Thread: Is this a bug?

Is this a bug?

Last night my guild tried Halfus Wyrmbreaker for the first time and it seemed a bit strange because on the pull he had the 100% attack speed frenzy buff and the shadow nova knockback.

I have seen many videos of this boss and was actually in beta with him and he didn't have either of those buffs on the pull and it seems a bit weird to me, especially as a pala healer since we used the 2 tank, 2 healer and 6 dps setup so when we pull he beats on the tank hard and deals considerable raid dmg and knockbacks.

After a few wipes I checked the Internet to see if this is meant to happen but I couldn't see anything that showed the boss with said buffs on the pull so is this a bug or did blizz make a very late change to the boss before release?

15+ Year Old Account
    I know that Blizzard made a lot of changes to the boss right before the beta went down. The entire fight is basically changed. If you watch Totalbiscuit's Halfus wipes/explanation and then go to Live and check it out, it's WAY different. I think the reason for the changes is that they weren't want to have the RNG of the random drake selection be a factor in world firsts.

As for this specific mechanic, I can't say because I haven't seen/done the new fight, but it is very possible it is intended and not a bug.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    kill 2 dragons first, then nuke boss dpwn

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could try with 3 healers, and put a paladin or a warrior for tanking the boss+drake combo; dudu's take TONS of dmg.

Also I am not sure, but we were pulling the boss, talk with the dragons, and wait for the dragons to attack the boss or something, before attacking/tanking them.

Also, put your interrupters to work cause it's vital. Tank the first dragon to be killed with the boss, ask interrupts to take the boss in focus to see its castbar, and use their focus-interrupt macros while nuking the drake.

Hmm... Ok then since so much has changed is there anyone who can recomend the drake to free for a first kill?