Deleted

Ilvl System Broken.

First id like to start of saying that i tried searching for other threads with this topic but i found none, but im pretty sure there are but as you know, mmo search function... yeah.

And Second, i think that the Ilvl system Blizzard has implemented is broken on dual spec classes, meaning those who
    heal/dps and tank/dps etc, they may have the requierd Item lvl in one of the specs they aint joining as and this may result in not having the gear needed to take the hits from some bosses.
    and then healers not having good enough gear not to oom 30sec into the fight or something like that. you know where im getting at.

due to this my first ever cata heroic was a real pain because our tank was... 329 in his dps and lets say not 329 in his tank gear which...
    didnt turn out so great...

So do you think blizzard will fix this? Because when its counting item in your backpack like it is now it is easy to "exploit" it so that you may join heroics without sufficient gear.

i dont realy have a better idea of how it should work so maybe i shouldnt complain...

it also counts if you have high level gear in your bags but not equipped, which can lead to the same problem.

Hmm I see your point, but within few weeks, most of the people will have more than good enough gear for both specs..

Deleted
    the only good thing about this which comes to mind is that you can only come in group with people with around the same Ilvl as you got.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a suggestion for you. Get a guild, won't have problems like that at all
    What doesn't kill you only pisses you off...
    Thundar - Level 80 Restoration Shaman Kazzak EU - Officer of The Forgotten Souls

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quandrix View Post
    I have a suggestion for you. Get a guild, won't have problems like that at all
    I have a guild, a pretty good one. Just that there aint allways people that want to go dungeons. or maybe most of them allready are in randoms and im stuck with 2 other guild dps and have to pug a healer and tank.

Deleted
    My good friend was trying to get his Ilvl up by buying greens so that he could run some dungeons with me.

As soon as those greens were put into his bags (Not being worn) His Ilvl increased and as far as I know, it has still failed to return and he has sold those greens back.

If they make it so that it only takes equipped gear into account, many won't (at least not in this early stage of the expansion) be able to say fish with their Kaluak fishing pole and weather-beaten fishing hat while in the hour-ish queues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reyina View Post
    it also counts if you have high level gear in your bags but not equipped, which can lead to the same problem.
    As far as I can tell the game considers any gear you have soulbound. Bank etc also count. The only filter there might be is the same that exists on dice rolls (so cloth doesnt count for plate classes) but I think healing plate counts for warriors and deathknights.

Yes its broken from that point of view. Luckily Im the tank that actually has the tank gear. Healers oom themselves weather they have healing or dps gear, I didnt notice any difference (apart from pallys where it would be obvious)