elitist "advice" at least get your facts straight, ok?

Deleted
    Like the previous posters.

Healer has to dispel and if your healer is having issues then your group is bad because the damage output of this boss is like zero if you are not taking ground slams or shatters.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Traps are not spells, any more than a rogues poisons are.

Hunters have no spells for a spell reflect buff on the boss to reflect. Hence, they cannot get a DoT on themselves during this fight without meleeing the boss. Any healer can dispel the paralyze, however, providing they get themselves out of it.

Xux, you're an idiot. Not just misinformed, but actively stupid. Stop spreading it.
    Traps are based on our spell-hit and are affected by things that reflect spells (test this on the Grounding Fields in Vortex Pinnacle if you don't believe me). I believe they are also unusable while silenced.

Has anyone tried trap launching an Immo or Explo trap at the boss to see if it spell reflects?

---------- Post added 2010-12-14 at 02:07 AM ----------

Since he has Black Arrow, that means he is Survival. Now there is this skill called Explosive Shot that I heard does a dot. But since I got warned for trying to help him, I see no point in posting here or checking this thread anymore
    You were warned for being rude. Whether you're correct or not, politeness and respect should be given to other posters no matter how bad or misinformed you want to call them.

Theres no reason to break this spell if your ranged, not even the healer needs to, tank can and should move away from the damage.

Nothing is reflected as a hunter. So sweet talk with the healer of the group to dispell you. Might want to mention the fact of '' if you dispell me you dont have to heal the 50000 dmg it dos when ticking out ''
    -Crusander-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Traps are based on our spell-hit and are affected by things that reflect spells (test this on the Grounding Fields in Vortex Pinnacle if you don't believe me). I believe they are also unusable while silenced.

Has anyone tried trap launching an Immo or Explo trap at the boss to see if it spell reflects?[COLOR="red"]
    Yes, I tried using both Explosive trap and immo trap, neither reflected.

Our damage is either not considered spell damage anymore, so this is an oversight, or there's a bug. Either way, it's annoying if you have a pug healer who doesn't believe in dispelling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    You should tell your Healer to dispell you, since it will remove the need to heal you which a Healer shouldn't want to do. The Healer should cast a DoT on the boss when the spellreflect shield is up.
    This. Just don't purge/dispel the reflect shield before everyone dotted up himself

Deleted
    When we first tried this boss, we were totally undergeared, so we couldnt affort the 50k dmg from paralyze.
    While we tried the boss, I enraged a few times, till I found my rythm. And since then it was easy as pie.

Just run back und forth and go into meele-range, after he use this earth-shock in front of him and use ur Raptor Strike. Stay Meele till paralyze, run out and in, while shooting and repeat. Basically ur in movement all the time.

Has any hunter tried using master's call BEFORE the paralyze hits? (I tried after, didn't work)... with the glyph it has 8 second period of effect making it so you wouldn't even really have to time it.

this was a hunter question and obviously you dont play one so i wouldnt call it help. its cool to throw in the advice (dots up prior) but with an attitude that you know it all doesnt get you much love since your advice does not apply to hunters. explosive shot, black arrow, and serpent sting do not break you out even though they are dots. i hope this is fixed.

Break yourself upon my body!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KING GAEAMANIA I OF KORGATH!

Deleted
    well i've read or seen somewhere that there's one potion or drink that you can purchase in blackrock deeps that damages you a little and breaks paralyze.
    but I don't remember the name :/
    didn't tryit out yet, bcause i haven't run many heroics yet...^^

Edit: here it is: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...ber/Ozruk2.jpg

Sulfuron slammer =)
    Last edited by mmocd8412e9215; 2011-01-03 at 03:50 PM.

Deleted
    ha i didn´t know that hunters have no way to break the paralize themselves, thank you all for showing me who to dispell on that fight asap^^

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest i actually have 2 one handers that i keep in my bags just for this boss. Stay in AoTF and pew pew like normal till i see ground pound/slam, get in melee range, wait for paralyze to hit and clear, disengage, rinse and repeat. At first its a little weird being a munter on purpose but I have actually grown to enjoy this little "dance" from the normal stand and pew pew bosses. Give it a shot you might enjoy it to =D

10+ Year Old Account
    aww dang it lol someone actually beat me to it. Use Sulfurion Slammer though. Drink it up before each paralyze, gives you a 6s dot on you that will break that paralyze. (also, it will break a certain sheep mechanic in pvp >.> shhhh)

10+ Year Old Account
    No attack a hunter uses can be spell reflected. So there are two options:

1 - Hunter runs into melee, takes the dot and disengages each time a paralyze is cast, greatly reducing his usefulness.

2 - The healer, who has a dot via spell reflect, dispels them immediately after the paralyze.

There is virtually no damage going on in the fight besides Ozruk doing pitiful damage against the tank and the spell reflects, dots from the melee, which is pretty minimal. The healer easily has time to cleanse any class not capable of hitting themselves, unless you happen to be running a group chock full of hunters, frost magi and the like.

Just so you know, the elitist attitude only works when you're correct.

Edit - Guess the slammer works too, but I didn't see your post suggest that at all
    Last edited by Amaranthus; 2011-01-03 at 03:56 PM.
    When in doubt, assume you rolled a natural 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilcheeks View Post
    Any hints from a hunter who has done this successfully without taking damage? I'm thinking I might be missing something here.
    a couple. first, run down to brd and stock up on some Sulfuron Slammer from the Grim Guzzler.

or figure out when you need to run in, hit the boss, and then disengage the hell outta there. its not hard. esp if you're using aspect of the fox, you can keep shooting as you run up to the boss, then just hit him with a melee ability, and then disengage. you wont even notice a major loss in dps, at least one thats really significant.
    "With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. "