10+ Year Old Account

A New Rash of Griefers

Has anyone noticed a recent increase in dungeon griefers? It has happened to me about 6 times now, mostly in lower level dungeons, with the two worst being the following;

First group I queue in to see the tank and the healer both are from the same server, no guild, and have names I can't even repeat here. Pull after pull the tank pretends to go in and stops dead in his tracks and the healer doesn't cast a single heal on anyone. Group finally breaks up.

Second group I queue as a tank, I ask if everyone is ready and everyone responds that they are. As soon as we get to a larger trash pack I die. I notice no heals went out even though the healer is clearly moving around, he says "Oops, lol. I'm distracted." As I run back in I ask if he's un-distracted now, he says yes and I pull. Same thing happens. I let him do this to me 4 times before I decide he's being intentionally malicious and drop group. I get slapped with a full 30 minute Deserter debuff.

Now, I'm asking if anyone else has noticed an increase in this style of griefing and also if there are any ways to combat it as the Vote to Kick tool is largely bugged and/or useless early on.

Project Troll Roll | Signature Requests: Open

Deleted
    Without a doubt :/

Personally my worst was in Stonecore when I was repeatedly made the group scapegoat and on the end boss got the blame for wiping because I didn't do a good enough job of "protecting" the healer from the mobs of followers with my AoE. So next time we're in I do as they were complaining, stood next to the healer and focused on AoE'ing the mobs as they came at them and everyone else concentrated on the boss like I was purely responsible for the followers. Huge pack comes, my AoE gathers threat, I get zerged by them all and die. The healer soon follows suit and then the group dies due to lack of heals.

When we're corpserunning back the tank says, "Mage how did you die?" I reply that I died when I got rushed by the mob when I was protecting the healer like they told me to. Next thing I know I've been votekicked -.-'

Also got votekicked in BRC for trying to tell the tank tactics for one of the bosses after we wiped on it first time and he went in a sulk, saying I was a bossy asshole who wasn't the tank so don't tell him how to do his job.

The griefers are really out in force as of late.

Always remember you can ignore cross server. If everyone starts doing this the bad people will find it is harder and harder to get groups.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

and have names I can't even repeat here.
    When I was knocking out Loremaster I was doing some questing in Ashenvale when I came across two characters, both elven hunters, with names suggesting large genitalia. They were of appropriate level for the zone and rudely suggested I go do things meant for level 80s. I reported and /friended them. After my ticket was answered, the next time I logged in I had two less offensive names on my friends list ^_^ Grief 'em back imo. They're 10 year olds, they deserve it.

I guess what I've seen lately falls in this category.

A pala prot, in BRD led us directly to the Fire Elemental boss so he could use the anvil.

I kept asking for us to go for Bael'gaz (guess that's his name) an he saying we dohim after fire elemental boss.

Has soon has he got his stuff done on the anvil. I asked to go back. He just answered "Oh yeah..." and left the party.

Last night in BRD same thing. healer and tank from the same guild. They kept making fun of everyone, insulting and even needing on stuff they didn't need! (priest needing on plate items).

So I started needing them too and when I won, I would ask everyone to re-roll and give the item to the higher roll...

Stupid people you can find everywhere. Even in WoW.