Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    20% crit with all crit reforged to mastry i was around 25~ w/o reforge i have plenty of stats to go around
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...shock/advanced

im really happy with my stats in BLUES!

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Says View Post
    By the time ICC came around, combat ratings were WAY overtuned. With full buffs and a boss fully debuff'd I was nearing 65-70% crit, which is kind or ridiculous. So blizzard made the (wise) decision and in this expansion we won't get as much rating. And not nearly as quick.

Don't worry, your dps should still be comparable to everyone else if you're playing well. You just don't get to see as many big numbers.

As for reforging, you should think like this (for fire and frost at least) this is your priority:

Hit (if you're not capped) > Crit > Haste > Mastery.

So, assuming your hit capped, if you get an item with hit and haste, you'll want to reforge the haste to crit. Or if it has mastery, then mastery to crit. Just make sure you have 17% hit self-buffed, then reforge anything else to crit. There's a sticky at the top that goes into this a lot more detailed.
    Eh, I hear in a lot of top end guilds, mages are trailing off the meters compared to other classes, due to how we're forced into reforging and gemming so much hit rating that some classes either get a break on, such as boomkins and spriests, or just seem to not suffer as extreme from the stat relocation (as in the case of warlocks).

Deleted
    3% as frost DK =(

edit -- just realised this is mage forum! sorry mages :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you people even being serious right now lol? It's the beginning of the expansion. It's been SEVEN DAYS. You don't have good gear yet. Last time I checked, you didn't have 30+% crit when BC launched, nor WOTLK.
    I swear, use your brains.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

blizzard said, that they wanted a big crit to feel "more special".

i'm at 13% now as shadowpriest... its jsut like that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Are you people even being serious right now lol? It's the beginning of the expansion. It's been SEVEN DAYS. You don't have good gear yet. Last time I checked, you didn't have 30+% crit when BC launched, nor WOTLK.
    I swear, use your brains.
    no, but i think i had more than 5% crit when i dingld 80 / 70 :P could be wrong i cannot remember that far back

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjr View Post
    Won't this lack of crit hurt fire more than any other spec? Especially with the amount of mastery we see on the new gear. The fire Mastery is not good. It only applies to periodic damage the best of which comes from crits which bring us back around the to first point.
    yeah fire is 100% based on crit, its very gear dependent. I personally have levelled an undead mage, playing slightly in the end of Wrath. i've been arcane since he was level 10, currently level 84,http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rmistus/simple, just your standard questing blues and greens. so i did vortex pinnacle the other day with a hunter,rogue, dk tank, shaman healer (comp) and at 6% hit, 15% crit roughly, with arcane power, images and bloodlust from the sham, i could pull 10-11k no problem, steady about 9.7k after arcane power fades. i would say ditch fire and frost, but thats me. its still an amazing 3 button mash, except you dps till 40-45% mana, then evocate, then when you get back to around 20%, you mana gem, then you pot after you get back under half mana, etc etc. play with it. it works, and well. believe me.