Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I refuse to do LFG tool, period -_-

Unless we have 4 people from guild, and just need a healer/dps, I'll just do dailies or whatever.

Even in group runs, we may wipe on a boss that people aren't too familiar with, and maybe even 3-4 times. Most pugs won't sit through that, and it gets annoying.

That said, most of our guild is also done gearing up, so I really only run heroics now to do the Rep grind on my remaining factions D:

Wrath Heroics were only difficult because you were doing them in Level 70 epics.

Now with quest / dungeon blues being much better, you need to have at least run the normal dungeons a few times and then step up to the heroics. Blizzard just added this step, instead of just hitting 85, jumping into the new Cata naxx and collecting purples.

I just got kicked out from a hc group with 4 other players. 4/2 from 2 random guilds, I pulled my weight, so it wasnt becaus of that I got kicked. They simple wanted to get another guildmember. Awesome 40 min queue for nothing.

I guess that heroics cater a bit more for guilds atm and I dont realy have a problem with that as long as they dont think they are walking gods of all heroics just because they are in a guild group. Unfortunatly people in my own 10 man guild are either slow leveling or away for holliday reasons.

I think that the queues will go down soon though, since more people are getting the gear. I realy like the challenge of what the heroics have become however
    Last edited by Ithy; 2010-12-13 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    Go get a guild then? this is a social game, its not a game where you go group up with 4 other random people and hope to get phat blues.

Heroics are not hard, people need to get that out of their heads, they are a retard check, dps the adds, move out of the fire and use your cooldown on the taunt at the obvious big attack of doom.
    Sound advice for someone who focuses on their main character. For altheads it's a different story. Give it a few months IMO. Pugs will never be good, but they'll learn to adapt to some degree. Until then just play your guilded main.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    Heroics are not hard, people need to get that out of their heads, they are a retard check, dps the adds, move out of the fire and use your cooldown on the taunt at the obvious big attack of doom.
    I call bullshit on this statement.

You have clearly not had much heroic experience if you think this is true.

While I have no definitive proof of this, I strongly suspect the tanks aren't randomly queuing. The bottle neck on how fast a group forms is always the tanks and heals. Aside from a once-in-a-blue-moon while leveling with my healer friend there's a reason a tank or tank/healer combo always gets an (almost) instant queue.

As a tank I have to take a lot of responsibility off of my shoulders and trust it to strangers. I have a bit of an issue doing that, but I've found that by using the vote kick option freely most people are either good with their CC jobs or find themselves back in a 40 minute queue mightly quickly.
    This is it exactly. Tanks can get guild groups, and anyone who's tanked knows that the wins are 100% on DPS/CC/Healing. They've simplified tanking and what tanks have to do to the point that most of the heroics are just "stand there tanking boss" while the dps does complicated crap.

If the dps sucks or the healing can't keep up / isn't used to being smart with mana you will die. Unless you cheat the iLVL rating system (by putting items in bags that you'd never equip with high ilvl to boost your score) everyone SHOULD be capable of beating certain heroics. Not CCing the right mob or pulling it away before killing or "standing in the bad" has nothing to do with gear, and just typically doesn't happen to a tank.

With my heroic experience I tend to prefer a guild group simply because we are talking on vent and learning together. some pug who has "time constraints" but queues anyway? no thanks. someone who MIGHT leave after a while? No thanks.

One issue with heroics is that they take a very long time, and the "queue + debuff" for abandoning them is still a time saver.

I would also much rather run them with guildmembers simply because the experience will spread in the guild and make the repeatable pool of players i can go with smarter. that happens at a much slower pace in pug-world.

---------- Post added 2010-12-13 at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ithy View Post
    I just got kicked out from a hc group with 4 other players. 4/2 from 2 random guilds, I pulled my weight, so it wasnt becaus of that I got kicked. They simple wanted to get another guildmember. Awesome 40 min queue for nothing.

I guess that heroics cater a bit more for guilds atm and I dont realy have a problem with that as long as they dont think they are walking gods of all heroics just because they are in a guild group. Unfortunatly people in my own 10 man guild are either slow leveling or away for holliday reasons.

I think that the queues will go down soon though, since more people are getting the gear. I realy like the challenge of what the heroics have become however
    This is a real problem. Unfortunately you can either have a tool that allows you to kick retards and it might get used just to fill a group with a guildmember, OR, you can't and retards gone wild.

Just another reason I would not pug right now.

PUGs aren't all that bad. Yes, it might take time to find a good one, but still for me most of the PUGs have been pretty ok. The most usual causes of problem for me (as a healer) are bad dps. Even if tank takes quite a bit damage, I still can manage to heal through it w/o going oom quickly, but when DPS fails, the required AoE/distributed healing eats up my resources. Ofc it's up to me to decide who lives and who doesn't. And in that priority list DPS are the last ones.

Luckily damage doers are expendable: if they can not pull their weight, ignore advices and/or explained tactics it's better for them to go back to normal instances to learn how to play. For me there has to be reason to initiate a vote kick for a group member, a guild member wanting to join the same group is not one of them.

Most of the people doing Heroics without a guild group and people living on the WotLK mentality - They will take time to adjust to actually having to think about a pull.

It's been a week =P Ofc its going to be hard. Give it a month, you will be crying for harder instances

Being a in a guild doesn't magically make you a better player.

10+ Year Old Account
    i personally didnt mind facerolling the trash in wrath :/ but the must harder bosses of cataclysm have made this game actually fun once again

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing
    ----------------------------------------

Heroics are indeed hard, but I expect that a lot of this comes from people still suffering from what I like to call Wrath Syndrome. Healers spamming mana intensive heals, tanks never blowing CDs, DPS just standing in stuff and not interrupting, DPS trying to Blizzard/Rain of Fire/Whathaveyou every pull, stuff like that.

In time, people will know the fights and realize that they have to adjust.

Aside from that, it really seems that you can't be guildless this expansion, for various reasons. Even smaller guilds are rather gimped, which is a shame, considering I am kind of stuff in an odd position. I am currently in a guild with two friends of mine, who are rather stubborn in regards to joining a larger guild. It's pretty hopeless trying to get a decent guild up and running at this point, with the incentives to stay in one guild, so I am torn.

some people pointed it out.

I think Blizz made heroics harder or less faceroll so players can learn WoW the best way before going into raids. Blizzard wants pugs and less hardcore players to go in raids and enjoy the content, but for it, encounters must be challenging AND accessible to everyone. The best way to it is to bring every player to the raid skill level.

I done most of the Heroics already and it seem to me every-time a druid is the healer means we not going to get it completed

10+ Year Old Account
    They made heroics with competent players in mind. It is easier to find said players if you are in a guild with them, instead of relying on chance. That being said, it is possible to get a non-retarded pug.