Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Archeology Qiraj battletank

I started levelling my archeology today and this mounts the first thing I want to go for. But I've yet to find any info on what area to search in, kinds of fossils, or anything else. Could someone that knows please fill me in

it's a tol'vir artifact, you can't get it until you're around max level.

Ya takes close to 200 fragments from what iv'e seen isnt the most wonderful grind.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Archaeology
    and
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Archaeology_rewards
    has all the archeology info/rewards listed, as Araun said it's a Tol'vir artifact so you need 450 archeology before you can make it and even then it's a rare one obviously.

15+ Year Old Account
    To get the Qiraji Mount you need to reach Cataclysm Profession level which is 450+ before you even can get the Discovery you need. However you don't need the skill to farm the Fragments needed (atleast if I understand it correctly). The Fragments that the Qiraji Mount needs is the Tol'vir ones which only exists within Uldum. Uldum also only has 3 digsites and shares the random digsite spawns in whole Kalimdor. So you have to keep digging in Kalimdor digsites until you get Uldum ones. The Mount then requires 150 Fragments to create and it is a Rare Artifact which means you will most likely not get it until you completed some of the Tol'vir Artifacts to begin with. Also it was said that it's like 1/8th of a chance to get a digsite in Uldum and calculating that you get around 4 Fragments average per dig it would take 500+ digs to get enough Fragments to complete it AFTER you have started collecting Fragments to it. So 500+ then add the amount you had to dig before discovering the Mount in the first place :P

i'm so gonna get my archeology maxed now! battle tanks ftw

Are you looking at http://www.wowhead.com/item=64481?

Basic archeology strategy: Dig.

More advanced: Try to cluster your digging. Your biggest cost to leveling is flight time. It makes no sense to fly all over the place looking for specific types of dig sites - you just need fragments, lots and lots of fragments. So dig, whatever is closest, whatever you can get to fastest.

Once you're high level, then start digging in a zone that has a preponderance of the type of sites that you're hoping to get an artifact for. There's a handy table that'll help once you have the appropriate skill.

Deleted
    Anyone know if it's arround 1-4 it will spawn, or can it be more than 4? Also to have a tol'kin dig spawning

I'm just confused on how you learn it. Like.. You learn the plan thing by making things? Somewhat like how alchemist can learn recipese by making things? Or do you dig the plan up?

Deleted
    The chance to get the mount is arround 8,5%. And just remember it takes time

Somewhat OT, but has anyone actually found the mount yet? Or started on it?

Deleted
    I have it on Boulderfist EU

Hit 525 Sunday morning.

My tol'vir artifacts before i discovered it

12 comon (including vial)
    2 rare (scarab storm, staff of ammunae)

then i discovered the mount last night and finished solving it this morning

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hex18 View Post

Hit 525 Sunday morning.

Does it use the same model as it shows on WoWhead, or does it have a new model? (if so please link a screeni!)

Deleted
    Hex18, How long time have you farmed Tol'vir?

I have got 2 common, on third atm..
    So my chance to get an epic soon is
    6/4
    should be over 40%?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santrix View Post

6/4
    should be over 40%?
    Well, your chance is still the same, RNG ftw....not

10+ Year Old Account

Hit 525 Sunday morning.

the vial recipe is considered common? Sweet! I already have all the truegold and flasks for that...just need to get my archaeology higher and get the sands of time and the bottle.

Hit 525 Sunday morning.

I would really like to see some screen shots of your Arch book on the Tol'vir page cause fuck me running that is some serious luck on your end.
    "Archaeology. It's like fishing....with a pickaxe."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    the vial recipe is considered common? Sweet! I already have all the truegold and flasks for that...just need to get my archaeology higher and get the sands of time and the bottle.
    Canopic Jar is the item that contains the Vial recipe. The Jar itself is a common item, one of like 8 for Tol'Vir, the recipe itself is not common out of the jar.

Quote Originally Posted by santrix View Post

6/4
    should be over 40%?
    No, that's not how it works. No one knows the exact chance at the epics, but it's pretty damn low. You can solve 50 commons before an epic shows up. Or you can get lucky and get an epic much sooner.

Deleted
    I just wanted to note, there are at least 5 different digsites in Uldum. It's certainly possible to get all four Kalimdor digsites in Uldum (I did in the beta a few times), and then after clearing out one of them, another one still in Uldum can pop out. I remember at least five locations.