Tanks are making there jobs too hard.

so all week ive found myself doing fail heroics and maybe every 8th heroic group ive entered actually has a capable tank and healer. but 1 reoccuring theme seems to be happening. tanks are kiling them selves with taunting. ill give a few mechanics. 1st boss in grim batol. NEVER taunt the malignant trogg. kill him away from the group and kill the rest. BRC 3rd boss, the fire sprites. NEVER TAUNT THEM. a smart group will lead them out of the middle circle and kill them on the outside..unless you are going for as many stacks as possible.

That's just not knowing fights.
    Knowledge is a blue item. Rare. You've gotta work for it.

off topic: Don't kill the Malignant troll keep it CC'd and the fight turns into tank n spank + avoid charges as with at least one troll up no more spawn.

back on topic Do you tell em not to do this .. most people are still learning the new heroics and tanks will taunt by default to stop spawns eating dps/healing

Quote Originally Posted by machado View Post
    That's just not knowing fights.
    This. The expansion hasn't been out for even a week yet. General understanding of how every boss fight works won't be common for awhile. Be patient and provide explanation at the start of each fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    BRC 3rd boss, the fire sprites. NEVER TAUNT THEM. a smart group will lead them out of the middle circle and kill them on the outside..unless you are going for as many stacks as possible.
    There are 2-3 ways of doing that guy.
    1) You never let stacks drop and you use the fire adds to build magma puddles to reset his stacks. If well done, you can kill an add every 10 seconds and refresh it before it falls, start with 2 stacks, dps a little, touch center again, 4 stacks, let it fall, get adds, kill one, then keep refreshing the stacks with the dead adds and always moving him out of it so he doesnt get more than 1 stack from the puddle. This strategy is the easiest but takes good communication and its not a good strategy if you have more than 1 melee dps.
    2) You let stacks drop all the time, instead of using the adds to refresh it, you use the center, someone cc/burn the adds away from group, tank handle boss on center and just restack things to 4-5 everytime it drops. This strategy takes some time and your healer could OOM.

3) The real man's way. You will never see an add on this strategy, and consists of using the center constantly to refresh his stacks, melee dps will have very little uptime, and consists on moving constantly from a side to another of map, making the boss cross by the center magma (by the corner, or he will gain 2 stacks everytime), a warrior can just bounce all over the place, healer has very little to heal, and dps can burn the guy quickly.

NEVER taunt the malignant trogg. kill him away from the group and kill the rest.
    DONT KILL THE REST. Unless those small adds do some significant damage, like more than 5k per swing, never touch them, ignore them completely.
    1) You lose dps, and some classes need ramp up time (spriests, locks, mut rogues), they have too little health and if 2-3 of you switch to him, you will be wasting time as they are not elites and will die in 3 yellow hits.
    2) A tank can aoe/cleave them down easily, and in some cases it even benefits them, a warrior gets victory rush procs on 80% of the bosses that spawn little adds during a fight (hi stonecore first boss).
    Last edited by shadowkras; 2010-12-13 at 04:26 PM.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojodan View Post
    This. The expansion hasn't been out for even a week yet. General understanding of how every boss fight works won't be common for awhile. Be patient and provide explanation at the start of each fight.
    apparently most people don't know that. i've had a few ragequits because te tank didn't know the fight, and i'm not even in heroics yet

From what I've experienced tanks are learning things just like everyone else.

I was in Grim Batol last night and the tank did not listen to me when I suggested we CC some of the enemies. She continually charged forward into groups and tanked as if this was still WotLK. While you can get away with this on some packs of enemies its impossible as you continue.

People have to re-learn how to play this game and its hard if you joined WoW in WotLK. Northrend taught those new players that packs of enemies can be fought and it taught healers that their mana pool was impossible to drain. Now that enemies HP is high and damage increased coupled with the healers now having to manage their mana people are dying because of the learning curve.

People don't like messing up and egos get bruised. Tanks need to learn how to remark and what class has which type of CC. DPS need to learn how to avoid damage (such as standing behind a mob that can cleave and which mob has an AoE you need to avoid). It's all learning. Have patience but don't drop a group if they hit a snag.