Don't queue or drop group.

I don't usually post this kind of stuff but as of late queueing for heroics or even a normal dungeon on my prot warrior I end up getting DPS that can't manage more than 5-6k in full 333+ gear. And healers going OOM because they spam flash heal and over heal a ton and don't get what's going on. If I say anything to the healer I usually get, "Yeah, thanks for the tip /sarcasm off" or some stupid remark. And as for the DPS, when I ask them nicely to leave group because for heroics it helps a ton when they can do 8-10k I get, "STFU NOOB, I'm going good.". So I continue, wipe on trash, get to the boss, can't kill the boss because the healer goes OOM in 10 seconds or the DPS can't kill adds fast enough etc. If you are one of these people please just drop group ffs. Thanks.

Do you wipe? This is a whole new experience for some people in some of the class mechanics have changed. Some people did not have the chance to expierence the beta/test phase nor do they have time to really try out stuff that pertains to 5 man runs until they get into those 5 man runs.

My suggestion to you would be to try and help out a little and if that doesn't work im sure your guild mates would love to run with you instead of you lining up and facing all the poop you put up with in randoms.

Based on your post it is probably the way and what you say to these people that you get the comments back.... just a guess though. You are probably a very nice, understanding and caring person williing to always help.......
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

To be fair to healers I have noticed a few issues, I play prot

1. Interrupts are not used enough. I got lazy myself in wrath. Once I started hitting every interrupt (DPS needs to help) I noticed a lot less damage to me and others

2. We all have to avoid the damage we can. All to often I see ranged finishing their cast. Don't do that, move now. I myself got lazy again and just stood in crap cause I could as a tank in wrath. That is a wipe now.

When I see DPS doing their job and tanks (me) doing it right the healer does not go oom. The design right now is DPS/tanks need to L2P or your healer will go oom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, some people just don't get it yet. In time they will or won't try to be courteous and enjoy the new content. As a tank you can instaQ as it is.

Try inspecting some and see if you notice a hookie spec or bad gearing choices. I was running with a guildie hunter who was using whatever the highest ilevel pieces he had (str mace, spirit mail chest, etc.) he was unaware that the new GS thing took into acct what he had in his bags.

tldr; don't be a dick, try to help

Then may I also complain as a dps.
    I am in a queue for 40 min and when I join the healer and tank leave in 2-3min before I even got to do a single kill. (I always seem to get runs that are already in progress and they have been wiping on a boss).
    Yesterday it took me a total of 4 freaking hours to get a whole 30rep (a whole 2 trash mobs) before the tank left again because his guild needed him and I gave up for that night.

The tanks have it way to easy with there instant queue and don't seem to care about the dps that has been waiting for hours to get a single boss kill.

A guild group is not currently a option because we only have 1-2 lvl 85 tank at the moment with 6-7 lvl 85 healers and about 30-33 lvl 85 dps. (we have more but that is what is online on a regular night now). The lack of tanks is because our regular tanks from lvl 80 are all from the same family and are all on vacation at the moment (mother, father and son all have a tank and there daughter is a healer).
    So there are only 1 or 2 guild groups at the same time while the rest has to pug a tank and possible healer.
    justicars.blogspot.com All info you need for tanking as a cleric and more
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offence, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

Don't worry they will be faceroll again soon, either Blizz will nerf them to cater to these said bads or they will just be outgeared, either way by T12 nobody will have learned anything about CC or how to play it will just be a distant memory like TBC heroics.

Deleted
    usually healers going oom is the dps/tanks fault, i'm dps btw in case you think i'm healing, stupid tanks/dps getting unneccesary dmg give the healers a hard job

Well that's the thing, I try and help when I can. I have an 80 hunter and mage also. But most the time people think I'm being 'elitist' or they just want to be left alone to 'play how they feel like playing' since... "It's my 15 a month." So, over all, take the advice or GTFO. My interupts always on CD, I fully debuff all mobs, I don't break CC and use it when I can etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    1. Interrupts are not used enough.
    I've noticed this too. as a mage I'm usually polymorphing stuff left and right and trying to silence mobs as much as I can, but with only one silence (I'm not counting arcane torrent cause I don't wanna be up in face bashing distance) that has a 30 sec cd I can only do so much. I was grouped with a ret pally the other day who WOULD NOT for the life of him use rebuke to stun one of the casters in halls of origination. our tank requested cc's left and right and I did as much as I could but, alas, I am only one mage and cannot turtle an entire instance on my own, wtb more cc's from people other than me T.T

and it did seem like after we got cc's going off in that group our tank was taking a lot less damage, but our heals still went oom cause he was a resto druid and was spamming reju every second he could

I stopped queueing for normals without a guild tank. That ended the 45+ minute wait as dps.

I was tree for all of Wrath, with a bear secondary. I went kitty for leveling (should have gone boom, but didn't think that one through too well) - and am now using the last few quests as well as dungeons to regear for tree. I have nearly a full set, and healed the Crucible for a guild run - first healing at 85 I've done.

My experience - I have 65k mana, which isn't near enough. My heals are 5k - 9k mana each. My tank has 119k HP (we're both just slightly too low to enter heroics - so his HP will only get higher). My heals don't tick enough if he's taking more than nominal amount of damage.

The Crucible was a great place to cut my teeth (I'll definitely be volunteering to heal it for future runs) - lots of different damage types; the bosses have good variety; and the whole thing is pretty quick. I learned very quickly to ration my spell casting - let rejuve tick completely, use regrowth minimally, very much use swiftmend and efflorescence every cooldown. Slow is fast, fast is dead - excellent words to live by with the new healing mechanics. If I ever get to 250k mana, and never go oom despite the amount of healing I'm pumping out, things will be different.

It's hard - and learning how to do it well is fun - I just wish people had more patience to learn.

I fully recommend, if it's at all possible, to learn each dungeon slowly, with a guild group, so you know the mechanics of each one, before jumping into LFG - I tried Grim Batol last night, cold turkey - and the tank dropped when we didn't kill everything on the dragon run (I didn't have a clue what was going on, and there was no communication)... talk about floundering. That was not a fun experience.