Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    as a mage i can see where you are coming from with mages being op but that is coz of no gear once arenas start i think you will find mages arent as op as you all say, with all healers being able to despell magic and mages lost alot of despell foder (winters chill ect) along with the cast time nerf on poly you will see them being pretty balanced, im looking forward to seeing how it all turns out tomoro cant w8

ps war games ftw

No one has resilience and has forgotten how to pvp!

Oh, and warriors are free kills. If anything they need a buff, prot is the only viable pvp spec.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by magerific View Post
    as a mage i can see where you are coming from with mages being op but that is coz of no gear once arenas start i think you will find mages arent as op as you all say, with all healers being able to despell magic and mages lost alot of despell foder (winters chill ect) along with the cast time nerf on poly you will see them being pretty balanced, im looking forward to seeing how it all turns out tomoro cant w8

ps war games ftw
    I love how mages know they are currently op and try to use the "wait till everyone has good gear" excuse. Does this mean mages won't have good gear also? A mage in equal resil gear as their opponent will still hit alot harder than what you can do to them unless resil scales different for everyone else but mages. It'll just mean you'll have to take 15 seconds to blow me away rather than 10 seconds. Resil also won't fix the seemingly infinite defense/escape capabilities mages have on top of dissproportional dps. Resil won't even things out when we bothe have even resil period.

Arena season starts tomorrow. Just saying.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mages and Ferals are OP as hell.

Warrior damage is a bit on the higher side, but I'm fine with that Can basically gib anything in a few globals if I use Colossus Smash and then pop Recklesness, though it takes some setting up. Havent lost to any melee 1vs1 xcept one good rogue and a DK tank when I didnt have any CDs.

You cant do anything against Mages unless they are Fire/Arcane and dont have IB CD. Frost is just untouchable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireWrites View Post
    Basically what you just said is "Nerf paper, but scissors is fine" From, Rock.

Mages and Ferals are really the only extremely overpowered classes atm. Rogues could use a little work too, but not too much at all. Balance is pretty solid atm minus those specific classes.
    Rogues.. specifically combat rogues needs a buff.. since white damage was nerfed to the ground I haven't been able to do proper damage on my rogue..

warriors dont need a nerf if anything they need a buff..

yeah.. mages and feral's are abit OP.. and warlocks do need a buff... No wait! they dont xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of endless polar bear mounts, Iceland
    Mages and ferals need the most nerf. Warriors also could use a little bit of tuning down
    PvP or GTFO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireWrites View Post
    Basically what you just said is "Nerf paper, but scissors is fine" From, Rock.

Mages and Ferals are really the only extremely overpowered classes atm. Rogues could use a little work too, but not too much at all. Balance is pretty solid atm minus those specific classes.
    I wouldnt call it a balance.... look at retridins...look at hunters.... Retridins are the worst melee class -.-

Just to point out i dont actually find warriros that OP ... and NO i dont play one -.-
    -K

The only problem about mages in my opinion is the vast amount of control they have. Damage itself is rather fine with the new and huge health pools, but it's frustrating that they have a cooldown for pretty much every situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiboms View Post
    Go figure. Now nerf ferals and warriors
    did u have fun at lvl 80 precata mages? now its your turn to cry against feral and i hope they will not nerf them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuurmannetje View Post
    The reason why you dont see much whine yet is because at this point:

1 - Noone has proper pvp gear, and they know it
    2 - Most people are honor capped, thus only playing for one win for conquest points. Thus having less pvp encounters, and less encounters with mages
    3 - Without any gear, even mages die fast.

Yeah, as if any (or all together) of those 3 will stop people from complaining. It's just that there are more important things to whine about.
    FEAR the slayer of the gods, catcher of the souls, the doomsinger of everlasting sunset, the immortal happy-burn-till-not-even-ashes-remains prophet! The Sunflower!

I'm a Unholy DK and I've beaten every Mage, Shaman and Druid any spec in every single one of my dungeons and heriocs in total damage and dps except once in my first Grim Batol run where a shaman beat me because I wondered what the fire elementals did since I didn't know tactics and he flew away in total damage when I was dead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakisoba View Post
    I'm a Unholy DK and I've beaten every Mage, Shaman and Druid any spec in every single one of my dungeons and heriocs in total damage and dps except once in my first Grim Batol run where a shaman beat me because I wondered what the fire elementals did since I didn't know tactics and he flew away in total damage when I was dead.
    This is the PvP Forum, though. PvP-related anecdotes are allowed, but you'll probably just get flamed for talking heavily about PvE experiences here.
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-14 at 11:18 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

In my opinion pvp in battlegrounds is fairly balanced atm. I didn't see anyone 2-shots anyone. As a rogue I have problems with plate classes and ferals, as always. Demo warlocks seem to have too much control and stuns with no dr with felguard, which is a bit lame. Tbh I didn't have so much fun in pvp since years.

Why is it that nobody seems to understand that its been stated by the devs over and over again if you dps on a hybrid class your not going to be as high as a pure dps class the expac has been out for literally 7 days on the live servers and omg qq every where.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yetti7 View Post
    Why is it that nobody seems to understand that its been stated by the devs over and over again if you dps on a hybrid class your not going to be as high as a pure dps class the expac has been out for literally 7 days on the live servers and omg qq every where.
    I support that opinion sir.

Fair enough, but please add to your posts more next time! Just posting to agree is against the rules... Warned. ~Raven
    Last edited by Renagade Raven; 2010-12-14 at 02:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Mages and Ferals are still generally considered to be overpowered in PvP at 85.

A lot of it is people complaining because they lose to them, but I think there is a legitimate balance issue with both, most likely.
    Yeah obviously they complain because they lose, why else? They lose, not to the player but to ridiculously obvious broken classes.
    I dont think there ever was a time in WoW when balance was "perfect" and we will probably never see that day. Even now there are dozens of issues with multiple classes but what really stands out are feral druids and mages obliterating everything and everyone around them.

The reason you dont see any qq right now is because proper PvP has not started yet, people are occupied with doing PvE right now and the QQ will start very soon again (in fact, tomorrow is the starting point)

A mage was below the offtank on Halfus yesterday. The offtank were tanking the drakes.

mages are still OP......

1 mage vs 3 palas.....

TOOO MUCH KITING POSSIBLE!!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belgicanofl View Post
    Many classes need a serious nerf ; Mages, shadow priests, protadins, retradins, warriors and shamans. These classes do far too much damage and they completely unbalance pvp with ease. I'm hoping blizzard will rectify this, because it will make arena's very difficult over the next months...
    lol what.. Ret does too much dmg.. You must be failing hard if you think ret is doing too much dmg.