Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Bear aoe dps can be pretty high atm. I play bear and on most trash packs i'm top or second on the dps in normals, can't speak about anything higher than normal 5's since it's taken up untill today to get enough gear to do HC's RNG loot gods hate me it seems.

On proper AoE packs, by which i mean 6+ mobs, I'm hitting 15k+ just using mangle, swipe, thrash and maul when the rage is there.

Single target though there shouldn't be any issues with a bear beating dps classes from what i have experianced so far, we're closer to the dps than in wrath but still theres a big gap.

I had a druid's rake ticking for 17k on me the other day :S
    He did his opener, and mayeb for 2 sec's did some dmg ( mangle + rake and his finsiher bleed ) then he just went away and i ticked to deat :S

Quote Originally Posted by tenzing21 View Post
    If you run around solo, w no friends in sight, wo your trinket up, don't QQ.
    So wait. Are you trying to say that it should always take a group to beat a cat? Really?

But of course people that play an OP class would also claim there is nothing wrong with it I guess...

I admit feral is pretty op atm and i play feral in PvP, i can stunlock people from 100% - 0% if im lucky, Or get them dam well close to death before they attack me. But saying that if something gets the 1st hit on me i most likely dead :/ unless they suck super hard :P and i get lucky.

When people say frost mages are as OP, I can agree but people can LoS our damage, ferals need pounce, rake, mangle, you can guarantee that they will crit in this time (so 2 Combo Points) and then they have a 5 point rip on you, the damage output from this is insane.

They will end up nerfing it, but I think that they may do it after the PVP season ends, even if they do it now, I'm sure there are ferals camped at rival/glad title range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop the QQ, Feral is where it should be, balanced for the first time in quite a while tbh. Gear up, stack resilience, and next time you encounter a Feral you'll be quite fine.

Sorry ferals but your Bleed damage is too high atm

People dont have right PvP gear but in beta with premades i was getting 13k Rip and 6k Rake ticks on 3000 resi which disturbed me considering how max dot tick i got with affliction and shadow priest was 7k with FULL BUFFS and CDS

Bleed damage cannot be prevented
    Bleed damage cannot be dispelled
    Bleed damage cannot be reduced (it ignores armor)

i am not defending Frost Mages i am just saying that Ferals Bleed damage is too high atm and needs toning down with adjusting their other attacks to compensate
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Deleted
    Its interesting how people think that just because they believe something hard enough themselfs that it is the truth.
    I can make stuff up to and post it on mmo as fact.

Last night i was in arena and i got onehit by a soul fire and i have 3000 resilience. how is this possible!? Nerf!!!

^ This happens all the time and some people tend to believe it. "wow.. did you get hit for that much when you have 3k resi? thats sick!!!"

Its pathetic tbh...

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Yeah, sure, already the It's balanced at 85 argument failed so now we're going for Resilience will fix it. After that fails as well, it will be Well pvp is not balanced around 1v1 anyway, amirite ?
    WIN, but yeah feral damage is over the top

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post

People dont have right PvP gear but in beta with premades i was getting 13k Rip and 6k Rake ticks on 3000 resi which disturbed me considering how max dot tick i got with affliction and shadow priest was 7k with FULL BUFFS and CDS

i am not defending Frost Mages i am just saying that Ferals Bleed damage is too high atm and needs toning down with adjusting their other attacks to compensate
    You are entirely correct, but it is not attacks that needs to be adjusted, our normals are actually quite weak compared to our bleeds. You will realize this if you ever attempt to nuke a paladin down without bleeding him up and interrupting his heal = a pretty long fight. All classes have burst, the reason feral is doing so much bleed damage is one reason only. Right now their mastery is at minimum around 15.80, without trinkets. If they have a clue how to gear. This is 50% extra damage on bleeds. Do you realize how godly the mastery is for ferals, PvE or PvP? It overtakes agility as a stat you want to stack. That's the same as if a caster ignored intellect for mastery.

You will also then understand that the PvP gear has very little mastery, and quite bad stats. If you just do research you know this. We have expertise on our bloody shoulders... We also have haste, which is still a bad stat for a feral in PvP. Feral stat balance is completely biased towards mastery. This is why, idiots will not know this, idiots will go about and think it's the base damage that is the problem. The problem is the on use mastery trinkets that let you gain thousand of mastery by a simple button press. The base damage of the bleeds are powerful, but not that powerful.

This is what needs toning, and you are the first person I have seen with the brain in this thread. I have explained it once before, I did it now again. And bleed damage can be interrupted and avoided with the use of CC. Well timed stuns or slows that are constantly reapplied. Your team mates should honestly always train a feral in cat form. I do it. It works. They are glass cannons, more so than any other form of playable character.

