10+ Year Old Account

Improoving the Auction House

Recently, while i was selling materials on the auction house, I noticed that certain people are listing the materials at 1 copper bid price, although the real price of the item is 60-70g which means, for my auction to be listed in front of them i have to list my item for 1 copper bid price as well. The problem with this is that if somebody doesnt buyout my auction, i have to cancel the auction myself before it expires, or someone will get the item for a very low cost. I do aproove of the concept of the auction house, but i dont like having to check my items before they expire the whole time.
    So in order to improove the way in which the auction house works, i have figured out a few things that may or may not work.

1. Completely remove bids and let the items be sold trough buyout only. I dont think that bidding really works nowadays, as most of the stuff is getting sold with the buyout price.
    2. Set a rule that says: Items can not be listed with a bid that is below 70% of the buyout price.
    3. In the auction interface, let items be listed from cheapest to most expensive by their buyout price instead of their bid price.

I hope that i will see replys from people who have encountered this problem, and also it would be nice to get a blue post about blizzard's thoughts in this area.

10+ Year Old Account
    The AH does list them by buyout price, and only if the buyout price is the same does it consider the bid price. If you want to appear first but not use such a low bid price, just reduce the buyout price a bit. Even making the buyout price one copper lower than the lowest competitor will make yours show up first, even if the bid price is much higher than theirs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats nice to hear, I didnt know this. Thanks for the reply

Your ideas do sound nice, though the bidding system is still used (like 2+ people after the same rare item the seller can bid them out) but the not allowing the bid lower than 70% doesnt sound bad, i admit its anoying that someone will list things at the same price as you, but them lower the Bid price to take presidence in the list of the items

if your still worried about it, bid the 1 copper for the other guys stuff and place your item/s on the auction house as well. win win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyturtle View Post
    if your still worried about it, bid the 1 copper for the other guys stuff and place your item/s on the auction house as well. win win.
    I just think its a flaw in the mechanic of the auction house and i dont consider it fun to play with the bids like that.