10+ Year Old Account

Holy Word: Serenity

Why do so few people mention this when they talk about their healing rotations? Its one of our most powerfull spells even without the 25% crit boost to all spells for 6 seconds. For example if you pop this on the tank, then cast a heal on him with boosted crit chance, you will now have a renew running on the tank with full duration and an extra 25% crit on each tick.

It seems people forget they got this spell.

Brainfart, sanctuary is 10k
    Last edited by Mazi; 2010-12-13 at 08:28 PM.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

I dont think it's 10k mana

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    10k mana perhaps?
    Serendipity, not Sanctuary.

OP: You'll refresh Renew again after the buff wears off (since the tank needs healing as usual) and that removes the increased critt part from Renew. That means that often, Renew will only tick between 1-3 times. :/ It's good, but why make a post about it? :]

Edit: @iLive - Serenity, not Serendipity

Brainfart, sanctuary is 10k. His post sounded like he was talking about sanc?

Serenity is an amazing heal. Should be used on CD. It costs less than Heal, our most efficient spell, and heals for about the same if not more, + crit? Yes please. I don't know how many times Serenity saved people on Omnotron last night...
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Holy Word: Serenity costs 8% of your base mana, which comes out to approximately 1867 mana. It is one of the best HpM (heals per mana) spells available to a Holy Priest. Using it off CD is good idea.

And its heal value is greater than 'Heal'.

Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    Serendipity, not Sanctuary.

OP: You'll refresh Renew again after the buff wears off (since the tank needs healing as usual) and that removes the increased critt part from Renew. That means that often, Renew will only tick between 1-3 times. :/ It's good, but why make a post about it? :]
    It's simply amazing. It's cheaper then heal, faster then heal, and hits harder then heal.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bojangles View Post
    It's simply amazing. It's cheaper then heal, faster then heal, and hits harder then heal.
    I didn't argue against it being wortless, but I didn't consider it great because it gave 25% critt chance to Renew. I love this spell, and I use it every cooldown.

@Mazi
    You got me there! :/ Equal?

saying "use Serenity on cooldown" has as many advantages. I myself don't tend to look at them that way, however. If a tank's health is "mostly" sustainable at that point in time, and my mana pool is not in danger, I can use Serenity on a DPS as a pick-me-up spell, being faster, harder, and cheaper than heal means that my tank doesn't go without heals for long.

Or if a pull happens to suck, Serenity aids in burst healing like Penance not consuming a Borrowed Time.

Serenity gives me a tool that I can use to top someone off, or to help burst a tank back to full, and even while moving.

In a Patchwerk, sure there are advantages to using it on cooldown. Everywhere else? Not so simple. And I love it that way
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~