Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I Just hitted 85 last night, i still have some T11 264 parts, some greens and some blues.
    Have tryed Arcane and Fire, it seems that at this point Arcane is better if you know how manage the mana. However, i really dont like the Arcane Playstyle, i hope at more iLvl Fire, Frost or FFB became more powerfull since those specs are really really fun, i'm getting boring right now with Arcane, at the point that I'm about to switch to my paladin or my shaman. Let's give to the mage a few more tries :V

If ya dont like using one spec, switch. Its your preference.

Deleted
    Im playing as frost atm ! got MORE dmg then arcane and alot better utillity then fire ! frot is pretty awesome for kiting and so tbh i think that specc is best for heroics atleast! when u get to raid tho fire all the way

Fire. Always loved Fire, and I'm glad to be back in it (was Arcane for a bit during WotLK). I also love being able to use Frostfire Bolt again. I used it for the first half of WotLK, and I just love the spell. And Combustion's new design is awesome.

Arcane is the highest dps by far for heroics. I'm averaging around 9k dps on trash, around 12k on bosses. Granted the longer the fight the lower the dps usually, but it's not really a problem for 5 man heroics. I figured fire would be the best overall dps, like back in the old days. It just wasn't the case. Sure fire is okay on some aoe pulls, but it seriously drains your mana, and even on big aoe pulls it's still only on par with arcane. Frost was about equal to fire in my experiences.

I think once we're all geared a little more fire will be the way to go, but right now there's just not enough crit chance. Arcane pumps out some serious damage. 25k frostbolt, and fireball crits don't even compare to 70k arcane blast crits.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by windowz View Post
    Arcane is the highest dps by far for heroics. I'm averaging around 9k dps on trash, around 12k on bosses.
    25k frostbolt, and fireball crits don't even compare to 70k arcane blast crits.
    Depending on your ilvl and group buffs 12k on bosses isn't going to convince me to go arcane. I've been frost since 85 so it's all I have to go off but once I hit 340 ilvl mana wasn't an issue on even the longer heroic fights. Sitting at 345 ilvl now I'm anywhere from 12k-15k depending on buffs, length of fight and movement. AND if you think 70k arcane blasts are cool, try getting used to 100k deep freezes! OR 200k deep freezes on gimmick fights like Orbital defense when a boss is in Toxitron's pool with a spell stolen Power Conversion standing in a Power Generator.

I'm playing Arcane right now. That's subject to change later, but for now I'm enjoying it. DPS is fine, well over 14k on boss fights(much more on some), and I just like how different it is from previous renditions of Arcane. I haven't competed against a Fire specced mage yet, but so far two Frost mages I've run with are consistently lagging behind by a fair margin, while our gear is at similar levels.

Fire, i pull 12k and can manage mana through an entire fight, arcane i pull 10k and am always struggling to keep mana. 10k mana Arcane Blasts are no good

Leveling: Fire PVP:Fire(Shatter and Improved CoC in my spec and has quite nice synergy with fire) C PVE:Fire.

Guess you could say I like fire...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by agelos View Post
    Fire, as iLevel 335 Hit capped with 26% crit unbuffed. Doesn't sound too bad to me. I love it's utility in heroics!
    Link to Armory please Oo

Fun is in the eye of the beholder.
    I'm running Fire and i like it. I'm not one that would force their choices upon others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Frost-subfire/Ignite

More fun than both of the other mage specs and has more utility than both other specs combined barring extreme AE situations.

in 333/346 with 333 weapons and trinkets im seeing 12k-16k single target in heroics reforged, gemmed, and chanted for raiding.

If anyone ever tells you "i pull such and such dps constantly as frost" they are full of shit if you dont crit with your deepfreezes/BF you cant break 14k in current gear.

Highly enjoying frost in heroics. Gear level is still pretty low thanks to real life so Fire seems stunted with so few HS procs and not as much Fireballing as I'd like.