Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Traps are my favorite, mostly because they work on anything and there's no limit on traps, you can usually trap two mobs at once if you do it correctly. But then, I'm a hunter, so I'm biased.

Deleted
    Anyways, what's up with the mages and hunters who barely knows what CC is?
    WOTLK NOOOBS thats all i got to say

Id prefer sheep and moon, its what i was used to during bc and it has stuck since then sheep can be reapplied during combat and if your mage and your tank work well together their is no issues with the pull

.. you forgot about roots.. it's quite effective when done right

Fear (universal), I always put a Cross on my Fear target (You can cross him off your CC list)
    and Banish (when applicable, nothing breaks it so dosn't really matter where it ends up, silly pulls/AoE close by) and I always put a Star on my Banish target (Because I'm a star player and I can juggle two CCs in that pull)
    Second one's a bit cocky, but the amount of times I've seen people fail with even one CC target makes me all jiddy when me and my mage mate manage to pull off a perfect 3 out of 4 targets CCd pull

Quote Originally Posted by Mstermeg View Post
    Hunter, a survival hunter especially since they can easily cc 3 targets at once (Trap, sleep, and kite)

Though a MM hunter with the dazing multishot could technically kite an entire army, just would require an encounter requiring such a thing (Razorgore, first boss in BWL )
    With readiness, a marks hunter can easily trap 2 mobs at once, and 3 mobs with a little planning. Plus kiting.
    you can only reliably cycle traps on two targets, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Freezing Trap is the best CC out there. A Survival specced Hunter should be able to have three Freezing Traps rolling on targets (though it takes a while to get all three up). The Trap itself lasts 1.3 minutes, which is the longest CC out there, while the cooldown itself is only 24 seconds and you can have multiple targets trapped at the same time. So once the first trap is activated you can start trapping other targets.

Then you add other abilities a Survival Hunter can use to CC mobs and you have the best CC class out there. We got Wyvern Sting to sleep a random target for 30 seconds and we got Scare Beast for those pulls that has beasts in them. While Wyvern Sting has a long cooldown so it can't be reused the Scare Beast has none so it can be reapplied all the time. We can also kite a target especially if it can be dazed with Concussive Shot since the cooldown on that ability is the same time as the duration of the daze. Also shouldn't forget Scatter Shot, even though it only last a few seconds it is still a form of CC.
    Last edited by Spl4sh3r; 2010-12-14 at 12:44 AM.

Glyphed fear by FAR. Can use it on nearly ANY mob unless specifically immune to CC, will not regenerate health on the mob like poly, does not easily break, and no cooldown = easy to re-apply, plus with the glyph, it's a lot less scary to use around other groups of mobs.
    Last edited by blahssat; 2010-12-14 at 01:22 AM.

Sheep > Hex when looking at the length of the cooldown.
    Hex > Sheep when saving a wipe because hexed targets don't heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Traps - Square
    Sheep/Sap - Star
    Sleep - Moon (doh)
    Fear - Triangle
    Banish - Diamond
    Fear - Circle, er I mean Nipple.
    Kill Skull, OT Cross.

tbh, I don't really use all these much.. Have skull, nipple and cross keybound. CC Nipple & maybe Cross. Skull is.. well.. clear enough I'd guess, though sometimes you still have to wonder...

Asheowyn - Shandelzare - Anessa - Shandelzhare