Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    just have the healer melee the boss, and cleanse you out of it, that's what I was doing.
    this is the only way out of it safely as a hunter. Pray you have a competent healer.

Deleted
    Cant really be bothered to find the exact post, but i took it to heart and the tactic works like a charm, flawlessly, every time.

Be in aspect of the fox and keep just out of range of his shatter. When you hear Ozruk say "break yourselves upon my body" you run to him, melee him once or twice, to receive his blood debuff, then disengage to a safe distance. That debuff will effectively break you out of paralyze and you can continue attacking. Cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    He needs to be nerfed plain and simple
    You don't solve problems with a cry for a nerf. That part of the fight can be over come by a hunter going in melee for a couple seconds or getting dispelled by the healer. People just cry for a nerf when something is hard for them way to often, you honestly have to learn to find a way around it.
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
    Just so you know, the elitist attitude only works when you're correct.
    Quote of the day right there

10+ Year Old Account
    Ran that place with several hunters and none of them ever died. Ever. Never ever ever seen a ranged die to that guy. Anyone who is having problems with this guy has more serious problems than just this boss's mechanics. Someone in your group is failing hard.

Seen a shitload of melee get squashed. Myself included
    Last edited by Roose; 2011-02-12 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xux View Post
    Paralyze is broken by any damage. He casts spell reflect as well as a thorns like skill on himself. Just have any kind of dot on him and it's gg. Don't dispel them from the boss

BTW, I'm sure google could've told you this in like 2 minutes.
    The dot has to be a spell. SrS and or BA aren't considered spells I guess.

Deleted
    just so you have a possibility to get out of the stun:

traps are considered as spells, as most of you might know from vortex pinnacle for example.

so it should be possible to reflect the single target flame trap onto yourself.
    i can't test this as my hunter is still too low but it should work, allowing you to sometimes get out of the stun at least.

if all fails it just has to be dispelled by a healer or shadowpriest or by stocking up on sulfur alcohol from brd.

Sorry, but yes. I'm right. If anyone dispels the reflects off of him it won't work. Like I said...don't dispel them and it's over. Take my advice or wipe some more in 5 mans, it's your choice. You're welcome for helping you
    Sorry to disappoint you, you are the wrong one here.
    None of hunter's abilities are reflected from that boss (I don't remember if trap works but I'm pretty sure they don't), you have to either:

1. Melee for 1-2 debuff and get out of range before paralyze + aoe
    2. Have a healer break himself from paralyze and dispel you in time

Just ask your healer if he/she is able to do that for you, if not just do #1.
    Please, stop jumping to conclusion so quickly.

Paralyze is broken by any damage. He casts spell reflect as well as a thorns like skill on himself. Just have any kind of dot on him and it's gg. Don't dispel them from the boss

BTW, I'm sure google could've told you this in like 2 minutes.
    Idiot.

There are 2 ways to do it - 1 is melee boss 2 is get dispelled - it's easy enough for healer to dispell you presuming you're not running with 3 hunters. it's not really an issue. Good luck

in saying all this - it should have been bloody fixed in the patch...

On my resto druid I always just throw an insect swarm or moonfire at him to get it on myself, and then dispel the hunter when I get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilcheeks View Post
    Hey there.

Tonight I ran this with some guildies. It seems that the only way to avoid being stuck in his paralyze ability is by meleeing the boss. Doing that gives you a 2 second debuff which needs to be timed perfectly with the paralyze, otherwise you're stuck for the duration and take about 50k damage. I used my pvp trinket to avoid it once, but that's not good enough to avoid it every time. Any hints from a hunter who has done this successfully without taking damage? I'm thinking I might be missing something here.
    I stay close to the boss and melee whenever he does his little emote speech. Run out when he does his aoe move and continue dpsing til he emotes again. We don't have a DoT that will reflect back to us on this fight so you have to melee or be paralyzed. You don't really need to do uber dps on this fight just survive it.

As others have said the healer can dispel it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I seriously dont get the whine with Ozruk.

Being ranged, ok you get stunned every 10 sec or something, no big deal.
    Melee, run out now and then.

Its no big deal, never had trouble with this guy, in randoms or guild groups.
    Stop complaining.
    I am and always will be the optimist. The hope for far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.

I haven't read through the posts, just briefly first page.

@OP
    It's an L2P issue, basicly. ALL you need to do, is to reapply Serpent Sting/Black Arrow when he got his elementium bulwark buff up. You got 10 seconds to do that, plenty of time.

why isn't everyone using this http://www.wowhead.com/item=38466 it makes the fight ectremely easy for a hunter!!

---------- Post added 2011-02-13 at 01:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xcitu View Post
    I haven't read through the posts, just briefly first page.

@OP
    It's an L2P issue, basicly. ALL you need to do, is to reapply Serpent Sting/Black Arrow when he got his elementium bulwark buff up. You got 10 seconds to do that, plenty of time.

have you actaully tried that? It doesn't work

Huh weird, it have worked for me, thought it's a long time since I've done Ozruk HC.

As a tank.. I'm so sad they nerfed this fight.. it was actually fun before.. thanks alot bliz

As a tank this guy is super easy, I soloed him as prot pre-"nerf" (more like fix, they increased his damage by a third.)

As a hunter, BM is your friend. Still do high damage in melee, which is why BM pwns other hunters. Get in their face and they can't do anything about it.

Stop getting failure healers. if a healer can get themself out of the paralyse using a Dot - Flameshock/insectswarm/SWain (palas screwed or do they hav something?)
    and then get the healer to dispell you after they hav the paralyse remove.
    I do this all the time on my druid wen healing, n actually had hunters thank me in amazement that they could actually be cleansed n carry on DPS'in?
    wouldnt care if u take this hit n lose some DPS time, u can carry on nukin wen the spell reflect is up, no caster can, they gotta stop completly n twiddle there thumbs for 8 seconds.