Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFlames View Post
    That's not the point in this thread.

And I dont see why you would add this to a thread. It seems like you feel insulted by what the OP said and think its personal and should say something ''insulting'' back, very paternising.
    You hid your emotional reactions well, great idea with the projection too. You are obviously emotionally invested in this thread and its subject, as you were quick to jump in and brag about how you bring these terrible tyrants down to earth with a swift kick. You even try to smash the conception that tanks are a rarity of sorts, something that simply is undeniable. Forget about him being insulted, you are burning with suppressed rage inside at the thought of these evil tanks. FrozenFlames, bringer of justice, kicker of god-complex tanks, fear not good citzens, the arrogant have fallen under this righteous man's will, never again shall a tank's ego inflate due to this role and the scarcity of it. Transparent like the clearest of glass.

Hahaha. I'd love to know the purpose of this thread. It serves no practical purpose at all, there's nothing to be gained from pointless impractical categorisations and generalisations, but I suppose people just love bitching.
    "The truth, my goal."

I dont understand why anyone would take offense to being told a new strat. We're all learning this together atm. Now if you're just being a jerk and trying to tell everyone else what they're doing wrong then dont expect your input to be appreciated. If you're just offering a general strat or helpful tip for a fight though, then I certainly wouldnt have a problem with it. And tanks not interrupting is just lazy. Hell I interrupt the majority of the time, in part because I can and in part because I dont trust the average dps to do it. It takes a lot for me to vote kick someone though. Pretty much only way I do it is if they're just being a total jerk or if they afk the whole time.

for sure there are tanks that give other tanks a bad name, but there are more dps that give dps a bad name IMO. good tanking as a concept is twice as hard as dps for any tank. what i want to know is when are dps gonna realize that they should really give tanks a chance to work a rotation on 5-7 mobs instead of dpsing shit before a tank has ANY threat. yes we are all impressed at your 9 million dps but your a fool for thinking that i have an endless amount of taunts to get a pack of mobs off of you because you decided you can do it yourself at 60k health as a priest instead of my 139k as a paladin....

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont want to speak for all tanks because lets face it there are tanks that have serious issues. But, I would have to say that my 'god' complex was created by the DPS and Healers of the world. Primarily because as the Tank you are looked to be the unofficial leader of the group, know the pulls, and the encounters. Due to this it became my job to know everything about every encounter and having the other 4-9/8 (depending on if I am OT or MT) lean on you for a raid it becomes created over time.

I think the main difference between a good tank and a bad tank though is one who can take advice. Especialy on new content. I dont have Cata yet due to some delicate finances and the fact that my parents no longer purchase me games. So I know that when I get into the new raids and instances I will be relying heavily on websites like youtube and tankspot as well as other players so that I can learn the new encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    You hid your emotional reactions well, great idea with the projection too. You are obviously emotionally invested in this thread and its subject, as you were quick to jump in and brag about how you bring these terrible tyrants down to earth with a swift kick. You even try to smash the conception that tanks are a rarity of sorts, something that simply is undeniable. Forget about him being insulted, you are burning with suppressed rage inside at the thought of these evil tanks. FrozenFlames, bringer of justice, kicker of god-complex tanks, fear not good citzens, the arrogant have fallen under this righteous man's will, never again shall a tank's ego inflate due to this role and the scarcity of it. Transparent like the clearest of glass.

Hahaha. I'd love to know the purpose of this thread. It serves no practical purpose at all, there's nothing to be gained from pointless impractical categorisations and generalisations, but I suppose people just love bitching.
    You're right. A lot of this is fueled by my hatred, loathing and depression over the luck I've had with RNG.

I'm angry that I have to spend an hour in a queue for a group that lasts 10 minutes because the tank thinks he's God. Tank doesn't want to CC? No problem! We'll just facepull everything! Tank doesn't want to wait for mana? Too fucking bad! Tank wants to tank the snakes on the floor of the Temple Guardian Anhuur encounter in Halls of Origination? Why not!

Try and speak up.. hahaha, kicked!

Meanwhile, I sit in my 60 minute queue and this tank goes and brings down everyone else 6 seconds later.

I'm more than capable of hating on others but I find tanks are the worst. Again, not saying all tanks are bad, just saying they're the worst.
    What wet dreams are made of!

Cool Haha!

I have been playing WoW now for 6 years, since the beginning. I have been a tank since day 1! Yes, I leveled to 60 being a tank cuz i didnt know any better back then...lol! But as far as "god" complex goes, we tanks are the sole reason you dps dont die every single blessed time! SO if a tank starts making his own rules, either deal with it or boot us and then wait in the que for the next poor bastard to come along thats gonna listen to your nonsense about interupts and the like. I find this thread to be a bit upsetting considering we are also the reason you dont leave every encounter with a 100g repair bill. SO in closing, YOUR WELCOME and thank a tank!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    The actual reason most tanks (myself included sometimes probably) is because we tanks have a certain personality. Just like healers are normally relaxed, kind, and gentle, tanks are leaders that are looking out for their fellow man. You will always get the occasional moron that will try to be special, but most *good* tanks are constantly looking around, constantly talking about the fight even while IN the fight, and always looking at fight strategies. I know that for myself, I was looking up strategies for every boss for NORMAL MODES (I love this expansion in that you need to have a strategy to beat normal modes. It's what PvE should be)!

