A change to the BG system?

Let me first up say that this isn't a qq thread, merely a suggestion that I wish to have critiqued in the case of me being irrational, with that said however as I sit in the 44th minute of my daily BG queue I can't help but feel that it would be much faster should the Alliance v Horde requisite be taken out of the game. I realise that every RPer/lore fan would /wrists but it's gotten to a ridiculous stage. I'm aware that rated BGs are going to fix alot of this however for when I don't feel like assembling 10 people to run 1 BG an alternate system for pugging would be nice. There are also obvious balance issues with Tol Barad, however that's opening another Pandora's box..

Feel free to share your thoughts on the matter, any suggestions etc.

---------- Post added 2010-12-13 at 11:07 PM ----------

I should probably clarify as I didn't make it too obvious; I am hinting at Horde v Horde and Alliance v Alliance PuG BGs.

Apparently they already did a test of this sometime during beta (not sure how open it was)... anyway... they decided not to introduce it into the game at this point (if ever). Personally... while I would also appreciate shorter queue times it sure seems likely that this would add some confusion into BGs. I know that my gut instinct wouldn't be to chase down someone of the same faction to kill them. The only thing you'd have to go on would be the color of the name plate and some people don't even have those turned on. Personally, I think they need to find another solution... but I don't know what direction that should be.