Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

80 healers can Kill 85 healers.

I ran into a holy pally yesterday while farming on my 80 resto druid. It jacked my node, and for lols I attacked it. We went back and forth for about 20 mins until he went oom...and I popped tree and killed him. I find it funny that because how combat ratings and regen changed from 80-85. So because his heals hot for about the same as mine and cost about 4x as much, it makes it so that given enough time I can kill them because I still have unlimited mana....providing I don't get 1 shotted.

It is silly fun, give it a try.

Beacon self cast divine protection, HS and CS you, HL self, stun you, pop AW and Inq. then cast judge,HS and spam Exo/HS/HoW until you're dead. Unfortunately you were dealing with a tard : /.

I can easily kill level 85 people on my holypala given enough time. Only classes that's hard to take down is warriors, retpaladins and mages.. frost mages.

The thing is... you have no idea how skilled (or unskilled) that player was. A level 75 player could feasibly take down a level 85 if the level 85 player sucks at their class (like so many people do). I think we all know... leveling to 85 does not require skill, nor does it require you to *know* your class.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can easily stand upside down on my eyebrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubb View Post
    Beacon self cast divine protection, HS and CS you, HL self, stun you, pop AW and Inq. then cast judge,HS and spam Exo/HS/HoW until you're dead. Unfortunately you were dealing with a tard : /.
    I'm pretty sure the pally was bad, I was more noting the fact, that and 85 will oom way before an 80 will.

It's actually true. A lvl 80 with lots of resilience does have a fair chance against a lvl 85. They will actually do more dmg than you do.

I was finishing up all the Hyjal quests for rep on my 85 Hunter, a 81 Lock kept killing me. Even with my health pool being almost triple his, I couldn't burst him down at all because of my shitty crit rating.

But maybe I just suck? Lmao.

I dont think you understand how combat ratings work. The percentage you get in your character pane represents your chance to do x versus a target of equal level. That's why we need more hit rating the higher level the target is. That's why a tank needs 102.4% to be unhittable, etc.

Go attack a lvl 10 mob, you will crit almost every time.

ITT: Bad Players.

(Rogue Reporting Out, We're fucking awesome atm)

Quote Originally Posted by Zhalseran View Post
    I dont think you understand how combat ratings work. The percentage you get in your character pane represents your chance to do x versus a target of equal level. That's why we need more hit rating the higher level the target is. That's why a tank needs 102.4% to be unhittable, etc.

No, That's not how it works ;0

just made me think shouldn't level 80 characters miss on level 85 characters? or pvp requires less hit?, though maybe you where dealing with a 85 on blues/green and you an 80 with epics, might have been also a good reason why that happened,hehe

Its really who will run out of mana first sometimes. Unfortunately I play a healing priest..soo....yah.

Quote Originally Posted by Palcica View Post
    I can easily stand upside down on my eyebrow.
    pic...or it didnt happen :P

I got attacked in Hyjal while doing archaeology by a 80 rogue. He almost killed me in the stun garrote combo and I have 99k hp. Of course I three-shot him but I had 8% life left when he died.

Welcome to Cataclysm healing is pretty worthless at the moment without resilience.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhalseran View Post

how does that work in pvp though? I think they use different math for mobs vs people. I could envision a world were Blizzard calculates crit based off your current level, properly applies crit increase vs mobs but not vs people.

If the hunter at 85 wasn't critting on the lvl 81 warlock, I think that probably indicates that Blizzard probably does have a problem with their calculation because in theory the hunter should probably be critting 30-50% of the time if he had his current gear and was also lvl 81.

Well on my mage, against most classes i do fine.
    But against a lock, warrior or hunter, i get destroyed. Rogues must blow every cooldown to have a chance, other mages are equal too. The rest I just lol as they try to kill me. Its just another counter-class game, pvp in WoW sucks now and will always suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixxr View Post
    ITT: Bad Players.

(Rogue Reporting Out, We're fucking awesome atm)
    what are you talking about rogues are like the worst melee right now

10+ Year Old Account
    I was out picking herbs (80 lock) and this 85 Priest came out of nowhere and killed me... Got his health down to half though. If Id been in my pvp gear, I bet I wouldve kicked is butt.

Quote Originally Posted by praide View Post
    If the hunter at 85 wasn't critting on the lvl 81 warlock, I think that probably indicates that Blizzard probably does have a problem with their calculation because in theory the hunter should probably be critting 30-50% of the time if he had his current gear and was also lvl 81.
    Wait, what? Crit is the same for all levels, it is your chance to crit, check your character pane, it doesn't say anything about mob level. Only expertise and hit change depending on the level of the mob

Quote Originally Posted by planrawsto
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?