Mastery Question

Hello all,

Have a question on mastery, was hoping maybe someone knows the answer.

If I have lets say 11.24 mastery rating and I have another item that increases my rating to 11.78, are those .58 points useless, as in, the game just recognizes 11 points and will wait till 12.00 or higher to use 12 points, or does it actually use the percentages? so it will multiply the mastery bonus by 11.24 or just 11 ?
    so if the .58 points is useless I am better reforging for haste until I have enough mastery points to take me to above 12.00?

Does it makes sense?

Appreciate help if you can.
    Thanks.

Good question, I would like the answer to it as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every half gets recognized if you know what I mean. 11 then 11.50 then 12 then 12.50 then 13 then 13.50 and so on. So if you have 11.78 you basically have 0.28 wasted. Not that this is gonna be a huge impact.

Depends on the mastery. If it's for assassination each point is divided into ~thirds, not sure, each fraction giving the ~1.15% extra poison damage so you'd get more out of the gap between each rating of mastery. But as Koen said it doesn't really impact you all that much, spreadsheet it if it's related to a dps question or something.