Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    On BH, we put together a hodge podge PUG and killed the shark on our second attempt, no ventrilo, no external communication short of a macro spamming "SWIM AWAY <name>!"" The fight is deceptively easy, should not be thought of as needed to be tanked, and instead, should be zerged by ranged dps. With the Whale Sharks enormous hit box and slow speed, simply juggling aggro amongst various ranged dps classes (mages, warlocks and spriests had it the entire fight) and having it's target cease DPS and swim away when targetted, the fight is a cakewalk. Congrats to you though!!

Solo'd it about a week ago.

It's ridiculously easy to do it once done properly, but it takes a long time to kill him. The first time I killed him by myself, it took about 23 minutes from the pull until his death.

In reality it took almost an hour, because the first time I did it, I brought him down to about 300k life until a DK seen what I was doing and decided to taunt him, which although ended up with the DK getting smeared all over Vashj'ir's coral reefs, also caused the Whale Shark to reset. Then I had to repeat the arduous process all over again
    Last edited by MorpheusDV; 2010-12-19 at 01:57 AM.

Did he drop any lewtz?
    *Awaits with hungry eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by Vyil View Post
    Did he drop any lewtz?
    *Awaits with hungry eyes*
    They don't drop any loot. Not even gold.

It's quite easy to do as a hunter, backpedal right in front of their face. Takes a bit of practice, and a lot of time

Field Marshal
    i done it 17.12.2010 with 12 people, - Weas - Talnivarr EU easily, i could solo if i had 30 min tbh

I soloed him as balance druid, took some time, but it was worth it

Got a addon that shows my range from him and I just made sure I was between 7-20 yards, backpaddling in the water keeping him dotted and spamming moonfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Snore View Post
    I soloed him as balance druid, took some time, but it was worth it

Got a addon that shows my range from him and I just made sure I was between 7-20 yards, backpaddling in the water keeping him dotted and spamming moonfire.
    Tried to solo him on my 81 Druid lastnight. 52 minutes into my kite, an 85 Horde Warlock comes along and ganks me. I managed to heal through his damage whilst staying within the range threshold... until he decided to cast Fear. My character went running face-first into the Whale Shark and that was the end of it.

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/7386/whaleshark2.jpg

I'll try again tomorrow...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    Since my post count is rougly 10x yours I'll give you a big STFU because I'm obviously your superior

3 manned it in about 15 minutes.
    2 fire mages, 1 ret pally

Was alot of fun once he had about 1m health and you realized it was actually happening...
    We just did it too btw

Last edited by KeirAdish; 2010-12-21 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Yeah, Europe certainly didn't play any sort of role in destroying the stability of Africa. The United States is literally the source of all evil. The United Satans, mirite?

Sigh, I said not to turn this into a post count bump orgi by making useless posts about your kill and a SS. If you need a strat, there are plenty already there.

if you want to post about a kill you've done or a sever 1st, do it in a sticky.