Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    What is the big deal with vashj'ir, i've heard a lot of people complaining, but i don't see what the big problem is. Granted i am not high enough to get the cata dig sites yet.

Quote Originally Posted by HoursSH View Post
    What is the big deal with vashj'ir, i've heard a lot of people complaining, but i don't see what the big problem is. Granted i am not high enough to get the cata dig sites yet.
    Vash digsites were removed from EK, that's why it's not a problem any longer.

Deleted
    Last 5 days I've spent over 60 hours on Archaeology. First my main I solved 1.5k fragments, exclude the tablets. After that I started on my alternative character, solved further 1.5k fragments (exl. tablets) Now I'm on my 2nd alt surveying: Current skill is 425, saved up 1.1k fragments so far. Planning on to solve the fragments when I hit 450.

Now, this thread is filled with nothing to be honest. So let me ask some relevant questions.

My main was on level 85 when I started solving the troll's, and I trained the 450+ skill without giving it a thought, and the 1.5k troll's gave me 525 of course. Now my alt was on 80 when I started doinh archa, when i got to 450 skill I had reached 83. Then I asked myself, "can I get the blade when i'm not 85" ? (1st question)

Now my 3d alt is on 76 and still wondering if i can get the blade. And I read somewhere that for further farming you shouldn't train the 450+ archa, hence more digsites in vashjir. (Now i also read itt that those were removed) You also said that it's "confirmed that you can get the sword on lower levels)

summery:

Can i get it when im level 76?
    Should I not train 450+ skill?

Thanks a bunch!

can we make this a tips n tricks thread for archeology? just patching up now, hoping to be in game soon and archeology is likely going to take up considerably more time than levelling
    somebody call for d doctor?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzur View Post
    Last 5 days I've spent over 60 hours on Archaeology. First my main I solved 1.5k fragments, exclude the tablets. After that I started on my alternative character, solved further 1.5k fragments (exl. tablets) Now I'm on my 2nd alt surveying: Current skill is 425, saved up 1.1k fragments so far. Planning on to solve the fragments when I hit 450.

Now, this thread is filled with nothing to be honest. So let me ask some relevant questions.

My main was on level 85 when I started solving the troll's, and I trained the 450+ skill without giving it a thought, and the 1.5k troll's gave me 525 of course. Now my alt was on 80 when I started doinh archa, when i got to 450 skill I had reached 83. Then I asked myself, "can I get the blade when i'm not 85" ? (1st question)

Now my 3d alt is on 76 and still wondering if i can get the blade. And I read somewhere that for further farming you shouldn't train the 450+ archa, hence more digsites in vashjir. (Now i also read itt that those were removed) You also said that it's "confirmed that you can get the sword on lower levels)

summery:

Thanks a bunch!
    Vash'Jir digsites were removed i na hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzur View Post

summery:

Thanks a bunch!

I don't think there's any difference depending on what level you are. Keep in mind you have to be a minimum of 450 in order to find epic quality artifacts, including any epic quality equipment and epic quality cosmetic items.

The sword is considered (unofficially) to be the rarest artifact out of them all. It is the only Troll rare, and I have no idea if that has any effect on its rarity.

I hit 100 troll solves last night, and still haven't found it. I have heard of people going up to 200, and in some abysmal cases, 300+ solves and NEVER seeing it. I have however, also heard of people finding it almost immediately.

If you've already solved a bunch of troll artifacts on one toon, I doubt switching toons will matter at all, as far as everyone is aware, it is a pure luck-based scenario. I've heard of estimates of around 1-1.5% for Zin'rokh to appear after 450 skill. I have stuck with my warlock (my main) and I have no plans to pursue archeology on any other toon, simply because it will drive me insane.

Also, as previous posters have said, you don't have to worry about Vashj'ir anymore, they removed all digsites from it. Also, archeology will not give you digsites in zones that your character is too low level for. This means that you should not get digsites in Twilight Highlands (which is in my opinion, the most annoying zone for archeology).

Deleted
    Aye, thanks. I figured i could do archa on my alts, since you get semi good xp. leveld from 80-83 on the druid and 72-77 on my warrior.

Eastern Kingdoms is the obvious win for the sword. I picked mine up after completing 150+ common troll artifacts, so all in all I was somewhere over 300 arti's when I got the plan. I don't have any official evidence but it always seemed when I pulled a rare I would get a disproportionate amount of those dig sites thereafter until the rare was completed. All in all it took me 2 hours to complete the sword once it was found, and 1 day for the Ultramarine Battle-tank.

i can confirm its not true as a guildie of mine made it on his rogue @ lvl 84...

he saved up all his troll fragments to skill 450 and then he burned all 1400 fragments.. and he got it when he had 300 fragments left..

so he got his alt rogue from 81-84 with archology and a very happy arms warrior main atm

Deleted
    jesus christ, i got the sword on my LAST solve out!

Dont even think getting the sword will be easy ... I farmed whole day for a week ... the sword was my 151st research ... TROLL research, I'm not counting the dwarf, NE, fossil and so on.