1. #1

    Can't fly in Ghostlands/Eversong?!

    Not sure if I am just bugged (have relogged and closed WoW 3 times now) but I cannot fly in ghostlands/eversong woods. I flew to EPL, went through portal to get to Ghostlands and now I can't use my flying mount...

  2. #2
    That's cuz these zones are instanced even if it doesn't look like it, if you tried to fly from ghostlands ot EP, you would only find an empty,flat zone.
    so no flying in the exodar isles/Quel'thalas
    Yes, I am an Horde fanboy
    Yes, I am an Alliance fanboy
    No, I'm not gonna miss 50% of the game for some stupid ridiculous faction fight

  3. #3
    sigh that's just retarded

  4. #4
    well its not instanced they belong to a diff map :P
    ghostlands /silvermoon area are on the same gamemap as outland for some reason...
    so thats prolly why.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by triwar View Post
    well its not instanced they belong to a diff map :P
    ghostlands /silvermoon area are on the same gamemap as outland for some reason...
    so thats prolly why.
    Probably not since you can fly in outland. I would guess it's because they are in fact instanced.
    Enelysion - Human WotLK Rogue (Cataclysm main)
    Frozzt - Human Classic Paladin (Classic, BC, WotLK main)
    Iluxion - Blood Elf BC Warlock (BC main)

  6. #6
    still lame, since you have to zone, like leaving Outlands into Blasted Lands, you can fly... pretty crappy imo.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifize View Post
    Probably not since you can fly in outland. I would guess it's because they are in fact instanced.
    You know you are talking about same thing? ^^
    You are talking about different maps.

    "Instanced" actually means that there may exist many instances of single map, like each group gets their own instance of a dungeon.
    by this definition Ghostlands are NOT instanced, and in fact they are part of outlands map. Just you cant use flying mounts in it, just like you cant use them in dalaran even tho you can in the rest of northrend.

    As to why ghostlands are in outlands map - its same map id, and you can see minimap arrows to your party members who are in outlands, while you are in ghostlands.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

    I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

  8. #8
    Originally they were stuck on TBC servers as they were part of the new expansion and blizz would have had alot of problems trying to intergrate on the original "vanilla" map servers. When cata was announced and flying was going to be allowed a lot of people asked if they would be able to fly in the blood elf / Draenei areas, at first blizz were going to be changing these areas over to the original ones and make them part of the original area, but they came across a few problems and rather than spend more time working around this problem they left it as they are for maybe a future solve.. So until that happens you'll never be able to fly in those areas.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinder View Post
    Originally they were stuck on TBC servers as they were part of the new expansion and blizz would have had alot of problems trying to intergrate on the original "vanilla" map servers. When cata was announced and flying was going to be allowed a lot of people asked if they would be able to fly in the blood elf / Draenei areas, at first blizz were going to be changing these areas over to the original ones and make them part of the original area, but they came across a few problems and rather than spend more time working around this problem they left it as they are for maybe a future solve.. So until that happens you'll never be able to fly in those areas.
    Any source of blizz stating that they want to integrate those zones into azeroth? I have only seen blue quotes stating otherwise months before beta
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

    I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

  10. #10
    It was said at one of the blizzcons

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •