Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elguappo View Post
    i find this hard to believe. But i havent started leveling my hutner to 85 yet so ill have to try it.
    It's true, some mobs just run over it and the next one behind that mob that doesn't need to be trapped, eventually gets trapped -_-

Bringing CC back to dungeons + Randon dungeon finder = bad idea together.

Back in the day when you didnt have trap launcher you acually had to scattershot or distract pull the mob away from the tank and trap it there. Might be worth a try and this way if ur trap breaks ur near it to drop an other one.

Vanilla chain trapping 2 mobs ftw! was so fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elguappo View Post
    Very easy solution to this.

Its called distracting shot --> lay trap --> back up a few steps---> switch target to tanks target.
    i honestly dont think ill be using trap launcher with freeze trap....i rather enjoy distracting shot into a trap and kiting it inbetween trap cooldowns. i missed using CC on my hunter all of wrath (also a day 1 hunter from classic). what i've always found easiest was to have the tank taunt to start a pull, and the mage sheep, hunter trap, warlock seduce, shaman hex, blah blah blah, right after the taunt pull. even when ive used distracting shot to pull a mob to my trap...i always make sure my trap is away from where the tank wants to be, so no cleaves or aoe moves will hit it.

As a hunter im loving CC pulling with traps and wyvern sting when in a pinch ... Imma validating my party spot etc.

also camo = win!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhope View Post
    Back in the day when you didnt have trap launcher you acually had to scattershot or distract pull the mob away from the tank and trap it there. Might be worth a try and this way if ur trap breaks ur near it to drop an other one.

Vanilla chain trapping 2 mobs ftw! was so fun.
    triple trapping was more enjoyable, although you couldnt chain it.

Quote Originally Posted by rolo4804 View Post
    triple trapping was more enjoyable, although you couldnt chain it.
    On the flip side, now you can triple CC while chaining two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilsocks View Post
    This! 99% of the time I dare to run a dungeon without taking 4 members of my guild.
    and i think that is one of Cataclysm's greatest features, the elimination of the Pug. anytime i want to run a dungeon, it's just a message in guild chat and i have a group. i get the benefits of not having a group of skilled players(or at least players that listen) and the guild benefits from it

Two important facts: Tanks are infallible. Hunters are noobs.
    If the Tank (or anyone else) breaks your trap, it's always the Hunter's fault.

If you believe this this, stop reading. Cataclysm is too hard, you will always fail.

If you saw the first two lines as BS, start working together and learn to tell each other what to expect on a pull. You'll soon be back to complaining that the game is too easy.

Aww, good old times when Hunters could just pull threat and make mobs go into their traps <3

Not only is it easier for the hunter, it's also easier on your other cc'ers.

I tell my guild groups that as soon as the hunter trap lands, start casting your hex, polymorph, bind elemental, whatever. As soon as the group pulls your cc will go off and all three mobs will be bunched up way away from any accidental cc breakers.

If a tank has problems pulling 1 or 2 mobs running at a dps from 30 yards, then find yourself a new tank; unless your dps is being stupid.

On a side note, the biggest benefit I am seeing for CC (beyond not wiping of course) is that healers don't have to use much mana to keep the tank up. When you have 1-2 mobs hitting the tank the healers should be using their most efficient heal (which is usually much slower). In the long run this saves a ton of time over drinking for 30 seconds every pull, which is pretty common right now in alot of stupid pug groups.

Only time your healer should have to drink is right before/after a boss fight. If this isn't the case, then you guys are probably doing something wrong (unless you have a terrible group comp for cc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirgid View Post
    The players throw their CC right in the middle of DnD, CC also gets spoilt by Blood Boil and even Heart Strike, and the players then accuse me of being a bad tank for breaking CC.
    this happened to me about a million times yesterday in halls of origination, except the tank kept breaking the cc......
    tank: mage sheep moon
    me: k *run up into position while healer gets mana*
    tank: heals has mana kgo
    me: *casts sheep, group comes towards me, tank picks them up, runs right over to the cc'd mob and does that aoe threat thing warriors have, breaking the cc*
    then I get to sit there for the first half of the fight playing with the caster that was supposed to be a sheep cause the tank can't seem to decide that he wanted to kill it last...

For this very reason i refuse to pug any heroics right now.
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aftermidnight View Post
    Tank: Mage, sheep moon.
    Tank: Hunter, trap star.
    <this is the time to fire your trap>
    *Tank starts running towards mobs*
    <this is indeed not the time to trap and if you missed your Q then you're a bad player>

Screw CC pulls.
    This would work with people who knows eachother, in a random, no effing way. I play both a tank and a hunter as my main/2nd main.

CC pulls is safest option in randoms. Set up marks ftw, and learn to communicate beyond 'hi'.