Packing up my priest =/

I love my priest he was my first character back in BC i love him in kara and i loved him till now. I'm not sure exactly what it is ,if it's that priest are weak, health is too high, or dumb group mates but playing him is most stressful then fun since cata. I love holy because we were the masters of AOE but when i get into a AOE heavy fight I'm struggling to keep up especially if a tank needs healing. I also guess i don't like seeing my dinky 8k-11k healz on my 120k tank it makes me feel weak.

So I'm packing him in for a dps or a new healer(any suggestions?) I will probably gets flamed for saying this but i honestly preferred WOTLK healing before we over geared it a ton it was stress full but at the same time fun as holy at least, but of course my favorite healing was from BC i think they had it perfect there.

Maybe it's my thought maybe I don't have the right gear and I'm only doing Normals

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...h/nekot/simple

you are human. and humans like what they like. there is nothing wrong with that and honestly nothing to be ashamed of

If your problem is with healing as a priest, then I'd suggest you forgo healing altogether. Things are tough all over, and that's by design. DPS seems a little more interesting now with the added need for CC and you coming from a healing background will understand the importance of that and will have a leg up on the competition. DPS if you want something easier. Tank if you want something a little tougher.

Or, just wait, like, a week and people will have better gear and a better understanding of the content.

My suggestion is to stick with it, improve your gear, and you will find it becomes much more fun again.

I say just keep on keepin' on. In a week or so, instances will be easier, your heals will heal for more, etc.

Yeah you guys are probably right, I think i will wait another week then decide since Xmas is coming to see if it gets better

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been playing my priest in Cata through Heroic DUngeon content and a couple of raid bosses.. The only problem I find is that groups either know the content or dont.. which there is nothing you can do about that.. or.. bad spell selection leads to mana problems..

Most priests, imo, are not realizing the importance of a free flash heal.. or on using SoL to reduce cast times in effective places.. or using Chakra to keep a rolling renew on the tank.. etc.. It took a few tries, but it is just playing the class in the way it was intended.. you can't just spam flash heal.. or renew.. or CoH...

Keep on choogling, let everyone gear up more, and see what happens then.

Quote Originally Posted by champ3000 View Post
    I have been playing my priest in Cata through Heroic DUngeon content and a couple of raid bosses.. The only problem I find is that groups either know the content or dont.. which there is nothing you can do about that.. or.. bad spell selection leads to mana problems..

Most priests, imo, are not realizing the importance of a free flash heal.. or on using SoL to reduce cast times in effective places.. or using Chakra to keep a rolling renew on the tank.. etc.. It took a few tries, but it is just playing the class in the way it was intended.. you can't just spam flash heal.. or renew.. or CoH...
    Oh I don't spam I Chakra>Heal and heal heal heal that's it i also let dps sit at about 75% health and like to keep tank at about 90% for some wiggle room.

if you do find healing as priest boring, first of all, try out disc i tried it, cause i was running as holy, and my mana was just... gone... disc is somewhat the same, but i find it more interesting. Also, if disc bores you, try shadow it is actually pretty fun since cata came out...

Deleted
    Stick with it, let your gear and stats improve and you should be healing in an effective manner in no time.
    Also in response to your comments on WOTLK healing (the near end of it anyway)i think thats rather obscured, in alot of cases healers mana was never an issue in any situation unless perhaps you were progressing LK 25 heroic and doing sindi at 5/10/15% buff.

I think the new system really makes every healer and each individual group member think about their surroundings and how they are playing. Also if your pugging right now your always going to have people with the old mentality, that will only change with their experience and time... stick with it and in a while things should work out in maybe not a week but things will get better.

yeah i think i just need to give it some time cause dps are just dumb and love to eat big meteor aoe then wonder why they be dead

I've completed all but 2 of the heroics on my Priest and they've all been pugs. Generally 1 shot bosses now since I can explain the fights to them.

One of them, I just never got queued into it (Blackrock Caverns), the other is Grim Batol, where I've only been unable to kill the last boss because dps are failing too kill adds and after getting 2 sets of whelps out it's nearly impossible to heal through. It's been a few days since I got Grim Batol, maybe pug dps has gotten better.

Don't panic when there's aoe dmg going on, sure it looks a lot but a few heals to bring them over 25% can be enough. Make them use Lightwell, it helps immensely. I tend to have to yell out for them to use lightwell when I need them too, even with the same group, I have to remind them. I'm always in Inner Will, so I only ever give dps renews unless they're taking direct damage.

If there's a lot of damage incoming on the tank, do flash healx2 for double Serendipity buff, then greater heal filling in with Holy Word: Serenity whenever it's up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fringerman View Post
    Keep on choogling, let everyone gear up more, and see what happens then.
    I agree, plus I'm sure there's alot more balance to come into play at 85 with Tier gear, Maybe we're gimped right now and don't know it 1/2 as much as we should? Could all change after a patch. But my loyality with Priests will never deminish, yours shouldn't either Priests and even Spriests are VERY powerful imo.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

The new healing mechanics are a bit tough to wrap your head around. The hardest part is trying to remember that no one ever has to be at full health barring a few random occurrences. You have to learn to let players stay in a wounded state, and you can't just spam heals to compensate. It's all about triage now. It's a bit overwhelming sometimes, but I assure you, it does get better the more you practice.

Alright thank you guys i will stick it out and see how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by t0k3n98 View Post
    Alright thank you guys i will stick it out and see how it goes
    Power to you man. Good heals are rare nowadays. Those who stick with it will be rewarded.