Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Did anyone else notice this?

During my questing experiences throughout hyjal, deepholme and the first bit of uldum, i noticed something.
    Blizzard is teaching people to avoid fire through quests.
    <Spoilers>
    During the ragnaros quest, in the same way as we all did during obsidian sanctum, i had to dodge lava waves.
    In deepholme a few mobs spawned void zones just like kel thuzad, which go off after a few seconds.
    There were also fire spawned under me and a few other things.
    </Spoilers>
    The quests proved to be alot harder to complete if these simple things weren't executed proprely.
    Im really glad blizzard made these kind of quests, not only so newbies experience these things, but also cause its alot more interesting than killing 26 croc's or elementals.

thoughts? experiences? phone numbers ?

It's very good that they're doing this.
    Without giving away a spoiler, the final quest in the new troll starting area has you having to activate objects and kill adds while an NPC tanks a boss. Extremely awesome way for Blizzard to ease new players into the group gaming experience.

Deleted
    A basilisk quest boss in Deepholm used an AoE LoS skill where you have to hide behind Saronite nodes like in FoS :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I noticed this to and I love blizzard for it, whether it will work or not who knows lol...

Deleted
    Heroic Deadmines

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Without giving away a spoiler, the final quest in the new troll starting area has you having to activate objects and kill adds while an NPC tanks a boss. Extremely awesome way for Blizzard to ease new players into the group gaming experience.
    About time - but i highly doubt it will stop people being retarded in pugs /sadface

Deleted
    New to quests maybe but Blizzard has introduced boss mechanics in instances before. Arugal being one of the first I can remember (Mindcontrol).

What blizzard failed to do is make player abilities look different from mob abilities. Often I think its a voidzone but no its just Hand of Guldan. Or Healing rain. Saw it the first time in a heroic on a new boss (elemental shaman) and at first I thought "get the hell out of there!" Same goes with any player stationary AE. Bosses put down consecration effects, never liked death and decay as it looks similar to any other bad area effect and often I hate shadow and fire spell effects on mobs as I cant see if the mob is currently casting an AE from its position. I kite more than I have to ^^

back to topic: yes blizzard is trying to show players the benefits of avoiding dmg but often you dont have to (ragnaros quest) which leads to the wrong idea that AE effects arent all that bad. Only one I had to avoid so far was in Hyjal where you have to weaken that mob with the blastwave (lucifron? cant remember what snake it was)

NOTHING prevents a damage tunnel sight when you got chance to run into the enrage!

Its a good way to show the basic aspects of a bossfight. Never stay in fire, I mean comeon you wouldn't do that in real life also, would you? I hope this learn the new players that it doesn't matter how fast you kill the boss, but that you follow the tactics and observe whats going on around you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I know how to avoid fire and stuff, but i totally didnt notice this.. i just shot at mobs and eventually the boss died.. pretty much like in wotlk xD

10+ Year Old Account
    lies and blasphemy, just look at the final bos in HoO you get a damage increase by standing in the fire or a movement speed bonus, obviously blizz is teaching me to stack up in fires.

In hyjal when you fight I think its Baron Geddon, he does AoE fire damage getting more damaging as it goes on requiring people to run out aswell. Stops people trying to just zerg him and stand in the fire etc.

I must admit I died once on that quest simply because I saw the first tick for 2500 and was nearly done on channeling so figured Id live an extra 2-3 ticks ( I had 25k HP left still on my warrior) but then the ticks went to 5k, 10k, 15k and I died. Learnt quick the cata AoE does actually hurt for once. Was also plenty of corpses around

Heroic Deadmins has an acheivement for avoiding fire called: Ready for Raiding... lol my guild found this hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    In hyjal when you fight I think its Baron Geddon, he does AoE fire damage getting more damaging as it goes on requiring people to run out aswell. Stops people trying to just zerg him and stand in the fire etc.
    The amount of people i've seen dying on that quest is hilarious - the other night I was on my pala alt and the other two people who were there both died within about 3 secs of each other. Seen it plenty on the beta too.