Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    The main reason that groups in random heroic are failing

"first time here, any tactics"

people have walked into these instances blind and haven't bothered to learn anything, im all for wanting surprises in instances but only if I can adapt quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Quite sorry but "Forget what you want, spec prot/healing instead" isn't really a good solution, yes i'm a DPS-warrior slacker (Might as well say it before some "I am tank, HEAR ME ROAR!"-type does it for me), but doing stuff i don't like in order to... why really? I don't like tanking, so i'll be speccing prot in order to tank heroics, so taking a spec i don't want so i can do something i don't want to do, that's about the worst idea since Abraham Lincoln said to his wife "I'm tired of knocking about the house, let's go grab a show" :P

Well for your sake i hope you enjoy your 45 min queues then, by this logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a healer, I wont run with a LFD group unless I absolutely need it for the daily. I will likely stop doing guild runs for the most part once t12 comes out, but until then, people are just too undergeared for the number of mistakes they make. When im in t11/12 gear, i might be able to make up for them, until then, im enjoying my sub 30 mins heroics in guild

Quote Originally Posted by Deathfairy View Post
    Well for your sake i hope you enjoy your 45 min queues then, by this logic.
    But, if I spec tank/heals and run random heroics with the intention of getting DPS gear... won't everyone just make a QQ thread about how I feel a sense of entitlement to steal people's gear when I don't deserve it?
    Because by "biting the bullet" and spec-ing into something I don't enjoy to avoid queue times isn't that exactly my intent? To take DPS gear away from the actual DPS that waited 45 minutes to get into the Heroic...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    But it's not a week into the game really, is it? They've had weeks on the beta to perfect the tactics.
    Tactics isn't the issue. Gear is. I get that these guys had max points and ran heroics like nutjobs. But even running every heroic every day for a week and buying 4k worth of JP gear shouldn't reward a full 10-man raid with enough gear to take down 12/12 bosses.

or maybe I'm just confused. How long did KT, Yogg, or LK take from the time it was released for a guild to down it?

I've always found it odd to hear of tanks/healers switching to DPS when queueing because of poor experiences (or stories of them). Leaving LFD entirely? That makes sense... But if you're going to keep LFDing, wouldn't you be better off as tank/healer, since then you've at least got the ability to take some control of the run's outcome?

As much as I hate being a tank or healer for pugs, I hate pugging tanks and healers even more. :P

---------- Post added 2010-12-13 at 02:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Tactics isn't the issue. Gear is. I get that these guys had max points and ran heroics like nutjobs. But even running every heroic every day for a week and buying 4k worth of JP gear shouldn't reward a full 10-man raid with enough gear to take down 12/12 bosses.

or maybe I'm just confused. How long did KT, Yogg, or LK take from the time it was released for a guild to down it?
    KT was down the first day. The others weren't all that long on Normal.

Here's the score: Blizzard has to make these bosses possible for the bulk of the players. If it's possible for some completely average sometimes-stands-in-stupid guild, then how can it be that difficult for an entire team of the best? I don't think people appreciate just how much of a skill gap exists in the game, and how much of a difference it can make. No, the game isn't that hard, but it still allows skill to overcome an amazing amount of gear.

IIRC, there was a guild that killed Yogg in all blues in LK. That's perspective for you.

Edit: Oh, an LK wasn't released until people had had some time to farm, anyways.
    Last edited by rabbimojo; 2010-12-13 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyro View Post
    The reason I use the LFG finder rarely is mostly down to people's bad attitudes. People that sit and mouth off at each other instead of trying to improve and people that think they're the best players ever. Makes me want to quit everytime I deal with that.
    I agree, its ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    KT was down the first day. The others weren't all that long on Normal.

Here's the score: Blizzard has to make these bosses possible for the bulk of the players. If it's possible for some completely average sometimes-stands-in-stupid guild, then how can it be that difficult for an entire team of the best? I don't think people appreciate just how much of a skill gap exists in the game, and how much of a difference it can make. No, the game isn't that hard, but it still allows skill to overcome an amazing amount of gear.

IIRC, there was a guild that killed Yogg in all blues in LK. That's perspective for you.

Edit: Oh, an LK wasn't released until people had had some time to farm, anyways.
    Well dang, it certainly felt like it took longer. Oh well.

give it a month or 2 so that more ppl are 85

yes. but not until the next tier of content.

The dungeons are already getting a crap load easier (just due to people going from a lot of 316/333 to 333/359,

Already starting to AoE packs and such, I don't like it

To answer to original question. No.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post

All T7 normal content, Sarth, KT, and Maly, was dead within 3 days of wrath being released. Yogg was dead within 18 hours of release.LK was dead on the day the frost wing was opened.

Prince in Kara was dropped 4 days after release.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would survive. I mean, I'm a dps and I do guild groups because of the dungeon queue + its easier to do them and manage the CC with vent. Although I have done pugs, and most of them do fail. But I still would think it would survive to the point where people will still queue up, it just depends on how far the group gets.

Deleted
    It will survive, but it's not really going to be fully functional until we see either a) people overgearing the instances, b) instance nerfs or c) a change in player attitude.

Basically, the difficulty level of the current dungeons doesn't cater to a small (though significant) part of the player base. Based on forum feedback, it seems that premade groups and guild groups are doing fine, while LFG-tool groups fail a lot. This is my personal experience as well. I'm guessing that part of the problem is that there is a casual part of the player base that simply don't care enough to try harder. Which is fair, but also a consequence of having a large playerbase I suppose.

Until the competent players are able to carry the less competent players through an instance (as opposed to now, where it's a requirement that all group members are fairly competent - especially healer and tank) or until the instances get a lot easier, we will continue to see a lot of failing groups in the LFG tool.
    Last edited by mmoc26481ad533; 2010-12-14 at 12:24 PM.