15+ Year Old Account

Warlock PVE utilization.

Now I haven't had the chance to get into Vortex Pinnacle Yet. But the thing that sets me apart as affliction vs. Demo/destro is in the fact that you can utilize 3 different forms of crowd controls in this expansion.
    Glyph of Fear, Seduce, and Banish. Now if in pinnacle fear and seduce work. Warlocks can handle all of the CC by themselves and still do enough dps to put smiles on peoples faces. Being damage over time masters and all.
    What do you think?

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#IburRhsGcdhbMZc:scMzRamMV

Someone is going to ask why not Demo or destro?
    Destro requires an imp for certain procs, and Demo requires felguards to do truckloads of damage. Affliction doesn't.

Made by Ariyana!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think your expectations are a bit off. You're capable of the cc, but you're going to be sacrificing your damage a lot more than you think. Especially if you plan on maintaining that cc.

Thanks Sokogeka<3

Deleted
    Pretty much what the poster above me said, i did things like that in tbc with banish/fear, it takes more effort than you think to keep the cc going, you'll be doing very little damage.

It is worth thinking about though, if CCers die etc warlocks can save the group if they're on the ball, just dont suggest we can do it all as standard, none of us want our raid leaders to think that

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember back in tbc when I wasn't considered a cc class and watched the mages and rogues do all the work. (except for the odd seduce)

I'm kind of the only person ccing now. O:

Thanks Sokogeka<3

Deleted
    I don't think you will be able to seduce anything in Vortex Pinacle at least, you could manage it in grim batol / brc / stonecore etc where there are human/elemental packs. Its doable but as people have said, will massively gimp your damage output, you will lose focus on your rotation checking which mob you have which CC on and when it needs refreshing (fear doesnt last all that long). I have done alot of Banish/Fear CC throughout the heroics and coupled with a druid sleep for dragonkin has pretty much been all the group we needed.

Deleted
    In my tbc guild our mages kinda sucked sadly, specifically on the TK Void(loot) Reaver trash i often had to banish an elemental while fear kiting something else, followed by a stream of abuse if they both happened to break at the same time and someone got 1 shotted.

I do miss Curse of recklessness kiting now it's gone though.

You should never really be in the position to have to cc more than two mobs I would say, considering there are 5 people in the group not 1, and nobody expects you to. Whatever spec, locks have at least two decent CC which I have made a lot of use of (Banish and glyphed Fear)...my Felguard's axe toss is also useful when adds break free as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rakkeh View Post
    I don't think you will be able to seduce anything in Vortex Pinacle
    Temple Adepts beg to differ.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usally handle the CC in my group and for the most part maintain my dps quite well, though the hunter creeps past me when I do. Trick is using a focus macro so you do not have to target your fear target, now keeping a banish up at the same time requires you to check your banish gets annoying, but it is functional. And as far a seduce goes...my imp will get lonely so I make the hunter stop being lazy, so I don't have to CC 3 things at once :P

Deleted
    ahh cmon CC is easy.

I have a fear and a banish macro. It casts on my focus. When i get to the mobs, tanks puts diamond, i put it on focus, then watch the fear / banish timer on my focus. I nuke main target, and when i need to refresh CC i just press one button, don't even need to change target ... EZ