Yes, bleeds are too powerful atm. Yes it might need tweaking. Do I trust people saying it ticks for 13k on 3000 resilience? No. Because I'm not seeing those ticks now without a buff or proc on a trinket or the use of tiger's fury before hand. Sorry to say so, that is pure bullshit. Only going from 400 to 1200 resilience will reduce damage with an extra 7%. I seriously doubt anyone in premade PvP gear among ferals ticked anyone with a single bleed for 13k. Unless we are talking about the bugged rake that did 200% of its intended damage?

Damage one on one:

five seconds passes, target is dead. The warrior did 75% of the damage, feral bleeds were useless.

25 seconds pass, target dead. The feral did 75% of the damage in total. Feral bleeds overwhelmed the target.

The Q.Q'ers in this thread show the mental capacity of a pile of dung. They cry, somewhat rightfully so, but do they have a clue about how to approach it? No, they do not. Which is why Blizzard should never listen to them alone, that's why Wrath came to be. The most boring expansion in terms of PvP - ever. Little to no content. And DK's able to kill you after they were dead.

My current gear: 347/349. As optimally designed as possible for PvP from what I have available, my Rip will tick for 11,5k on average with five combo points I think. My rake never reaches 6k unless I have tigers fury or a zerk buff. It's around 4,5 - 5k. The average gear of PvP'ers right now is roughly 335. Of course, I still do not have the trinkets I want, the trinkets would significantly help me out... Come to think of it, it's hard to tell if those ticks there are crits or not. They might be. The highest Rip crit I've had was 17k.

This is too much.

And yes, there is no right of defending frost mages. Their damage require less set up and is pretty much instant (this is actual burst damage). I am also not saying we do not need a tweak, that we do. But I'd like the retards from refrain with the idiotic comments, when they clearly don't have a clue. Screenshots from PvE used as proof. Dear god, it's about as intelligent as my philosophical statements when I was ten years old. I've seen mages two shot mobs in PvE by the time my target is halfway down from bleeds.

Also remember that damage needs to go hand in hand with the amount of utility a class had in a given PvP situation. Ferals have a lot of utility, but don't even come close to say mages.

P.S: DK's are starting to look very mean right now. No matter how much I dislike the feral and mage output. Also, health pools will rapidly increase with each season, they went from 20k to roughly 30k+ in wrath over 3-4 seasons. That's a 33% difference. I doubt Cataclysm will do this, since most of the health scaling was based of base health, but it might be something worth keeping in mind if you want to talk about balance. The wrong nerfs given can quite easily render ferals about as useful in group PvP as they were in TBC. Pretty low on the food chain in other words. One on one they have always and will always be one of the best specs available due to the very nature of shapeshifting.
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2010-12-20 at 12:00 PM.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyWithFace View Post
    Wut?

Our guild leader, who regularly tanks as Feral, can do upwards of 15k DPS on raid bosses WHILE TANKING. If anything, they need a NERF. Their damage is absurd in comparison to other tanks'.
    I raided Blackwing Descent as Feral tank and was second on dps/damage done.
    So ye feral tanks are fine, maybe too good even.

Deleted
    Reason people qq now is simply because you are all in near enough full pve gear and you come across pve-geared, mastery(as secondary stat)-stacking ferals which have huge increased bleed damage because of this.

Get full pvp gear for ~30% damage reduction, have the feral in full pvp gear and see his mastery drop from 17-18+ to 8-10 and not only does his "op" bleed damage get reduces by that, you also mitigate a lot of his damage.

---------- Post added 2010-12-20 at 12:35 PM ----------

Reducing bleed damage and compensating with direct damage will mean too much burst, which is what people will the cry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxiijay View Post
    Reason people qq now is simply because you are all in near enough full pve gear and you come across pve-geared, mastery(as secondary stat)-stacking ferals which have huge increased bleed damage because of this.

Get full pvp gear for ~30% damage reduction, have the feral in full pvp gear and see his mastery drop from 17-18+ to 8-10 and not only does his "op" bleed damage get reduces by that, you also mitigate a lot of his damage.

---------- Post added 2010-12-20 at 12:35 PM ----------

Reducing bleed damage and compensating with direct damage will mean too much burst, which is what people will the cry about.
    Indeed. That pretty much sums it up.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Deleted
    You are wrong, bleeds can be prevented, bleeds can be dispelled and bleeds can be reduced.

But as usual "Ignorance is bliss".

Quote Originally Posted by Efreet View Post
    You are wrong, bleeds can be prevented, bleeds can be dispelled and bleeds can be reduced.

But as usual "Ignorance is bliss".
    How exactly can u prevent bleeds , dispel them or reduce them (w/o resi) ?

oh so when pally is op, everyone rerolls pally, but because kitty is hard to play we qq about it.

flight form is op too, lets cry about that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    How exactly can u prevent bleeds , dispel them or reduce them (w/o resi) ?
    Dwarf racial
    Ice block
    Pally Bubbles

I don't forsee ferals being an issue once people are rolling in epic pvp gear... frost mages will still be ridiculous though.