So just know that if a tank is doing poorly, blacklist them. Add them to your ignore list and move on.

You are just a hurt DPS taking it out on us poor tanks.

We don't think we are gods, you just had some bad luck on your side. And why do people always say that pugs are just retared? Because one of DPS usually fails

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    Every dps thinks they are amazing and know every encounter and that every encounter is easy and the tank is fail if anything goes wrong ...yet they never play healers or Tanks ( very rare for a dps to also have a tank ) . I don't even bother with the jerk attitude most dps have I just wait blow my cooldowns and pull bosses and bubble ... then I LOL as they all die and then I leave group
    This ladies and gentlemen is what we call a "douche bag".

Quote Originally Posted by Aruzar View Post
    Also to those saying "Supply and Demand":

Shouldn't there be some form of checks and balances in place to prevent this crap from happening?
    There are checks and balances. When I have a bad experience with a tank, I consider doing the tanking myself. If it gets really bad, I'll actually make the switch.

Deleted
    Tanking is most stressful, im sure they need to vent it somehow,

in terms of stress:

Tank>Healer>DPS

everyone can be a douche, just if your tank is a douche everyone notices it more because he's essentially leading the party.

95% of tanks are baddies, elitist and or fucking douchebags.

as a healer I get shitty dps and/or shitty tank. I wish tanks were all god like at least I'd have a second strong pillar in my group.

I remember a tank pulling when I was oom because of trash mob where I pulled 6k+ hps with like 9% overhealing because the stupid ret pal likes cleaves. I stopped healing them bad dps and after a while they quit in frustration.

Deleted
    If you are explaining to people what you think is going wrong and it is well done as it means u are helping the group and a lot of the player base a lot.
    If people are not listening and refusing to learn the fights or adapting to differnent tactics and not learning what they did wrong then its there fault to sort it out.
    On my tank had nps at all running with guildys and friends doing the normals and helping them to gear and heroics yep we wipe los whllst learning the fights and pulls but all of us learning something all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're right. A lot of this is fueled by my hatred, loathing and depression over the luck I've had with RNG.

I'm angry that I have to spend an hour in a queue for a group that lasts 10 minutes because the tank thinks he's God. Tank doesn't want to CC? No problem! We'll just facepull everything! Tank doesn't want to wait for mana? Too fucking bad! Tank wants to tank the snakes on the floor of the Temple Guardian Anhuur encounter in Halls of Origination? Why not!

Meanwhile, I sit in my 60 minute queue and this tank goes and brings down everyone else 6 seconds later.

I'm more than capable of hating on others but I find tanks are the worst. Again, not saying all tanks are bad, just saying they're the worst.
    Well, if there's something that gets people particularly wound up and hungrily hateful, it's arrogance. You see an arrogant son of a bitch, who actually doesn't have anywhere near the kind of level of expertise that warrants the attitude, and you are going to want to see them brought back down to earth and get their just desserts, especially if they are mistreating you. We all want to see the mistakenly arrogant fall and crumble, that's why I understand why this particular thing strikes such a chord.
    You should try some vulcan techniques for suppressing these emotions!

I just found it amusing that the other poster acted as if he wasn't under the influence of hate by projecting it onto someone else. Actually acting like you're above being peeved by arrogance in a careful act of deception, and I dislike that. Of course, I could be wrong, but the signs are all there.
    "The truth, my goal."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    95% of tanks are baddies, elitist and or fucking douchebags.

as a healer I get shitty dps and/or shitty tank. I wish tanks were all god like at least I'd have a second strong pillar in my group.
    erm.... sounds to me that your saying your better than other people, isnt that the definition of elitist?

Quote Originally Posted by Alta87 View Post
    You are just a hurt DPS taking it out on us poor tanks.

We don't think we are gods, you just had some bad luck on your side. And why do people always say that pugs are just retared? Because one of DPS usually fails
    Hold on. So a tank facepulling an entire room is a DPSs' fault? A tank not calling for CC is a DPSs' fault? A tank not knowing the mechanics of an encounter is the DPSs' fault?

The only real issues I find with players in an overall sense is EVERYONE doesn't understand the mechanics and dies to stupid things. However, tanks just appear to be the more arrogant ones.

Deleted
    However, tanks just appear to be the more arrogant ones.
    This on a massive scale, as a healer i've seen tanks get slated because they are the pillar of the group and if they dont "measure up" then they get aggro off the group, a lot of the time unfairly.

Uhm, I honestly do not understand what tanks you're talking about.

A tank should ALWAYS interrupt if they can and should.

When I queue as dps, I generally just ignore them and try and do my job. Even though I would very much like to tell them how ignorant they are and how much they need to l2p... It isn't worth the queue time.

HOWEVER... when I queue as heals, since my queue time is only about 5 minutes, I will rip them a new one every single time.

Sometimes they ragequit, hardly matters though since it puts us in the front of the queue for a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    Tanks have more to do than DDs. they need to watch the threat on all targets = switching around as you only get info about the one youre targeting.
    DDs only need to watch out for their dps
    with the way heroics are now if all dps is doing is watching their dps they will probably be dead.