Poll: Blizzard responses in their forums are often annoying

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    where's a mod when you need one.
    Lurking in the shadows.

Remember you can always summon us from the abyss with the Report Post button.

I got an admin to change the third poll option (<3) and have deleted/edited some of the posts regarding that as well as warning a few out of line users. Therefore, I have unlocked this post and will continue to monitor it for a bit.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by mgs View Post
    Not supposed to be a troll or flame post, although I can see it inevitably becoming one.

I am personally annoyed by Blizzard locking threads in the official forum, prevent petition threads, and give responses like http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...-scenes#post21

Does it bother you too, or not?

Again - my interest is purely statistical.
    just read what Bashiok was responding to. that was the most appropriate response i could think of.

Yeah I agree sometimes but apparently you and I are wrong for expressing our opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    In the end what would you prefer, mods that can have a joke or mods that are flat out robotic nazi's.
    I'm excited for Star Wars the Old Republic, but honestly have you been to their forums? They're totally worse than Blizz in the robotic nazi sense haha. I put my vote in for "It doesn't bother me"...

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I got an admin to change the third poll option (<3) and have deleted/edited some of the posts regarding that as well as warning a few out of line users. Therefore, I have unlocked this post and will continue to monitor it for a bit.
    I appreciate it, and admit that it was phrased a bit provocatively, which wasn't my initial intension.

I agree that sometimes Blizz shows a bit of well-timed humor in their responses, but overall, yeah, see OP, I am annoyed.

Thanks to all who bothered to reply.

Nope, they are fine. Most posts are just 'wah wah me me me wahh wahh me' because people like to bitch about everything for some very fucked up reason. When someone has a contructive comment, it is always met with a contstructive response. Not very complicated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted no, but I still find Bashiok really annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its their forum. They can do whatever they want in it. Personally i find it funny a guy being owned out by a staff member himself :P

Well i guess Bashiok and Zarhym ( or however he was spelled ) guys are bored and started trolling?
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

No. Why bother taking it seriously.

As others have mentioned, it's not the replies that bother me but the lack of replies on legitimate concerns that do. This is especially evident in their Website Suggestions forum with numerous 15+ page threads going unanswered that are real issues for their users.

It's why, with the exception of my realm forum there, I've made the switch here.

The only thing that really irritates me about the blue responses is where they actually respond. Instead of the few threads you can find (the diamond in the rough threads) that are actually decent and have it's point and post well thought out, you get Blues swarming in the general threads instead.

At least from my experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think its wrong for the blizzard posters to have a little sense of humor and attitude. Questions which serve no other purpose other than to provoke other players and employees don't deserve a serious response.

The only alternative that I see to blues like bashiok, is to just lock the threads without making any comment at all.
    And as some of the other posters here have said, maybe the blues should spend their time posting in threads which are actually relevant to the game instead of just trolling in response to trolls.

Krab

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    The only thing that really irritates me about the blue responses is where they actually respond. Instead of the few threads you can find (the diamond in the rough threads) that are actually decent and have it's point and post well thought out, you get Blues swarming in the general threads instead.

At least from my experience.
    they have said time and time again that even if a blue doesnt write or intervene in a thread it doest mean they havent taken notice especially in the in "user feedback" forums (duh)

10+ Year Old Account
    Its interesting to read everyones pov. I get the sense that there are those who feel as if a stupid comment deserves another. Then, there are others who think as a company looking for feedback, they should focus on the opinions the posters are stating.

I myself feel like they are kind of hypocritical sometimes with their "please don't post this kind of non sense or you'll be banned. Keep on topic. Yadda yadda" and then a post like this appears. I'm not saying that I don't mind the occasional joke, but come on. If the guy doesn't like it, he doesn't like it. It's a forum, not a business meeting.

They want to discourage flamming, but then do something like that. If I were that guys manager, I'd have a couple things to say, that's for sure.

No, I think when players act like QQ-ing 12 year olds, they should be treated that way. They shouldn't have to be nice to all of us just because we pay to play their game, they should be mean, to weed you kids out.

Bashiok is a troll who went pro.
    I'm going to do some real damage!

I like Bashiok the most. I like the fact that whenever someone disagrees with something you like they are rude and trollish. Also Simca I love you I see way more "mod powers activate!" lately and it warms me inside.
    Signature goes here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiesnakes View Post
    No, I think when players act like QQ-ing 12 year olds, they should be treated that way. They shouldn't have to be nice to all of us just because we pay to play their game, they should be mean, to weed you kids out.
    You say that with conviction. However, I would be willing to bet money that in a similar situation in which you shop at a store 5-6 times a month (at a restaurant, at the store) that if you had an opinion on some new aspect of said place, you would feel pretty upset if they dismissed what you said, or even started mocking you. Just because this game has a crap ton of subscriber and blizzard as a company seems like losing a person here or there because of their additude couldn't possibly phase them doesn't make it ok. Like I said before, if joking around is permitted, it really ought to be monitered, and they should set a good example by at the very least following their own forum guidelines.

my view is a bit simple realy
    Blizzard sets the rules so they can do as they wish and if we had to go through some of the posts tickets ect they do i guess we would poke fun at some one at some stage for posting some thing we felt was pointless its not like every time you go there you have to watch the cut scene's. How ever i do feel they should remain respectful when posting a reply not type jibberish on one hand then ban some one else for some thing they feel is wrong. he could of said "on the bright side now you never have to watch those cut scenes again" rather then what he did post. So i guess that type of posting the post and the reply both annoy me in thier own way but it is kinda off like a drunk police man booking you for DUI then driving off in a squad car. ok ok not tottaly the same but you get my drift

Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    You say that with conviction. However, I would be willing to bet money that in a similar situation in which you shop at a store 5-6 times a month (at a restaurant, at the store) that if you had an opinion on some new aspect of said place, you would feel pretty upset if they dismissed what you said, or even started mocking you. Just because this game has a crap ton of subscriber and blizzard as a company seems like losing a person here or there because of their additude couldn't possibly phase them doesn't make it ok. Like I said before, if joking around is permitted, it really ought to be monitered, and they should set a good example by at the very least following their own forum guidelines.
    Your example scenario is hardly relevant to what I just said, in any way. Next please?